Kareem Hunt: Cut candidate. Possible 2022 Bill?

filthymcnasty08

6 hours ago, nucci said:

well, if it was on a podcast...

I knew this response was coming.  I used the word "projecting" as in one podcast was projecting Hunt to get cut and they thought he was best fit with the Bills.  In all the RB conversations, we never mentioned him.   I compared him to the FA choices and asked the board for their thoughts.  I don't believe I represented this as some kind of scoop or eventuality.  Just an idea and, as usual, the board came up with a great variety of thoughts.

On 2/26/2022 at 1:10 PM, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

I don’t know … I think we’re trying to build a Super Bowl roster, not a Grammy winning boys choir. If he helps in the ultimate quest?  Git er dun 

Yes but you have to have common sense. If you bring someone with a repetitive history of violence on your team , you , by proxy, are condoning that as having been ok. What are you going to do , not cheer if he scores a td? This enables these deniers who blame others for their behavior , and they look at cheers as approval or validation. They are ill, any fan praise turns into justification in their minds.

The only way to do this is if they agree to therapy , signed off on by the therapist with no excuses for missed sessions. Some people do change but in my experience , most revert unless they see the need and desire change. I believe in second chances but with aftercare and monitored help. Do you believe that’s the way the NFL would Handle things : this is a league that notifys players in advance for drug testing !  Also football is a violent sport , it’s based on physicality , not emotional well being.

Most businesses and professions hold their employees to high standards. I’ll give you one example in my profession. If a dr in Florida gets a dui, or uses drugs  ( anesthesiologists have been caught taking drugs off the cart meant for use for a patient! ) , they are immediately suspended. After months of therapy , they enter a 5 year program of aftercare where they are called randomly ( holidays, beimg out of town are no excuses) and they must drop a urine within 24 hours. If they don’t, it’s considered a failure and they are again suspended and may permanently lose their license ( which is a privilege to serve and care for patients). They also are required to attend at least once a week support group meetings. No excuses!  So for their FIRST INCIdent , they are committed to a 5 year intensely monitored program!  Any relapse starts the 5 years all over. Pretty intense , right? But it’s to help that PERSON ( not the “ dr” or “ player” ) have a healthy life. Do yo t(ink the nfl , by giving a million dollar contract to a guy who attacked a woman , has a history of cutting ties at the drop of a hat if you’re not performing, cares about that PLAYER AS A HUMAN BEING AFTER THEY CANT PLAY?  

That’s why I applaud teams with moral lines. Kc will take anyone , but look at what that blanket acceptance has resulted in with Reid’s own family. I want the Bills to win a SB , but why can’t they do it with decent people we can care about and cheer for ?  There are so many guys who can play ; why not go the route of choosing character guys like Allen ?  That turned out pretty well, as he  is also a positive for the community. Not many will donate to a hospital wing in the name of a guy like Hunt. I like the current culture the Bills espouse, winning yet encouraging players to be the best versions of themselves as players and men. 

12 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Repeat after me. Smart teams don't give big contracts to running backs.

$5M/year is now "big"? I know RB value is not where it once was, but $5M/year is low-end starter money.

Smart teams also should realize that 3rd rounders are generally in the 3rd round for a reason and they do not constitute a SB caliber backfield.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 hours ago, filthymcnasty08 said:

I knew this response was coming.  I used the word "projecting" as in one podcast was projecting Hunt to get cut and they thought he was best fit with the Bills.  In all the RB conversations, we never mentioned him.   I compared him to the FA choices and asked the board for their thoughts.  I don't believe I represented this as some kind of scoop or eventuality.  Just an idea and, as usual, the board came up with a great variety of thoughts.

just messing with you....

On 2/25/2022 at 5:03 PM, Rigotz said:

This is the guy you want? 

https://www.tmz.com/videos/0-exjrtvg5/

"Never charged with a crime" ... come on. If you're fine with compromising on character, at least admit it.

Jesus, God. Please let's be one of the few teams who won't take talent at any cost. You can keep the Hunts and Petersons of the world...

11 hours ago, SF Bills Fan said:

Brown was and still is just a head case and locker room cancer. He hasn’t been accused of beating women that I know of.  

