Siran Neal signs 3 year deal

BillsMafi$

• 3 months later...
On 3/3/2022 at 8:30 AM, Buffalo_Stampede said:

About right for 3 players in 1. Backup CB, S, gunner. All positions that would need to be filled without Neal.

I think the real answer is there are only 22 starters so 18th for the backup nickel/safety isnt crazy slotting

• Like (+1) 1

Curious if Buffalo gets creative with personal if Tre White starts the season on the PUP list.  Using Neal or Johnson outside.  Sit Jackson or Elam based off match up and scheme situationally.  Last few off season Neal is this Swiss army knife and gets lost in the sauce come regular season.  I think not having Tre is a time to experiment with some different looks.  Last year even with how great the defense was statistically, I feel they were a bit predictable.  Using a player like Neal it gives the defense more options. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mat68 said:

Curious if Buffalo gets creative with personal if Tre White starts the season on the PUP list.  Using Neal or Johnson outside.  Sit Jackson or Elam based off match up and scheme situationally.  Last few off season Neal is this Swiss army knife and gets lost in the sauce come regular season.  I think not having Tre is a time to experiment with some different looks.  Last year even with how great the defense was statistically, I feel they were a bit predictable.  Using a player like Neal it gives the defense more options. 

yes I have considered the same cuz Tre. But it might be smart football when your backups area also very good with perhaps slightly different skills sets. Wallace is gone and Tre might be lagging. Very interested to see what Frazier and McD have schemed up  to start the season.
Versatility has been the trademark McBeanes prefer. The stronger depth you have mean the more looks you can bring or check into.

I vote yes for Siran Neal!  and not just for the Steak Hoagie

not sure why some of you get fussed up about the money. we don't balance the budget at 1 Bills drive  lol
Have enough trouble with my own 

27 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

yes I have considered the same cuz Tre. But it might be smart football when your backups area also very good with perhaps slightly different skills sets. Wallace is gone and Tre might be lagging. Very interested to see what Frazier and McD have schemed up  to start the season.
Versatility has been the trademark McBeanes prefer. The stronger depth you have mean the more looks you can bring or check into.

I vote yes for Siran Neal!  and not just for the Steak Hoagie

not sure why some of you get fussed up about the money. we don't balance the budget at 1 Bills drive  lol
Have enough trouble with my own 

He is also paid as like a leader on teams.  Much rather Neal grow into that role than having to roster teams only players.  Having guys that are good to great on teams that can function on offense or defense improves depth the most on game day.

Just now, Mat68 said:

He is also paid as like a leader on teams.  Much rather Neal grow into that role than having to roster teams only players.  Having guys that are good to great on teams that can function on offense or defense improves depth the most on game day.

Yep ! Glad they contracted him at reasonable value to both parties .

1 hour ago, Mat68 said:

Agreed.  This D was soft for most of the year.  Even against the Patriots in the playoffs, i saw this team keeping good chunk plays in both the Run and the pass.  And of course against the Chiefs, they gave up 40+ points.    Our D is going to define our season with the expected offensive production

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, ganesh said:

Agreed.  This D was soft for most of the year.  Even against the Patriots in the playoffs, i saw this team keeping good chunk plays in both the Run and the pass.  And of course against the Chiefs, they gave up 40+ points.    Our D is going to define our season with the expected offensive production

They need to be more aggressive.  Long, slow, drives helps the opponent.  A little more aggression helps the team.  Play more conservative defense early and with a lead.  The actual teeth of the game, more run blitz and more aggression.  

22 minutes ago, ganesh said:

You reach a conclusion like this when you let your eyes and your emotions make the judgments.  

The reality is that every team gives up good chunk plays every game.   The idea that you can hold teams under 10 yards every play is simply a fantasy.   In the modern NFL, with the rules as they are, there are going to be multiple times, a dozen or more, when the offense is just going to be in the right play against the defense called, and there's nothing to be done about it.  

The Bills had the best yardage defense in the league.  It doesn't make sense to expect the defense now to shut down the chunk plays they gave up last season.   I mean, it would be nice to have the greatest defense of all time, but it's not reasonable to expect it. 

• Like (+1) 3

On 3/3/2022 at 11:30 AM, Buffalo_Stampede said:

About right for 3 players in 1. Backup CB, S, gunner. All positions that would need to be filled without Neal.

Yep, he is about what a good utility outfielder is in baseball to the Bills.

Poyer is still unsettled. Both Poyer and Hyde are over 30, he subs in Nickel packages and is a ST starter.

No problem with this extension.

19 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Been to a Soul Food restaurant in that area when I lived in Buffalo and studied at UB but not that one.

I do not think it was even a restaurant when I was there.  This property was bought in 2017.

And no catfish cooking in video although I know they sell it.

Like chicken wings price or catfish has been going up a lot recently.

He should have included more info on restaurant.

https://www.parkvuesoulfood.com/

34 S Crossman St, Buffalo, NY 14211

• 2 months later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.