AFC Opposition FA move you fear

Ethan in Cleveland

3 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Thought it might be fun to put out some scenarios that would make AFC more competitive than it already is.

Rodgers to Denver doesn't worry me much.

Russell Wilson to Pittsburgh or Cleveland would really upset the AFC. Adding a top 5 QB to either team would make them legit SB contenders. 

That move alone is basically a West Domination for the next 4-5 seasons.

Not sure another move comes close to Rodgers in Denver.

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

That move alone is basically a West Domination for the next 4-5 seasons.

Not sure another move comes close to Rodgers in Denver.

Not much impact on the Bills though.  Denver will have to slug it out every year with KC, LA and Vegas, the "weak" one would be Vegas.  KC has Hackett, picks and plenty of $ so who knows as well as owner uncertainty.  Rodgers would be taking a massive gamble there.  I would almost welcome Rodgers to Denver as a Bills fan.

• Agree 3

1 minute ago, gobills404 said:

The Broncos have a top 5 defense and Rodgers is the best QB in football. If that move happened they could make run at run at the Chiefs for the division.

But that would help the Bills IMO. Making the AFC West a gauntlet for Mahomes where he has to get past Herbert x2, Rodgers x2 and where the two "easy" games are against Derek Carr who has already beaten him and is a good Quarterback in his own right helps the Bills. Because I would take our chances against anyone else in the post season. I think the Bills and the Chiefs were two two best teams in football by the end of last year. The real Superbowl took place in the AFC Divisional Round. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 3

Just now, GunnerBill said:

But that would help the Bills IMO. Making the AFC West a gauntlet for Mahomes where he has to get past Herbert x2, Rodgers x2 and where the two "easy" games are against Derek Carr who has already beaten him and is a good Quarterback in his own right helps the Bills. Because I would take our chances against anyone else in the post season. I think the Bills and the Chiefs were two two best teams in football by the end of last year. The real Superbowl took place in the AFC Divisional Round. 

I agree.

29 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Thought it might be fun to put out some scenarios that would make AFC more competitive than it already is.

Russell Wilson to Pittsburgh or Cleveland would really upset the AFC. Adding a top 5 QB to either team would make them legit SB contenders. 

We're still pretending Russ Wilson is a to 5 QB? Cool.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Not much impact on the Bills though.  Denver will have to slug it out every year with KC, LA and Vegas, the "weak" one would be Vegas.  KC has Hackett, picks and plenty of $ so who knows as well as owner uncertainty.  Rodgers would be taking a massive gamble there.  I would almost welcome Rodgers to Denver as a Bills fan.

what’s most concerning … is in a Bills v Broncos matchup with Rodgers…

It’s Leslie Fraizer v Aaron Rodgers

I mean…Aaron Rodgers could go to the HOF alone based on his numbers against Leslie Fraizer Defenses.

but your right … Broncos would have to slug it out against Chiefs and Chargers…not sure that is the worst thing in the world for any of those teams.

You might want to play harder teams that would make you better than skating thru the regular season on cupcake schedules.

6 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

what’s most concerning … is in a Bills v Broncos matchup with Rodgers…

It’s Leslie Fraizer v Aaron Rodgers

I mean…Aaron Rodgers could go to the HOF alone based on his numbers against Leslie Fraizer Defenses.

but your right … Broncos would have to slug it out against Chiefs and Chargers…not sure that is the worst thing in the world for any of those teams.

You might want to play harder teams that would make you better than skating thru the regular season on cupcake schedules.

Plus it will likely cost Denver dearly in terms of Draft picks and $.  Also it looks like a short term fix for Denver, we all obsess about the longevity of Brady but realistically Rodgers might have only a few years left.  Then Denver would have to deal with the never ending drama queen Rodgers.  I would welcome an AFC matchup of Denver+Rodgers versus the Bills.

Edited by RoyBatty is alive
  • Like (+1) 1

Tom Brady going to the Jets…, 

no, not really, 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

42 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Full disclosure:  I am not convinced that either Wilson or Rodgers changes teams this year.  I think with Wilson, he most likely stays in Seattle and the odds of him leaving are slim.  With Rodgers, he obviously has a higher chance to be on the move, but if I had to put odds on it, I would probably say its probably 60-40 he stays in GB right now.  

But lets assume they do both leave...I am not that worried about Rodgers in Denver either, I mean I don't see Denver really as an upgrade for him, and one could argue its a down grade situation, especially given the heavy hitters in his own division with Mahomes and Herbert there.  And I don't fear Rodgers in the post season either.  

Russell would be more concerning in Pitt than Cle IMHO, I just don't think he makes the same impact in Cle given their receiving options are underwhelming and they are run first team.  But even if he landed in Pitt, I don't know he brings much more to the table than what Big Ben was doing for several years prior to his 2019 injury that cost him most the season.  And Pitt arguably had a better roster back then with prime Antonio Brown and stuff too, but still weren't a SB team.  While Wilson is still a very good QB, I don't see him in that top tier which he was in for a while.  

The guy I am MOST worried about is Watson.  He is IMHO is legitimately in the same tier as Mahomes and Allen.  Rodgers is obviously elite, but he wont be around as long.  If Watson lands with an AFC foe, he will be trouble for a long time along side the other young AFC stud QB's like Mahomes, Herbert, possibly Burrow (he isn't on their level yet).  

And I expect Watson to be back this year on the field.  

Not to detail my own thread, but really curious why people don't feel Wilson is a top 5 QB? He was hurt, had no running game, and a terrible oline last year.

I would put Allen, Mahommes, Rodgers, and Herbert ahead of him. I would take Wilson over Burrow, Dak, Tannyhill, Stafford, Murray, Ryan, Jackson, Carr, or anyone else. I can see an argument for Burrow but really can't see how Wilson would be ranked behind any other QBs in the league.

12 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Full disclosure:  I am not convinced that either Wilson or Rodgers changes teams this year.  I think with Wilson, he most likely stays in Seattle and the odds of him leaving are slim.  With Rodgers, he obviously has a higher chance to be on the move, but if I had to put odds on it, I would probably say its probably 60-40 he stays in GB right now.  

But lets assume they do both leave...I am not that worried about Rodgers in Denver either, I mean I don't see Denver really as an upgrade for him, and one could argue its a down grade situation, especially given the heavy hitters in his own division with Mahomes and Herbert there.  And I don't fear Rodgers in the post season either.  

Russell would be more concerning in Pitt than Cle IMHO, I just don't think he makes the same impact in Cle given their receiving options are underwhelming and they are run first team.  But even if he landed in Pitt, I don't know he brings much more to the table than what Big Ben was doing for several years prior to his 2019 injury that cost him most the season.  And Pitt arguably had a better roster back then with prime Antonio Brown and stuff too, but still weren't a SB team.  While Wilson is still a very good QB, I don't see him in that top tier which he was in for a while.  

The guy I am MOST worried about is Watson.  He is IMHO is legitimately in the same tier as Mahomes and Allen.  Rodgers is obviously elite, but he wont be around as long.  If Watson lands with an AFC foe, he will be trouble for a long time along side the other young AFC stud QB's like Mahomes, Herbert, possibly Burrow (he isn't on their level yet).  

And I expect Watson to be back this year on the field.  

Cleveland's defense and run game can be elite. The same situation Wilson had early in Seattle. I agree they need to add a WR that can get deep but they really are only good QB play away from being an AFC conference game contender. 

Pittsburgh has a few more holes than Cleveland but they have elite players at all three levels of the defense and a great RB. If they bring back Juju and fix the oline they will be a very tough team if they had a competent QB. Roethlisberger was terrible for the last 25 games of his career. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.