AFC Opposition FA move you fear

Ethan in Cleveland

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Chad Kelly leaves Toronto, heads to the LA Chargers as a backup.  Picks up pocket money playing bad guys in crime dramas.

And gets a 25 page thread in this forum because, gosh darn it, THIS might be when he finally makes it!

• Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Peterman 

Word.:flirt:

Especially if he returns.

Just now, eball said:

And gets a 25 page thread in this forum because, gosh darn it, THIS might be when he finally makes it!

I see a remake of 'The Defiant Ones', with Chad Kelly and Nate Peterman cast as the leads.

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Honestly, dude hasn't been the same since the Legion of Boom days. There's really a reason they don't Let Russ Cook.

Disagree. He has been the only thing keeping a terrible roster afloat. No losing records with Russ. Russ gets hurt and they sucked badly. 

That isn't too say he isn't past his peak. But my word Seattle have let him down badly since the Superbowl team broke up.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Agree 4

As many have said, I worry the most about Miami making a move to secure an elite QB.  (Rodgers, Wilson, Watson).

Our first concern should be the AFC East.

I actually think it COULD potentially benefit the Bills if one of those QBs goes to the AFC West.

Rodgers vs. Mahomes vs. Herbert would be a dogfight for the division.  More losses means less chance at the #1 seed.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Rigotz said:

An unlikely, but nightmare scenario would be KC trading future picks for another stud WR, then using their picks and $11M for more O-Line and D-Line.

A lot of Bills fans assume the Chiefs are going to mostly stand pat.

They could improve tremendously with another stud WR.

They have needs to address on defense but if they choose to keep their OL together and add weapons then the Bills adding a 1st round CB or an aging pass rusher might not make any difference for the Bills when matched against the Chiefs.

This is why........as a Bills fan.........priority #1 in the offseason is fielding the best offense in the league next season.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

A lot of Bills fans assume the Chiefs are going to mostly stand pat.

They could improve tremendously with another stud WR.

They have needs to address on defense but if they choose to keep their OL together and add weapons then the Bills adding a 1st round CB or an aging pass rusher might not make any difference for the Bills when matched against the Chiefs.

This is why........as a Bills fan.........priority #1 in the offseason is fielding the best offense in the league next season.   

Davante Adams to the Chiefs would really piss me off.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Angry 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Thought it might be fun to put out some scenarios that would make AFC more competitive than it already is.

Rodgers to Denver doesn't worry me much.

Russell Wilson to Pittsburgh or Cleveland would really upset the AFC. Adding a top 5 QB to either team would make them legit SB contenders. 

Very good thread topic. 

1 hour ago, Motor26 said:

Even if someone good gets traded to the phins we are in their heads so much it doesn’t matter. Josh straight up owns them.  Like as much as Tom owned the Bills all those years.

I think you’re  right and losing their HC for no good reason has to bother them as well.

I think they hate Allen like I hate Brady….. That defense was born to stop Allen and he just thrashes them no matter what they do. That’s insane. While Brady totally dominated us and Jerry, Super, Kyle and Darius only got him good that one time ….Oh, how I hated that they couldn’t get him. Even when really tagged him good it was the pass which was a completion I think? Maybe not, but Jerry got him square in the ribs and Brady stunk for like 6-8 weeks after that. There was no press about the hit or the injury, thought he was just slumping but I knew better; Jerry got him good for once….

I don’t think Miami or any team the Bills play will ever have that kind of talent, maybe Pittsburgh with Watt and that awesome DT. Man, they are good. They both play probably better than anyone in our foursome but we had a solid four. I think they underachieved like crazy myself…. They should have been better, more aggressive….Super always taking plays off….Kyle was getting old…IDK? That’s a lot of talent to hardly ever touch Brady….

Glad all that is over with I guess….

JA to the SB or bust!

Go Bills!

8 hours ago, Greg S said:

We have Josh Allen. I fear no other QB and I don't care what team they are on. Brady could go back to the Pats and I wouldn't give a ****.

Funny you bring up Brady.  Do you think him and the Pats would've gotten to and won all those Super Bowls if they had to play a Josh Allen led Bills team twice every season?  No.  They cruised to the division title almost every year ensuring they only had to win two games to get to the Super Bowl.  Usually with home field advantage.  The best QB competition the AFC East fielded during those years was maybe Chad Pennington?  Drew Bledsoe?  

If you want to maximize your chances at multiple Super Bowl's during Allen's prime you're going to need a little luck.  Having three bad to mediocre teams with middling QB's in your division increases the chances of us going to the Super Bowl.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Rigotz said:

An unlikely, but nightmare scenario would be KC trading future picks for another stud WR, then using their picks and $11M for more O-Line and D-Line.

But, they could get Sammy Watkins back again..:)

16 hours ago, CSBill said:

I still think Watson will end up in New England. Bill B knows Jones is not going to get it done for him. He won’t sit on his hands hoping something good happens. Yes, D. Watson to NE could very well happen. 

Jones will get another year....imho.  Maybe even 2.  He did pretty well as a rookie.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.