PFF ranks Milano best in pass coverage

BuffaloBill

28 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

I don’t remember reading anything about Milano sucking. Now Edmunds on the other hand… 

5 minutes ago, Malazan said:

The only thing I remember is concern over the injuries. 

There was a lot of “whataboutism.” The folks who weren’t satisfied by Edmunds play and critiqued his game, were met by Edmunds apologists who claimed Milano was either worse, or had just as many problems. I think you can find it in the “should Edmunds be re-signed?” thread.

7 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

There was a lot of “whataboutism.” The folks who weren’t satisfied by Edmunds play and critiqued his game, were met by Edmunds apologists who claimed Milano was either worse, or had just as many problems. I think you can find it in the “should Edmunds be re-signed?” thread.

Wow!! Lol, I can't and will not even remotely take anyone serious that would make such a statement regarding Milano. The one(s) that said that either don't know much about what they're talking about, or expect WAYYY to much from him to the point it's ridiculous, or just want to complain about something.

Lol, it's very clear what Milano brings to the table

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It’s been said, I promise.  Mostly around when he was a FA last year

I could not expect to have a rational conversation with anyone that would say that and seriously mean it

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

According to the scouting collective of @MAJBobby and @Over 29 years of fanhood Edmunds is better than Milano.

Don't bother sending those job applications to PFF fella's.

I've seen A LOT of contrived excuses for players who fail to produce since this board was created..........but the Edmunds one.........is probably the longest of it's sort.  

"But, but Edmunds has to defend TWO gaps in run defense."   Oy vey.    Nearly every team is base nickel now.   You can make plays in your situation or you cannot.

MAJBobby will not be pleased by this breaking story.

1 hour ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Yup I know right....I couldn't believe what I was watching and still don't know what the ***** they were thinking 

🤬

Sometimes you have a brain fart and sometimes your brain simply detonates. 

4 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

MAJBobby will not be pleased by this breaking story.

Sometimes you have a brain fart and sometimes your brain simply detonates. 

Yeah I get it....but it was one hell of a time to have one of them especially with a scenario that you'd think only took common sense lol

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

According to the scouting collective of @MAJBobby and @Over 29 years of fanhood Edmunds is better than Milano.

Don't bother sending those job applications to PFF fella's.

I've seen A LOT of contrived excuses for players who fail to produce since this board was created..........but the Edmunds one.........is probably the longest of it's sort.  

"But, but Edmunds has to defend TWO gaps in run defense."   Oy vey.    Nearly every team is base nickel now.   You can make plays in your situation or you cannot.

Just cant resist can you......

• Awesome! (+1) 1

When I watch him play I see a very good LB with exceptional coverage skills, I don’t see much value in these rankings other than discussion topics.

Remember before the Internet ? Waiting for all the preseason magazines to come out with the player bio’s . Now there’s so much information it often overshadows what we actually see with our own eyes on game days.

15 minutes ago, julian said:

When I watch him play I see a very good LB with exceptional coverage skills, I don’t see much value in these rankings other than discussion topics.

Remember before the Internet ? Waiting for all the preseason magazines to come out with the player bio’s . Now there’s so much information it often overshadows what we actually see with our own eyes on game days.

I'm not married to analytics, but I can't ignore it either. PFF (if you're into their formulas) says:

Milano's overall grade 69.7 and Edmunds is 50.4. And if I was to use common sense and what I see game in game out, these numbers might be somewhat accurate. There's no way Tremaine is worth nearly 13M. I don't care what they ask of him.

4 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Don't forget, Edmunds is still only 17 years old. One of these years, he's really going to show us a whole new level...

Edited by 947
  • Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I'm not married to analytics, but I can't ignore it either. PFF (if you're into their formulas) says:

Milano's overall grade 69.7 and Edmunds is 50.4. And if I was to use common sense and what I see game in game out, these numbers might be somewhat accurate. There's no way Tremaine is worth nearly 13M. I don't care what they ask of him.

Yeah I tend to agree with you on Edmunds, I just worry that he’s a bigger contributor to the over excellent pass defense than he’s given credit for and once removed we may see a considerable difference. 

But yeah if Bean can find a replacement I’m down with it. I can see a franchise tag coming his way though

2 minutes ago, julian said:

Yeah I tend to agree with you on Edmunds, I just worry that he’s a bigger contributor to the over excellent pass defense than he’s given credit for and once removed we may see a considerable difference. 

But yeah if Bean can find a replacement I’m down with it. I can see a franchise tag coming his way though

I think we’ll see a considerable difference in our pass defense whenever the level of QBs we face goes up - with or without Tremaine.

Edited by JayBaller10

5 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

I think we’ll see a considerable difference in our pass defense whenever the level of QBs we face goes up - with or without Tremaine.

I agree, but in fairness the pass defense has been at or near the top of the league since Edmunds has been inserted into the starting lineup and I’m sure over the last several seasons they’ve played some excellent QBs

that being said, I trust McDermott to get the defense right with or without Edmunds 

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

All that clapping finally took its toll.

Lol, yeah not sure what the way of thinking was and why, I may have missed it if this was talked about and confirmed.....but was it McD or Frazier that made the defensive calls on those 2 plays with 13 seconds left? Although either way both are at fault anyways because the one that called it should have been noticed by the other and corrected.

But still was curious....

5 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

In terms of highly drafted players, I guess so. Whitner was a close second. Some even still defend taking him at #8.

As for players drafted in lower rounds, Ostroski was defended for years and he was just awful. But the 2 horror show players that stick out to me as being defended on this board were Demetrius Bell and Brad Butler. 

Bell probably weighed in at 270 or so and folks would say that he was "agile." Of course he was. He was 30 pounds or so too light and would get knocked on his ass on 1/2 of the plays. Butler looked semi-decent at one point but after his first (of many) injury he was garbage. I saw a post not so long ago which said that he was a good player. 🙄

I am so very glad that people like Ralph and Levy do not own/run this team. I thought we would win the Super Bowl this year. I think that we will win it next season if Josh stays healthy and they don't screw up the draft.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like (+1) 1

The guy played safety so it's not totally surprising.  Although I wish we had an enforcer at safety to make up for having only one LB with any size on the field.  There are safeties bigger than Milano and he does fine for his size but outside of Edmunds in most situations we essentially have 6 DBs on the field and Poyer and Hyde are great in coverage but not exactly extra man in the box type safeties.

45 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

McD blamed execution.😅

Lol, yeah I saw that, but was curious to know who actually was the one that made that type of play call in that particular point in the game with 13 seconds left?

It probably was Frazier I'm assuming but considering the circumstances with the level of importance for that particular moment in the game, wasn't sure if McD might have stepped in for those last 2 Defensive plays or not.

But as I said, you'd think the one who did not call those last 2 defensive plays would have corrected the one that did or at least try to. I don't know, just seems to me that it was a very simple, common sense that even a regular fan with average knowledge of the game or maybe even a little less than average knowledge would easily know not to do that....

Anyway, whatever....it's over and done with now so....

Edited by Sheneneh Jenkins

7 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

Milano ranked top LB in coverage

I know PFF is a lightening rod source for many around here, understandably so.  The linked article points to PFF grading Mat Milano as last season’s best coverage LB.

Thoughts?

His stats back it up, he allowed like 52% completion. Most LBs are high 60s low 70s

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.