Kareem Hunt: Cut candidate. Possible 2022 Bill?

filthymcnasty08

27 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

This is the guy you want? 

https://www.tmz.com/videos/0-exjrtvg5/

"Never charged with a crime" ... come on. If you're fine with compromising on character, at least admit it.

I’m good with compromising character if it means winning a SB. If the Bills signing Ray Rice means they’d win a SB….git ‘er done Beane. 

Worked out well for Tyreek Hill and KC

• Disagree 2
  • Dislike 5

9 minutes ago, Gugny said:

He pushed and nudged a girl with his foot?  That's an odd observation.

The Pegulas didn't own the team 30 years ago.  Whatever Jim Kelly did on or off the field has literally nothing to do with the current Bills team/ownership.  It is totally irrelevant.

Did I miss something?  Was there more that happened?

Domestic violence has been mentioned in this thread.  Particularly how some can't bring themselves to support such behavior when they have and do.  It's totally relevant.  Keep that same energy. 

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, Chicken Boo said:

Did I miss something?  Was there more that happened?

Domestic violence has been mentioned in this thread.  Particularly how some can't bring themselves to support such behavior when they have and do.  It's totally relevant.  Keep that same energy. 

Bless your little heart.

I'd be OK with Hunt on a 1-2 year deal. Not exactly a process guy... but he's exactly the type of RB we need. We can't waste any more years of our window because we stay away from all players who aren't choir boys.

Marcus Robinson, on the other hand, makes no sense. He does exactly what Gabe does, only he's 6 years older and would cost 10x as much.

1 hour ago, filthymcnasty08 said:

Heard this one today on a podcast:  Projected Hunt to the Bills

No guaranteed $ from the Browns, probable cut candidate.  D'ernest Johnson taking his spot. $5M estimated cost.

Great fit for this offense.  Not a big number for a guy that can start/handle 3 downs if need be.  Has shown ability to produce big in a 2 back timeshare as well.

We know what he can do on-field.  We know off-field was ugly a few years ago.  Has kept himself out of any further issues in Cle.  

Also projected Allen Robinson to Buffalo.  (God, and your salary cap team, are you listening?)

I know, typical off-season sh-t but, ARob dreams aside, the Hunt possibility is a very interesting one.

If I hold this one up against:

Fournette

Patterson

Chase Edmonds

M Gordon

R Penny

M Mack

James White

As interesting as Penny would be, I'd take Hunt if we could afford him.  Thoughts?

I would love to have Hunt but I also believe Cordarrelle Patterson would also be a great fit.

He would not only be the relief back that shares time with Singletary but he would also replace the Jet sweeps that we used to do with McKenzie.

I see him being able to be an upgrade at both of those situations and he could play as a receiver on certain situations both on the outside and slot.  He was with the Falcons last year for $3M but as good as a year he had, he is going to command a lot more this year.   If the Bills could get him for around $5-$6M a year on a two year, then I'd all be for it.  I just don't think he will be available at that price.

I would love to have either of the two.  

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

I’m good with compromising character if it means winning a SB. If the Bills signing Ray Rice means they’d win a SB….git ‘er done Beane. 

Worked out well for Tyreek Hill and KC

AB is a bad guy and won the SB last year,  Joe Mixon just helped Cinci get there.  Tyreek Hill, etc..  Yep, there are iffy character guys all over but it’s time to win the Bowl here.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

Win at all costs? Pass.  We can win without such desperate personnel gambles. Hunt has been contrite and kept his nose clean.  I am glad his career survived his mistake. However, given that our most famous player from an historical standpoint is a notorious double murderer who practically beheaded his ex-wife, maybe we aren't the best franchise in the league to gamble when it comes to violence against women. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.