AFC Opposition FA move you fear

Ethan in Cleveland

19 hours ago, Rigotz said:

An unlikely, but nightmare scenario would be KC trading future picks for another stud WR, then using their picks and $11M for more O-Line and D-Line.

Just disconnect all the police scanners for other NFL cities that the KC coaching staff has wired up at Arrowhead.

23 hours ago, CSBill said:

I still think Watson will end up in New England. Bill B knows Jones is not going to get it done for him. He won’t sit on his hands hoping something good happens. Yes, D. Watson to NE could very well happen. 

That makes no sense. Otherwise Bill would have acquired a different QB last season. I think BB thinks he can win with any QB that doesn't turn the ball over and makes routine plays consistently 

• Like (+1) 1

The Bengals fixing their o-line. That is their clear flaw. Say they sign Terron Armstead, move Jonah Williams to LG and sign Brandon Scherff. Then draft Tyler Linderbaum. They have the cap space to make that type of thing happen. If they get the o line fixed, they will be a pain for a awhile. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/25/2022 at 11:15 AM, gobills404 said:

The Broncos have a top 5 defense and Rodgers is the best QB in football. If that move happened they could make run at run at the Chiefs for the division.

That is in part why it doesn't matter though. If the Bills don't have any Jacksonville debacles next season and can at least pull out one or two one score games they should be able to run away with the #1 seed. Meanwhile the AFC West will be a dog fight and a couple of good teams in that division could end up as a 6th or 7th seed because of it. Say the Broncos finish as the #3 seed and the Chiefs the #6 seed and Bills #1. 

• Like (+1) 2

On 2/25/2022 at 2:04 PM, Ethan in Portland said:

Thought it might be fun to put out some scenarios that would make AFC more competitive than it already is.

Rodgers to Denver doesn't worry me much.

Russell Wilson to Pittsburgh or Cleveland would really upset the AFC. Adding a top 5 QB to either team would make them legit SB contenders. 

Rodgers to Denver.  That team is loaded except at QB.  It would be one more team in the AFC with an elite QB that could win a SB.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Rodgers to Denver.  That team is loaded except at QB.  It would be one more team in the AFC with an elite QB that could win a SB.

Agreed re: Rodgers, but between legal recreational marijuana and the mile high altitude, we probably could convince them a 're-sign Elway' is their best bet for success.

3 hours ago, Maine-iac said:

Just to try something different I'd say Clowney to the the Chiefs could make a difference.  Spagnola is known for getting after QB's if he had elite pass rushers it would make the Chiefs even harder to beat. 

I so suspect they will get a Clowney or Za'Darius Smith or Danielle Hunter type.

They can save $14M by dumping Frank Clark alone.

3 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I so suspect they will get a Clowney or Za'Darius Smith or Danielle Hunter type.

They can save $14M by dumping Frank Clark alone.

Think of how much we could save dumping Hughes and Addison?  Imagine Clowney on one end and Rousseau on the other.

On 2/26/2022 at 2:27 AM, Tanoros said:

Why does Rodgers to Denver not scare you? Denver is stacked except for QB. Perhaps it’s because Denver plays KC and Chargers? 

I feel like if Rodgers goes to Denver they are Super Bowl contenders easily. 

with a rookie HC ? 

47 minutes ago, ganesh said:

with a rookie HC ? 

We Bills fans know all about Hackett, but yes even with a young coach.

Unless he totally bombs it, that team with Rodgers would be very hard to stop, especially the offense. Judy, Sanders, Hamler, Patrick, and Fant to go with Javonte Williams is a loaded offense. 

last season the defense kept Denver hanging around in games, so their defense would be plenty fine with an elite offense. 

On 2/25/2022 at 2:45 PM, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Chad Kelly leaves Toronto, heads to the LA Chargers as a backup.  Picks up pocket money playing bad guys in crime dramas.

Pretty sure his goal was to break into the adult film industry. 

If Rodgers went to the Titans that would be rough. At least in the AFC West they could beat the he'll out of each other (Rodgers, Mahommes, and Herbert)

• Haha (+1) 1

Relevant to the Bills, I think you going to see an arms race on two fronts:

1) In the division - everyone knows they need to compete with the Bills and specifically Allen. I think the Dolphins have had a playoff caliber roster the last two years and are on the cusp of taking a big step if either Tua makes a leap or they do decide to look elsewhere. The Patriots and Belichik are already in the conversation and will likely be looking at add more weapons for Mac Jones with the idea he's also going to take a big step this year.

2) The rest of AFC - it starts and ends with KC and so far they are already in the process of freeing up tons of cap room to make a big splash and they have already been linked to some of the big name pass rushers on the market (likely the same ones that the Bills will need to make a serious run at if they are serious about competing for a SB). They will also likely be in the FA market for another WR.

Other AFC teams that are a player or two away from making a big leap worth worth noting - Titans, Chargers, Broncos, Browns, Ravens, Colts, Raiders, Steelers

This doesn't even include the AFC champion Bengals who really just need to make even a marginal improvements to their oline to be right back in the SB conversation next year.

Long story short, there is going to be tremendous pressure on Beane and the Bills front office to make the right moves this offseason to stay in the division title picture, let alone the championship conversation.

On 2/25/2022 at 2:15 PM, gobills404 said:

The Broncos have a top 5 defense and Rodgers is the best QB in football. If that move happened they could make run at run at the Chiefs for the division.

You think they would still trade Alden for Chubb? Bahahahha

The Chiefs getting a very good receiver in free agency and/or a stud WR falling to them at end of first down. 

I think they're attitude is to continue loading up on offense and playing just adequate defense. 

I'd also obviously hate to see Miami get a Watson at QB. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.