Article - Six free agents Buffalo should target

BillsFan619

15 hours ago, TBBills said:

No they dont... they don't need a vet QB don't know where you thought that up.

Locker room doesn't matter since Josh is the QB.

If we go into the season with a day 3 qb backing Josh up the whole locker room will have a problem because of the chance they would be taking. We saw this year how a game or two mattered at the end of the year and to not have a qb capable of winning games would be a huge issue. We don't play for draft position or to get a young player experience anymore, we play for championships now.

• Disagree 1

I'm not a fan of most of these picks for us at all, Fitzpatrick is 39 years old and coming off a season ending injury. RB Marlon Mack would be the first in a long time to come back from as severe of an injury as he had and seems like a big waste of money imo. I don't get the love for Braxton Berrios, can someone explain it to me? Is it because he's a small white slot wr, so we think he'll be the next Wes Welker or Julian Edelman? I don't mind Austin Corbett but I think he's going to get paid alot more than what you or Sportrac have listed. Emmanuel Ogbah should be #1 on this list for sure, this guy could be that [pass rusher we desperately need while the kids are getting their feet wet. I'm really not sure who that CB they listed is so I can't judge 1 way or another but I hope they stray far from this list.

7 hours ago, 4BillsintheBurgh said:

If we go into the season with a day 3 qb backing Josh up the whole locker room will have a problem because of the chance they would be taking. We saw this year how a game or two mattered at the end of the year and to not have a qb capable of winning games would be a huge issue. We don't play for draft position or to get a young player experience anymore, we play for championships now.

The lockerroom isn't these forums. They won't care unlike the people here. 

I love the delusional ***** people make up.

So funny people forget they had Peterman and Josh as the 2 QBs on the roster and the lockeroom didn't fall apart. 

Edited by TBBills

9 hours ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

I'm not a fan of most of these picks for us at all, Fitzpatrick is 39 years old and coming off a season ending injury. RB Marlon Mack would be the first in a long time to come back from as severe of an injury as he had and seems like a big waste of money imo. I don't get the love for Braxton Berrios, can someone explain it to me? Is it because he's a small white slot wr, so we think he'll be the next Wes Welker or Julian Edelman? I don't mind Austin Corbett but I think he's going to get paid alot more than what you or Sportrac have listed. Emmanuel Ogbah should be #1 on this list for sure, this guy could be that [pass rusher we desperately need while the kids are getting their feet wet. I'm really not sure who that CB they listed is so I can't judge 1 way or another but I hope they stray far from this list.

Fitz and Mack would have to be league min type deals for me.  * Maybe* they could handle $2M-$3M for Fitz but not $5M,   let alone his $9M figure last year.

Berrios isn't as good as 2020 ceiling season Cole Beasley in the slot and may never be...........but he was better in 2021 than the banged up,  slowing Beasley.    And he lead the NFL in KOR average(30 yards per) and finished second in punt return average (13.4) for players with over 10 punt returns.    He's basically a 2-for-1 player........your #1 slot and your elite return man.    That said..........that isn't worth the $7.5M deal that Beane gave Beasley.    I put Berrios in around $5M and I don't think that will get it done but remember they were paying about $10M aav  combined for Beasley and Roberts to fill BOTH positions at a high level in 2019-2020 seasons

• Like (+1) 1

I don't see this team getting all these guys but I do like the idea of Corbett, Barrios and Mack on a minimum kick the tires deal. It's a nice list but I don't see Ogbah as realistic and I also don't see Fitz as realistic either as I think he gets top dollar backup money and this team will try again to go with a reclamation project at backup QB similar to Mitch. Hell if Mitch doesn't see a situation he likes I can see him taking another year in Buffalo to keep rehabbing his value. 

On 2/25/2022 at 9:54 AM, billsfan89 said:

I don't see this team getting all these guys but I do like the idea of Corbett, Barrios and Mack on a minimum kick the tires deal. It's a nice list but I don't see Ogbah as realistic and I also don't see Fitz as realistic either as I think he gets top dollar backup money and this team will try again to go with a reclamation project at backup QB similar to Mitch. Hell if Mitch doesn't see a situation he likes I can see him taking another year in Buffalo to keep rehabbing his value. 

26 yr old Berrios who basically led the NFL in returns. And he could get separation in the slot. If you could get him on a 3/16 deal, I'd do it immediately. We're not guaranteed keeping Beasley,  McKenzie  or Sanders. 

If Ogbah wants 15.5, I'd rather pay Chandler Jones 17.  Corbett could be had for maybe 9/yr?

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/22/2022 at 10:03 PM, Sierra Foothills said:

For those who can't get behind the paywall:

1) Ryan Fitzpatrick QB

2) Marlon Mack RB

3) Braxton Berrios WR

4) Austin Corbett G

5) Emmanuel Ogbah Edge

6) Charvarius Ward CB

Enough with Ryan Fitzpatrick.  His presence on rosters has replaced the Madden cover for bad Juju.

On 2/25/2022 at 4:23 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

Fitz and Mack would have to be league min type deals for me.  * Maybe* they could handle $2M-$3M for Fitz but not $5M,   let alone his $9M figure last year.

Berrios isn't as good as 2020 ceiling season Cole Beasley in the slot and may never be...........but he was better in 2021 than the banged up,  slowing Beasley.    And he lead the NFL in KOR average(30 yards per) and finished second in punt return average (13.4) for players with over 10 punt returns.    He's basically a 2-for-1 player........your #1 slot and your elite return man.    That said..........that isn't worth the $7.5M deal that Beane gave Beasley.    I put Berrios in around $5M and I don't think that will get it done but remember they were paying about $10M aav  combined for Beasley and Roberts to fill BOTH positions at a high level in 2019-2020 seasons

At $7.5million, Berrios could represent good value due to his additional return abilities. As the team was constructed last year, he's more like a 3 for 1, as we often had different returners for punts and kickoffs, and you know our FO loves 'vesatility'. ;)

On 2/23/2022 at 8:26 PM, TBBills said:

How is Fitz even on the list? The Bills don't have enough money to pay for a vet QB let alone one that is horribly cursed.  I hate when they throw names out there just for the sake of filling g up an article.

IMO they're talking about if he takes a major discount for the enjoyment of a Super Bowl run. You're right they can't afford him if he demands anywhere near his market value.

On 2/25/2022 at 8:52 PM, TBBills said:

The lockerroom isn't these forums. They won't care unlike the people here. 

I love the delusional ***** people make up.

So funny people forget they had Peterman and Josh as the 2 QBs on the roster and the lockeroom didn't fall apart. 

Agreed the locker room wouldn't fall apart.

But having no valid backup who can at least manage a game is taking a major risk if Allen is out a few games, or more than a few. If he's out for the year we don't have a real shot regardless, but if he missed, say, eight games, the difference between the four to six that Fitz would have a real shot at getting and the one or two a late-round rookie might get if he was lucky could be the difference in making the playoffs and important in seeding.

5 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Agreed the locker room wouldn't fall apart.

But having no valid backup who can at least manage a game is taking a major risk if Allen is out a few games, or more than a few. If he's out for the year we don't have a real shot regardless, but if he missed, say, eight games, the difference between the four to six that Fitz would have a real shot at getting and the one or two a late-round rookie might get if he was lucky could be the difference in making the playoffs and important in seeding.

If he is out for more then a few games the team is screwed anyway, the whole team is basically Josh Allen. Also Fitz has the same chance as a rookie only difference  is the rookie might actually do better b.c he is unknown. 

Edited by TBBills

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.