Kareem Hunt: Cut candidate. Possible 2022 Bill?

filthymcnasty08

3 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

what makes you think this? I have never seen this front office give someone a second chance. They don’t take risks on character. 

They haven’t given a second chance to a player that you know of.   Odds are they have though with as many players as they’ve had through OBD  over 5 years.  And they just  hired an Offensive Line coach with an incident in his past of  hitting a minor over some beach chairs.

Like I said,  sometimes people make a mistake.  Doesn’t mean that mistake is a normal part of their life.   In Hunt’s case he’s already gotten his second chance with the Browns and been fine as far as anyone knows.  The Bills wouldn’t be giving him anything but another opportunity to play ball.  

However, I don’t think he brings what they truly need from an on-field perspective.

3 hours ago, Sierra Foothills said:

You're right. I don't know. Nor do you. None of us do.

In my profession I stringently try not to judge people and I try to base my opinion of people on my own dealings with that person.

My larger point is that it's not necessary to acquire players who've run afoul of the law in order to field a championship team.

It seems like there are a lot of people on this board who think/hope/wish that adding felons and badasses to the team will ensure a Super Bowl Championship.

There's a subtext in this thread that a team needs to have a felonic character or two in order to get over the hump.

It seems like it's born of a "win at all costs" desperation that I don't adhere to.

I hear you.  I think a team needs to get the best players they can.  Sometimes that player might have a history.   Factors have to be weighed: did they make a one time mistake or have they been consistently in trouble?   Have they taken steps to change and demonstrated those changes?   No different than in the world in general.  

The Bills just hired Kromer to coach O-line.  He was one of the best coaches available.  Yet, he has a history.   But no trouble, that we know of, since then.  

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, filthymcnasty08 said:

Heard this one today on a podcast:  Projected Hunt to the Bills

No guaranteed $ from the Browns, probable cut candidate.  D'ernest Johnson taking his spot. $5M estimated cost.

Great fit for this offense.  Not a big number for a guy that can start/handle 3 downs if need be.  Has shown ability to produce big in a 2 back timeshare as well.

We know what he can do on-field.  We know off-field was ugly a few years ago.  Has kept himself out of any further issues in Cle.  

Also projected Allen Robinson to Buffalo.  (God, and your salary cap team, are you listening?)

I know, typical off-season sh-t but, ARob dreams aside, the Hunt possibility is a very interesting one.

If I hold this one up against:

Fournette

Patterson

Chase Edmonds

M Gordon

R Penny

M Mack

James White

As interesting as Penny would be, I'd take Hunt if we could afford him.  Thoughts?

The question is never "if we can afford him." It's whether we can afford him reasonably, without too many other hardships being caused.

I don't think we can or will. Same with Allen Robinson. Both good players.

Myself, though, I'm with Sierra Foothills above. I wouldn't bring in Hunt when there are other guys. 

Not to mention we just don't need to spend major salary cap bucks on RB right now. I see us bringing in someone more on the level of Weldon, drafting a mid- to late-round guy and telling Moss he'd better get over to Singletary's off-season coach and work his butt off because the level he played at last year was not acceptable in the long term and won't get him a second contract, and maybe not even a fourth year.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 2

18 hours ago, Another Fan said:

Fitz? 

12 hours ago, Motor26 said:

I don’t endorse this move, because violence against woman is despicable in any act. But the Bills not taking chances on anyone with character red flags kind of bothers me. A kid fails a drug test for weed in college? Who cares, it’s weed. A dude gets in a bar fight, haven’t we all? They pigeon hole themselves out of a lot of good players by completely crossing certain players off their list.

No , we haven’t all failed drug tests or been in bar fights.  You need to rethink what normal behavior is and who you hang around with. Thise are not normal parts of everyone’s life.  Sorry to introduce you to decency , law, rules. 

I cannot believe the self righteousness shown in this thread.

A lot of long-time, loyal Bills fans have died of old age and many other reasons without seeing their team win a SB, and here we are, finding new ways to make sure talent never makes it to our roster.

We are not in a position to be negotiating against ourselves, and the hardcore fans opposed to Hunt have not earned the right to harm our ability to win. I'm glad the silent majority of fans would approve of a trade like this.

Edited by galept

1 hour ago, DrPJax said:

No , we haven’t all failed drug tests or been in bar fights.  You need to rethink what normal behavior is and who you hang around with. Thise are not normal parts of everyone’s life.  Sorry to introduce you to decency , law, rules. 

I can guarantee you it has happened to way more people then you think. Humans drink and smoke and things happen.

Hell I saw a story of an Amish guy getting a DUI on horse and buggy. ***** happens all the time to many people.

Edited by TBBills
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, pennstate10 said:

Couple of points here.

1) Dont know why Bozo is saying ARob has a "poor attitude".  Thats crazy talk.  He's not a speed guy.  He's a guy who competes, and wins the ball.  Has over 1000 yds every year he's healthy.  Watch some film dude.

2) If that film is everything against Hunt....He's just a drunk dude acting out. If you kick all those guys off your team, you wont have a team. You want to see a criminal?  Watch Mixon cold #### some woman.  Thats a criminal.

Just a drunk dude acting out. What a great justification for violence against women. 

Edited by Jpsredemption
  • Like (+1) 1

Are we sure all of the "morality-based"  arguments would come to the surface if it were Tyreek Hill we were talking about bringing in?

The nice part about decisions at the franchise level is they're downstream from the league.  Gives individual franchises the opportunity to then make their own decision after the league gives overall direction.  If the league decides one way/other, then it's fair game as franchises are here to win in any way possible within those boundaries.  Watch D Watson and how many teams will freaking lunge to get him if the league lets him back in.  

• Like (+1) 2

18 hours ago, Rigotz said:

This is the guy you want? 

https://www.tmz.com/videos/0-exjrtvg5/

"Never charged with a crime" ... come on. If you're fine with compromising on character, at least admit it.

My thing with the whole incident was WTF would he have done to her if there weren’t a bunch a people around trying to hold him back. 

The dude breaks tackles for a living and has 5 or 6 guys struggling to keep him from getting to her. 

He got her to see stars with a bunch of people trying to stop it. Less concerned about what didn’t happen, and really of afraid of what didn’t. 

Pass on this guy.

2 hours ago, filthymcnasty08 said:

Are we sure all of the "morality-based"  arguments would come to the surface if it were Tyreek Hill we were talking about bringing in?

The nice part about decisions at the franchise level is they're downstream from the league.  Gives individual franchises the opportunity to then make their own decision after the league gives overall direction.  If the league decides one way/other, then it's fair game as franchises are here to win in any way possible within those boundaries.  Watch D Watson and how many teams will freaking lunge to get him if the league lets him back in.  

I think Tyreek is a garbage human and I am glad he is not on my team. I don’t need choir boys but you can’t be a POS.

12 hours ago, SirAndrew said:

Hunt is being extremely overrated here. This conversation has been about the off field stuff, but he’s not a special player. His reputation was built entirely on his accomplishments in KC. Acquiring the baggage isn’t worth it. 

This.

Edited by Mango

18 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

Do I need to educate some Bills fans about Jim Kelly's past?  

I will never understand the Jim Kelly infatuation outside of football. The guy treated this town like trash unless he needed something. Even through the late 90’s and early aughts I knew people who were screamed and sworn at gas stations asking for autographs with their 8 year olds. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.