Per Andrew Marchand (New York Post) Troy Aikman is ESPN bound for MNF

Greg S

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

It seems to me like networks are wasting money. No one watches football games for the play by play crew. 

I can tell you that if the Manning Bros., were on, that I did NOT watch the games on ESPN.  That crew is horrendous - especially Levy.

• Like (+1) 2

Aikman and Buck rank near the bottom of my play by play crews. Most times I don’t know if they’re calling a football game, or providing commentary for someone painting a fence. Give me a color man who gets excited for plays, someone in the mold of Gus Johnson or Kevin Harlan. On a positive note, at least this gets the biased Collingsworth out of there.

EDIT: Cris calls SNF not MNF, my fault.

Edited by JayBaller10
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JayBaller10 said:

Aikman and Buck rank near the bottom of my play by play crews. Most times I don’t know if they’re calling a football game, or providing commentary for someone painting a fence. Give me a color man who gets excited for plays, someone in the mold of Gus Johnson or Kevin Harlan. On a positive note, at least this gets the biased Collingsworth out of there.

What does Aikman going to ESPN have to do with Collingsworth on NBC?

1 minute ago, Process said:

Sean mcvay would be crazy to continue coaching. The guy could make 3x the money announcing, for 5% of the work/stress.

Just like Cowher. You can tell how much he enjoys working the pre and post game show for CBS. Get paid millions to show up in studio to talk/watch football all day. Then he has the whole offseason off. 

What a shame - Aikman and Buck are terminally boring. I stopped watching the World Series years ago because Joe Buck and Tim McCarver are so lame. I can't understand why MNF, or the NFL for that matter, would want these two stiffs to anchor their flagship program. I don't love Chris Collinsworth's personality, but at least he has one. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I actually turned the volume off for the Bills-Chiefs game as I was getting sick to my stomach listening to Nance / Romo.  I was doing the PxP in my head.  The only saving grace for Romo is that he will be an analyst and contribute to the broadcast.  Aikman - just blah blah blah - nothing of substance.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.