Kareem Hunt: Cut candidate. Possible 2022 Bill?

filthymcnasty08

26 minutes ago, Doc said:

What woman did he touch, Another Fan?

And it's funny that many who slam Hunt would gladly take a guy who committed felony assault on a Bills player.

I'll just leave it as he was never exactly a model person 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/9275214/police-investigating-bus-incident-involving-lesean-mccoy-philadelphia-eagles

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2015/07/23/bills-asked-lesean-mccoy-to-take-down-his-ad-for-creepy-females-only-party-because-it-used-their-logo/

https://www.businessinsider.com/lesean-mccoy-left-20-cent-tip-says-restaurant-owner-2014-9

• Eyeroll 2

5 hours ago, BigAl2526 said:

I have always believed that character matters, but I've also believed that character can change.  Given Hunt's past, I would be exceedingly careful to check Hunt's off field behavior since the incident on video.  I'd want to see not just a clean record, but evidence that he has acted in a way that reflects positive, healty relationships with women.  Lacking that, I would pass.

For me, the video is enough.  But I don't think your take is unreasonable.

I disagree with the people who say it's all about winning and football players are not choir boys.  If I was a coach or GM, I wouldn't be looking for saints.  But I would want folks with some minimal level of character. 

I think the chances of building the right culture get better when you make character one of the prerequisites for being part of this special team we're building.  

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

We don't need a court indictment or a jury's verdict.  We all saw with our own eyes what he did.  

Care to address the fact that the police came immediately and didn’t arrest him and he was never even charged with a misdemeanor, despite the fact that they had the video tape? Think maybe there was more to the story?

I don't think that Kareem Hunt will be on the Bills team his skill set would be welcome to this offense but personally i would love to see exactly what led to him getting to this point because some women can be evil and push every known button to piss a guy off i have personally experienced this .

The women in the video looks to be very young & (this is just me) possible gold digger, & i think she may just be hanging with him for her own personal gain to tell her friends "I have hung out with Kareem Hunt" look at me ! I could be very wrong but we don't & will probably never know .

Sure he should have just walked away & let it be but some people just won't let that happen until you make it known in some way that your done . 

I think i would rather have Fournette if the money was right he is a bigger back to compliment Motor & be better for short yardage .

If your the sedative type don't watch this video ....

Edited by T master

32 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Niiiiiice I totally missed that he did that there

Good catch

Tyrel Dodson?

The Bills did an investigation into the Dodson incident and found no credible evidence supporting it. While speciation on my part, if they found credible evidence, I would have thought they would have cut him, esp.

since he was an undrafted rookie. 

17 hours ago, mannc said:

Care to address the fact that the police came immediately and didn’t arrest him and he was never even charged with a misdemeanor, despite the fact that they had the video tape? Think maybe there was more to the story?

You are attempting to defend the indefensible.  What more to the story would justify what you saw? Who knows why the cops did not arrest him.  Maybe it was the first bad decision in the history of policing.  Whatever the reason, he should have gone to jail and I would not want him on the Bills.  Scumbag. 

Edited by FLFan

43 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Niiiiiice I totally missed that he did that there

I worked with a guy who was an old timer from Brooklyn. He was married and constantly cheated on his wife. Once, when talking about these women he told me "I expect my broads to be loyal." :)  He was being serious.

I knew he was crazy and I was too young to speak up, but I never forgot this. One all but never hears this term these days, or at least I do not. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

The Bills did an investigation into the Dodson incident and found no credible evidence supporting it. While speciation on my part, if they found credible evidence, I would have thought they would have cut him, esp.

since he was an undrafted rookie. 

The NFL suspended Dodson for 6 games so they believed there was credible evidence of "something"

Dodson was arrested and charged with disorderly conduct, assault/domestic violence and damage to property

Here is a description of the allegations:

https://sports.yahoo.com/bills-rookie-tyrel-dodson-arrested-on-domestic-assault-other-charges-225308094.html

-he grabbed her "forcefully" and shoved her against the wall

-he slapped her, after she slapped him

-she locked herself in the bathroom and he broke the door down

-he shoved her to the floor in the kitchen

-the argument was so loud a neighbor was concerned for the woman and knocked on her door to check on her

-she left the apartment and when she returned, found that Dodson had taken her car keys, $500 from her purse, and money from her safe under the bed

Dodson settled by entering a pre-trial diversion program for the domestic violence charge and agreeing to make restitution of the money, upon which the other charges were dropped.

Now I'm not saying the Bills shouldn't have signed him.  He did his counseling/diversion program and hopefully is a better man.

But from the description given, I'm willing to bet that would look at least as bad or worse than Kareem Hunt's incident. 

And Dodson was actually arrested, charged, and suspended by the NFL.

So I don't think we should conclude that the Bills would never sign a player who has anything in his past.

19 hours ago, mannc said:

Of course there was more to the story. Money and celebrity. Money, influence and power tend to remove the blindfold from the justice system. Not race. 

5 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The NFL suspended Dodson for 6 games so they believed there was credible evidence of "something"

Dodson was arrested and charged with disorderly conduct, assault/domestic violence and damage to property

Here is a description of the allegations:

https://sports.yahoo.com/bills-rookie-tyrel-dodson-arrested-on-domestic-assault-other-charges-225308094.html

-he grabbed her "forcefully" and shoved her against the wall

-he slapped her, after she slapped him

-she locked herself in the bathroom and he broke the door down

-he shoved her to the floor in the kitchen

-the argument was so loud a neighbor was concerned for the woman and knocked on her door to check on her

-she left the apartment and when she returned, found that Dodson had taken her car keys, $500 from her purse, and money from her safe under the bed

Dodson settled by entering a pre-trial diversion program for the domestic violence charge and agreeing to make restitution of the money, upon which the other charges were dropped.

Now I'm not saying the Bills shouldn't have signed him.  He did his counseling/diversion program and hopefully is a better man.

But from the description given, I'm willing to bet that would look at least as bad or worse than Kareem Hunt's incident. 

And Dodson was actually arrested, charged, and suspended by the NFL.

So I don't think we should conclude that the Bills would never sign a player who has anything in his past.

This is an excellent point to this discussion. We probably need to respect the people that make these decisions and not let our own personal biases dictate the narrative 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.