Daniel Jeremiah Mock Draft 2.0 - Bills take Treylon Burks: 3.0 - Bills take Breece Hall

YoloinOhio

31 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

With as dire as the Bills needs at CB and OG are, and considering how much they could use some dynamic young WRs, and given how good Singletary looked in the last quarter of the season once given the reins….

I find it hard to imagine that Beane would use the 25th pick on a running back, especially one who offers no more breakaway speed than the guys currently on our roster.

• Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

We have a top 5 WR in Diggs, a top 5 TE in Knox and we also now have Howard… good WRs in Davis, McKenzie and now Crowder… adding another top WR in the 1st is overkill and a luxury pick.  Our RBs are small and slow…Josh Allen is our best running threat.  Singletary ranks as the 25th to 31st best starting RB  in most polls.  An impact RB with speed, size, blocking and receiving ability makes our offense as a whole dangerous.  It makes the WRs better because of the impact and presence he would bring to this offense. I agree CB is a must also…McDuffie would be a steal at pick 25 if he were there. But Breece Hall would make an immediate impact in this offense in many ways. 

• Disagree 2
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Not with a hole at CB2 and Tre coming off an ACL. If he (or Kenneth Walker) were there in the 2nd, I'd give serious thought to pulling the trigger. But that's only if Ryan Bates re-signs. If he doesn't, we not only need depth on the OL, we need a Starting Guard. 

If I'm taking a RB, I'd be looking as high as Round 3. Isaiah Spiller or James Cook, if either are there. Zamir White or Rachaad White in Round 4.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

15 minutes ago, Logic said:

With as dire as the Bills needs at CB and OG are, and considering how much they could use some dynamic young WRs, and given how good Singletary looked in the last quarter of the season once given the reins….

I find it hard to imagine that Beane would use the 25th pick on a running back, especially one who offers no more breakaway speed than the guys currently on our roster.

I think DJ sees so few “holes” that he thinks they could lob a late 1st on an upgrade at RB. I agree on CB … for the moment. Still over a month to go. I’m going WR round 2 or later. Way too deep of a draft at that position. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think DJ sees so few “holes” that he thinks they could lob a late 1st on an upgrade at RB. I agree on CB … for the moment. Still over a month to go. I’m going WR round 2 or later. Way too deep of a draft at that position. 

He's got Booth going at 31, so I don't see the Bills passing on him for a RB.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

30 minutes ago, Logic said:

This statement is false...Hall runs a 4.39 40, while the fastest from the three on the roster is 4.5 at best...👍

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I wouldn’t be surprised if the Bills took Hall in the 1st, and a CB in the 2nd- especially if McD is serious about wanting to reduce Allen’s designed runs...

After all, the main reason Allen is forced to run is because of the inconsistent production from Singletary and Moss...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

We can’t go into the draft needing to get a starting cb. I don’t think the Bills operate that way. Remember, they were very comfortable with Cam Lewis if Dane Jackson couldn’t handle the job. It’s possible they aren’t as desperate at CB as we think.

Don’t get me wrong they will likely draft 2, but I don’t know if they’re looking for an immediate starter.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Not with a hole at CB2 and Tre coming off an ACL. If he (or Kenneth Walker) were there in the 2nd, I'd give serious thought to pulling the trigger. But that's only if Ryan Bates re-signs. If he doesn't, we not only need depth on the OL, we need a Starting Guard. 

If I'm taking a RB, I'd be looking as high as Round 3. Isaiah Spiller or James Cook, if either are there. Zamir White or Rachaad White in Round 4.

We will be luck if Tre is available in October, we need to draft a CB high and fin another as a FA…

44 minutes ago, Logic said:

If I remember reading correctly, didn't Hall run a 4.39 40?

• Agree 1

32 minutes ago, Iamkrgr said:

Would be nice if a good OL falls into our lap. Not sure we’ve improved enough there yet. 

would love to add another CB. I feel we have another vet lined up shortly. Hopefully someone not too long in the tooth. 

This. Our current RBs are good enough if we just had a line that can run block. Plus, WR has more value with a QB like Josh tossing to them. And CB, we just need more help there.

Edited by Rockinon

3 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

If I remember reading correctly, didn't Hall run a 4.39 40?

26 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

This statement is false...Hall runs a 4.39 40, while the fastest from the three on the roster is 4.5 at best...👍

He did run a 4.39

And he most certainly has good speed.. but he doesn't play that fast all the time

His burst isn't exactly elite.. about average for a running back

So it takes him a bit to get up to speed and fast NFL linebackers will be able to track him down.. but I absolutely think he's in play .. probably not beans number one but in play

He has a size strength speed combo we don't have

• Thank you (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Fair enough, but he sure doesn't look like a 4.39 guy on tape. Plenty of instances of him getting caught from behind.

28 minutes ago, Logic said:

Fair enough, but he sure doesn't look like a 4.39 guy on tape. Plenty of instances of him getting caught from behind.

I thought this, at times, as well...sometimes bigger guys don’t look like they’re moving as fast as smaller guys...

Edited by JaCrispy

CB is still my first choice but I'm warming up to the idea Green or Johnson. I know you can get a good IOL in later rounds but after Saffold and (maybe) Bates we still look pretty weak there. Those two look like plug and play starters for years

Edited by CNY315
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.