Kareem Hunt: Cut candidate. Possible 2022 Bill?

filthymcnasty08

2 hours ago, Motor26 said:

I don’t endorse this move, because violence against woman is despicable in any act. But the Bills not taking chances on anyone with character red flags kind of bothers me. A kid fails a drug test for weed in college? Who cares, it’s weed. A dude gets in a bar fight, haven’t we all? They pigeon hole themselves out of a lot of good players by completely crossing certain players off their list.

The Bills did take a gamble with Josh.  Remember the leaking of his tweets the night before the draft.   The Bills had a long call with Josh on draft day morning to clear it with him and then drafted him 7th.  

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Whatever anyone’s own opinions, does anyone genuinely believe the Bills would actually sign him, based on the team’s focus on character?  There is a zero percent chance. 

The Bills retained, played and have now re-signed Dodson with a domestic violence on his rap sheet. Never say never.

1 hour ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Weren't the bills rumored to be interested in hunt when he was a free agent after that incident?

As for allen Robinson, this is the guy I think could sign here on a cheaper contract. I think he is really tired of having poor QB play plus if he came here lit it up his value would sky rocket 

They couldn't decide between Antonio Brown and Hunt...

If a guy has committed a crime and pays his debt to society, I'd give him another chance. That doesn't mean it can't happen again, but all too often, we make it so hard on them that recovery becomes much more difficult. Hunt is far better than most people realize. That said, I don't know him personally and I'd want to talk to people in Cleveland about any character concerns before making such a move. If he's come around, I'd say OK, but any more woman beating and you are finished. No guaranteed money. No nothing. There's the door.

• Like (+1) 4

37 minutes ago, ganesh said:

The Bills did take a gamble with Josh.  Remember the leaking of his tweets the night before the draft.   The Bills had a long call with Josh on draft day morning to clear it with him and then drafted him 7th.  

Twitter isn’t a real place, so there’s that. But he was like 18 or 19, quoting what appeared to be rap lyrics or quotations. I don’t think that’s as much of an issue as assaulting a woman.

27 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

The Bills retained, played and have now re-signed Dodson with a domestic violence on his rap sheet. Never say never.

So there you go. The Bills aren't completely opposed to the idea of obtaining a player with some issues. Listen I'm not advocating McB to go out and sign a bunch of serial killers, but if the player has shown remorse and made the effort to change like Hunt, then Hell yeah. Guys like AB are probably beyond help.

• Agree 1

Just now, LABILLBACKER said:

So there you go. The Bills aren't completely opposed to the idea of obtaining a player with some issues. Listen I'm not advocating McB to go out and sign a bunch of serial killers, but if the player has shown remorse and made the effort to change like Hunt, then Hell yeah. Guys like AB are probably beyond help.

36 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

The Bills retained Dodson after doing an investigation and finding that the allegations were not credible. 

If they discovered he committed DV, he would have been cut. 

30 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Why bring in a guy that's gonna cost you the money you need to get that game changing defensive player when you can draft a "Jamaal Charles" type RB in Breece Hall? Ladainian Tomlinson says that's who Hall reminds him of when watching tape. 

Do also love Breece Hall.  Hey, we have choices. 

6 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

The Bills retained Dodson after doing an investigation and finding that the allegations were not credible. 

If they discovered he committed DV, he would have been cut. 

Even the process has to have a purgatory? Players can change and be productive. Maybe not AB, at this point he's kinda a lost cause. 

3 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I'm tired of waiting around for the "All Choir Boy" team to ever win one. If it takes a couple gangsta's, so be it.

Judging by the reactions to your post, it would appear the consensus is we're ok with never winning a superbowl as long as the team are pillars of the community. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, filthymcnasty08 said:

Heard this one today on a podcast:  Projected Hunt to the Bills

No guaranteed $ from the Browns, probable cut candidate.  D'ernest Johnson taking his spot. $5M estimated cost.

Great fit for this offense.  Not a big number for a guy that can start/handle 3 downs if need be.  Has shown ability to produce big in a 2 back timeshare as well.

We know what he can do on-field.  We know off-field was ugly a few years ago.  Has kept himself out of any further issues in Cle.  

Also projected Allen Robinson to Buffalo.  (God, and your salary cap team, are you listening?)

I know, typical off-season sh-t but, ARob dreams aside, the Hunt possibility is a very interesting one.

If I hold this one up against:

Fournette

Patterson

Chase Edmonds

M Gordon

R Penny

M Mack

James White

As interesting as Penny would be, I'd take Hunt if we could afford him.  Thoughts?

Hunt is a heck of a lot more than a timeshare RB.  

This dude would be a legit potential top 5 RB as a starter.  If we can get him here it would be huge.  His off field stuff was way blown out of proportion too and he has been a model citizen since anyway.

I am all for bringing Hunt here, in fact he would be my number 1 target if he was someone we could truly land.  He is better than every RB on that list in your post, and exceptionally better than most of them.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, filthymcnasty08 said:

Heard this one today on a podcast:  Projected Hunt to the Bills

No guaranteed $ from the Browns, probable cut candidate.  D'ernest Johnson taking his spot. $5M estimated cost.

Great fit for this offense.  Not a big number for a guy that can start/handle 3 downs if need be.  Has shown ability to produce big in a 2 back timeshare as well.

We know what he can do on-field.  We know off-field was ugly a few years ago.  Has kept himself out of any further issues in Cle.  

Also projected Allen Robinson to Buffalo.  (God, and your salary cap team, are you listening?)

I know, typical off-season sh-t but, ARob dreams aside, the Hunt possibility is a very interesting one.

If I hold this one up against:

Fournette

Patterson

Chase Edmonds

M Gordon

R Penny

M Mack

James White

As interesting as Penny would be, I'd take Hunt if we could afford him.  Thoughts?

If coach thinks his troubles are behind him then id take hunt, was a huge fan of Robinson not sure if hes great anymore but i wouldn't hate it.

Also like patter and wouldn't mind Braxton Berrios.

3 hours ago, Rigotz said:

This is the guy you want? 

https://www.tmz.com/videos/0-exjrtvg5/

"Never charged with a crime" ... come on. If you're fine with compromising on character, at least admit it.

Would you still be a fan of the Bills if they did compromise on character? Or is character your reason for being a Bills fan? 

I think most of us would still be fans even if the Bills took poor character players, especially if it was one here or there. 

I personally like Hunt as a player and, until know, hadn’t considered him as option. I know Beane and McDermott value character highly, and I’d trust if they pulled the trigger it would be because they think he is a better person. People can change, it’s a thing. 

However, I would still be a fan of the Bills even if his character remained poor and the Bills picked him up anyway. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

His off field stuff was way blown out of proportion too and he has been a model citizen since anyway.

You make a great point, especially if you think that it is OK for the strongest men on earth to beat up women, You know what I mean "Alpha?" 

Unreal. :( 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.