I think sexual assault and rape might count as violence against women:

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/antonio-brown-investigation-lawsuit-trainer-rape-accusation/32meh1uotus1kcorpawbkr3f

IMHO beating a male truck driver oughta count against AB too, just as it counted against Kareem Hunt when he punched a Put-in-bay guest in the face:

https://nypost.com/2020/04/04/antonio-brown-charged-in-alleged-truck-driver-assault/

12 hours ago, SF Bills Fan said:

Can’t see Kim Pegula signing off on him

Question 1,

Will Hunt make the bills Money with tickets, jersey sales, on field production etc.

If the answer is yes, everything else is moot.

Billionaires care about one thing, and that's money. 

On 2/25/2022 at 5:18 PM, Chicken Boo said:

Do I need to educate some Bills fans about Jim Kelly's past?  

Two of the worst people I met in my life. Stories i've heard along with seeing how they treated people.

Jim Kelly

Andre Reed.

Two of the most celebrated Bills in team history.

High horses be damned. 

• Like (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think sexual assault and rape might count as violence against women:

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/antonio-brown-investigation-lawsuit-trainer-rape-accusation/32meh1uotus1kcorpawbkr3f

IMHO beating a male truck driver oughta count against AB too, just as it counted against Kareem Hunt when he punched a Put-in-bay guest in the face:

https://nypost.com/2020/04/04/antonio-brown-charged-in-alleged-truck-driver-assault/

Those allegations came to light after the Bills had gone after him much earlier in the year. 

1 hour ago, filthymcnasty08 said:

$5M/year is now "big"? I know RB value is not where it once was, but $5M/year is low-end starter money.

Smart teams also should realize that 3rd rounders are generally in the 3rd round for a reason and they do not constitute a SB caliber backfield.  

also its simply not true.

Look at the highest paid RBs.

outside of Zeke Elliott, they are all difference makes for their teams 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/average/running-back/

On 2/25/2022 at 8:01 PM, GreggTX said:

If a guy has committed a crime and pays his debt to society, I'd give him another chance. That doesn't mean it can't happen again, but all too often, we make it so hard on them that recovery becomes much more difficult. Hunt is far better than most people realize. That said, I don't know him personally and I'd want to talk to people in Cleveland about any character concerns before making such a move. If he's come around, I'd say OK, but any more woman beating and you are finished. No guaranteed money. No nothing. There's the door.

I think this is my position as well.  People can and do change all the time, especially when they're young adults who have to suddenly face the consequences of their actions after having hardly ever been held accountable before.   Hunt was 22 years old when the incident was videotaped.  He should have known better but maybe domestic violence was the norm in his family/environment, and nobody ever told him it's wrong.  If Hunt has learned from his mistakes and changed his attitude and ways, he deserves to be judged by who he is now and how he behaves now not four years ago.

11 hours ago, filthymcnasty08 said:

Quick, what's the 'success' rate of each round? How many players of each round are on the Superbowl teams for the last 3 years? Since you made this statement, I'm sure you have it right at hand. 

Edited by Malazan

14 hours ago, Malazan said:

Quick, what's the 'success' rate of each round? How many players of each round are on the Superbowl teams for the last 3 years? Since you made this statement, I'm sure you have it right at hand. 

LOL...no I don't have that right at hand, and I am not sure what you're trying to prove, but you are free to google that yourself.  Talking about RB here.  Off the top of my head, at RB last 3 SB's:

Akers:  2nd Rd.

Sony M:  1st. Rd (Trade)

Mixon:  2nd Rd.

Fournette:  1st Rd. (FA Pickup)

CEH:  1st. Round

Shady:  2nd Round (FA pickup)

Niners Committee Backfield:  several undrafted, Coleman Rd 3 

Nevertheless, I appreciate your proving my point that leaving your RB situation 100% to mid round draft picks carries a low success rate.   A proven NFL commodity, who can elevate their game in our offense, at a reasonable price is one way to offset that.  

I would ask you if you think our backfield is SB caliber in its current form and, if not, what would your strategy be to improve on it?  We're not going RB in rd's 1 or 2 so, is it enough to try to hit the lottery in round 3+ or should we look to get a proven guy in the mix?  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.