Siran Neal signs 3 year deal

BillsMafi$

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

He should be more involved. Isaiah McKenzie says he’s the fastest guy oh the team.

Yeah the "highest paid STer" is a bit of a misnomer - as you mentioned he was involved in the D esp certain game plans - good to see they might be finding a bigger role for him.  That being said, he was also extremely valuable on STs - from my viewpoint he made a lot more positive plays than Jones 

• Like (+1) 2

This message is terrible lately. Neal is a core special teams player. He'll probably be special teams captain this year.

51 minutes ago, ytownblofan said:

Good signing. Tough to find a better gunner out there. I would also be willing to bet his cap hit is nowhere near the 3.6MM. Guessing the 10.9MM maximum value also includes all of the not likely to be earned incentives

Exactly. 

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, NewEra said:

A contract like what?  You have no idea what the contract entails except 3 years and the max amount after incentives..….and you’re going to compare it to something?  Cmon Dr.  Do better

I think all posters on this forum should strive to become the best versions of themselves...

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I'd feel worse about spending money on a special teamer if the cupboard wasn't completely bare in terms of DB depth behind our starters. 

I never want Neal to start a game, but I can certainly think of worse things that signing a guy who you've brought up through your system as a known quantity at what appears to be a very reasonable veteran depth deal. I feel better about this than I do Mario Addison or AJ Klein.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Puke. Another overpay for a guy that plays mostly special teams. Any UDFA can do what he does. He is a decent player that can get a contract like that when you don't have superstars to pay. Beane is not evolving. 

It won’t be even close to an overpay as the cap goes skyrocketing. Better get used to seeing much bigger annualized numbers on every position including ST. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, eball said:

Gotta get the papers, get the papers...

Don't blame him!

I've noticed a glitch here on the site and you write post, hit submit, and nothing happens, so hit submit again and maybe a 3rd or 4th time only to see you now have 3 or 4 identical posts.  Doesn't happen often, but maybe once a month or so.

• Agree 2

I don’t have a problem with the signing but at what point does Beane tell his coaches that they gotta coach up the young guys so we have the money for a guy or guys who can get us over hump?  Other teams seem to make tough decisions with their own guys so they can bring in upgrades.  Bills seem to never let anybody go.  

• Agree 1

Just now, BubbaT said:

It won’t be even close to an overpay as the cap goes skyrocketing. Better get used to seeing much bigger annualized numbers on every position including ST. 

I think 10 mil over 3 years for his services is fine. I thought the same thing too though about paying the "role players." He is making the tackle, cleaning it up, or the next closest guy on seemingly every special teams play. Brings big time energy and isn't scared to make the pads click clack. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BuffaloRebound said:

I don’t have a problem with the signing but at what point does Beane tell his coaches that they gotta coach up the young guys so we have the money for a guy or guys who can get us over hump?  Other teams seem to make tough decisions with their own guys so they can bring in upgrades.  Bills seem to never let anybody go.  

Imagine reading this paragraph in like 2015

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.