3) Braxton Berrios WR

4) Austin Corbett G

5) Emmanuel Ogbah Edge

6) Charvarius Ward CB

1) I would love it

2) I’d much prefer a RB who is a better receiver 

3) Not a good separator. Hard pass

4) Not a good fit unless we expect to run a ton of wide zone

5) I’m not sure what he’d bring to the table that we don’t already have. I would not spend our limited cap space on him.  Go big or go home at DE

6) Would be an excellent signing.  If we are going to spend money on someone in FA he’d be an excellent choice.  CBs that can play man are expensive though and his price tag might really get up there.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Expensive list right there.

I would be up for an expensive guard. Just not Corbett unless we are moving to a zone blocking scheme. He was a 2nd round bust in Cleveland because at the time they were mainly a gap scheme. They traded him to the Rams who zone blocked and he has been very solid for them. The irony is in the meantime the Browns switched to zone blocking but oh well. 

• Agree 4

54 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

You need a back up QB that can run the same offense that Allen runs.  That is a major reason why the didn't bring back Barkley and will not be signing Fitz.

Mariota would top the list and then a guy like Taylor would be second.

You think Mariota or Taylor can run the offense Josh runs? Seriously? That is a bizarre take. Yes you could run the QB run stuff with them, but that is like 4 or 5 snaps a game. What about the 35 or 40 pass plays? Fitz actually is much more of a fit than either of those guys in an offense heavy on E-P concepts. It isn't that dissimilar to what he ran here last time with Chan's spread. 

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

No to fitz bc of the curse. Don’t get marlon Mack tbh. I really don’t understand the berrios love. I think he sucks. I’d be ok with Corbett and maybe ogbah. Who cares about the last guy on the list 

Agree on Fitz lol. As much as I think he is a capable backup, he ends up starting every place he goes because of injury. I would scared to death for Allen if the Bills signed him

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Sierra Foothills said:

For those who can't get behind the paywall:

1) Ryan Fitzpatrick QB

2) Marlon Mack RB

3) Braxton Berrios WR

4) Austin Corbett G

5) Emmanuel Ogbah Edge

6) Charvarius Ward CB

Thank you. I was just about to post this list myself, but now I don't need to.

2 hours ago, uticaclub said:

AP came back from an Achilles but he was AP

Yep, he and Willis McGahee were the first to come to mind for me.

34 minutes ago, chongli said:

Thank you. I was just about to post this list myself, but now I don't need to.

Yep, he and Willis McGahee were the first to come to mind for me.

I don't see an Achilles in the list. Maybe you are confusing Achilles (back of ankle) with ACL (knee)?  https://www.draftsharks.com/fantasy/injury-history/adrian-peterson/2460

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, uticaclub said:

AP came back from an Achilles but he was AP

AP never tore his achilles. To date, the biggest post-achilles success story is D'Onta Foreman with 133 carries for 566 yards & 3 TDs in 2021.

Here's the list of all NFL RBs from 2000-2020 who've torn their achilles, and how fast they were out of the league:

image.thumb.png.a26e8b28bb076099e75838d8676d7266.png

Now we also have Cam Akers. He has not looked great, but I guess has the best chance to be the first to have a post-achilles career. I just wouldn't bet on anyone doing it.

Edited by 947
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, fergie's ire said:

I don't see an Achilles in the list. Maybe you are confusing Achilles (back of ankle) with ACL (knee)?  https://www.draftsharks.com/fantasy/injury-history/adrian-peterson/2460

8 minutes ago, 947 said:

AP never tore his achilles. To date, the biggest post-achilles success story is D'Onta Foreman with 133 carries for 566 yards & 3 TDs in 2021.

Here's the list of all NFL RBs from 2000-2020 who've torn their achilles, and how fast they were out of the league:

image.thumb.png.a26e8b28bb076099e75838d8676d7266.png

Now we also have Cam Akers. He has not looked great, but I guess has the best chance to be the first to have a post-achilles career. I just wouldn't bet on anyone doing it.

Yep, thank you both. Obviously, I need to learn that an Achilles is not the same as an ACL. Anatomy class for me.

Edited by chongli

8 hours ago, Sierra Foothills said:

For those who can't get behind the paywall:

1) Ryan Fitzpatrick QB

2) Marlon Mack RB

3) Braxton Berrios WR

4) Austin Corbett G

5) Emmanuel Ogbah Edge

6) Charvarius Ward CB

A good thing about grabbing Ward is that he creates a hole for KC.

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

You think Mariota or Taylor can run the offense Josh runs? Seriously? That is a bizarre take. Yes you could run the QB run stuff with them, but that is like 4 or 5 snaps a game. What about the 35 or 40 pass plays? Fitz actually is much more of a fit than either of those guys in an offense heavy on E-P concepts. It isn't that dissimilar to what he ran here last time with Chan's spread. 

Am I living in a bizarro world?!  You really think Fitz runs a comparable offense to Allen?!  What!!!

Yes, Mariota and Taylor are very well versed in RPO offense and Taylor is very strong on play action, much like Josh.

Fitz is all about anticipation, Allen is far from that.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Fitz is all about anticipation, Allen is far from that.

I would’ve said this was true in Allen’s first two years. He often waited to see the receiver come open before letting the ball go. These last two years he has absolutely been an anticipatory thrower. He throws well before receivers are out of their break and some of his INTs have come because he and the receiver weren’t on the same page (meaning Allen didn’t wait for the receiver to come open, he threw it to where he thought he would be). Not coincidentally, his production jumped when the anticipatory throws became more routine. I’m sure much of that had to do with his trust in Diggs.

36 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Fitz for league minimum.

Berrios for 2 years $10M total. (Berrios agent is reportedly asking $9M per year from Jets)

Absolutely on Fitz.

I just don't like Berrios' game.  Would much rather get WR fortification in the draft (or spend some real $$ on Kirk).

Edit:  or trade for Metcalf

Edited by eball

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.