JC Jackson not happy with Pats approach to him as a FA

YoloinOhio

5 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I am surprised that this is news to him. The patriots aren’t overpaying for a CB. They have shown that many times before. 

i don’t know what they do in NE, but they can draft CB’s and olinemen anywhere in the draft and coach them up into solid players. Even Jackson was an undrafted player himself. 

They paid Gilmore

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 9

11 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I am surprised that this is news to him. The patriots aren’t overpaying for a CB. They have shown that many times before. 

i don’t know what they do in NE, but they can draft CB’s and olinemen anywhere in the draft and coach them up into solid players. Even Jackson was an undrafted player himself. 

They paid for Gilmore

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

He is going to get top dollar. I don't think we can afford him.

But if I was him, I would not want to be in NE. They left him off the pro bowl ballot his first break out season, and he has to face the Bills twice a year...

7 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

His market cap is $21 mil. Per.

we can’t afford that one even if we cut all the usuals.  We’ll need a CB in the draft.

I don’t want him, but the Pats might let him walk which creates a huge hole for them

1 minute ago, Victory Formation said:

Well, I hate to say it, but this draft is completely loaded with great corners to the point of complete overkill. I see guys even in the 3rd to 4th round that could potentially start. 

So we replacing Levi on Day 3?

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

So we replacing Levi on Day 3?

I think it’s possible that we not only replace Levi, but we upgrade RCB in RD3 or RD4. 

I would love to see Marcus Jones in the 3rd round. Yes, he’s undersized but he’s fast and explosive and he is a very willing tackler. He’s the kind of guy you want shadowing the fast/twitchy types of receivers in the NFL. He’s a nasty KR/PR as well. Almost reminds me of one of the Bills All-Time greats Terrence McGee.

I’d probably put Alontae Taylor right behind Jones, he should be there in the 3rd-4th as well.

2 hours ago, MJS said:

He is going to get top dollar. I don't think we can afford him.

But if I was him, I would not want to be in NE. They left him off the pro bowl ballot his first break out season, and he has to face the Bills twice a year...

He's not getting 17M from us. Besides I think we either go CB or WR at 25. And it wouldn't shock me to see us draft another CB in later rounds.

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.