Daniel Jeremiah Mock Draft 2.0 - Bills take Treylon Burks: 3.0 - Bills take Breece Hall

YoloinOhio

5 hours ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

Seeing as people are comping him to deebo I highly doubt he makes it to us. Copy cat league everyone is gonna be looking for the next deebo.

I don't think he is the next Deebo. That is a bad comp IMO. I've seen AJ Brown and I understand that more. Personally I see a slightly bigger, less polished CeeDee Lamb. He might "look" like more of an X receiver with his size who is going to run down the field vertically and win on the outside but in reality I think he is more of Z receiver who you are going to run a lot of crossers with and be a real zone beater who will do his best work with the ball in his hands and generate major YAC. Chris Godwin is the other guy that comes to mind but he is slightly faster than Lamb and Burks. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't think he is the next Deebo. That is a bad comp IMO. I've seen AJ Brown and I understand that more. Personally I see a slightly bigger, less polished CeeDee Lamb. He might "look" like more of an X receiver with his size who is going to run down the field vertically and win on the outside but in reality I think he is more of Z receiver who you are going to run a lot of crossers with and be a real zone beater who will do his best work with the ball in his hands and generate major YAC. Chris Godwin is the other guy that comes to mind but he is slightly faster than Lamb and Burks. 

I don't think he's deebo either, no one is. Deebo is just a freak outlier. But arkansas used him like a deebo all over the feild. I think more teams saw what the niners were able to do with him. And try to find that themselves, like many teams have been trying to find the next Hill, that difference maker x factor.

On 2/22/2022 at 3:00 PM, BrainwashedBillsFan said:

Isn’t he too similar to Davis? He’s 6’3”225. Should we go Dotson instead for the speed aspect of his game? I’m just asking, I would love Burke’s guys a monster and can run a 4.5 

Everyone wants speed but can the speed catch the ball?

• Agree 1

On 2/22/2022 at 3:00 PM, BrainwashedBillsFan said:

Isn’t he too similar to Davis? He’s 6’3”225. Should we go Dotson instead for the speed aspect of his game? I’m just asking, I would love Burke’s guys a monster and can run a 4.5 

I was thinking the same, but really, you could move Diggs all over the field.  I think he should be used in the slot more like Adams and Kupp.

• Like (+1) 1

I thought his combine results were underwhelming.  He'll be a good pro, but I'm hoping for something a little more impactful in a first round pick.  At WR, I think Buffalo needs some speed.  Diggs is pretty fast, but outside of him the Bills are pretty average in the speed department, especially if McKenzie is gone.

• Agree 1

On 3/4/2022 at 2:15 AM, GunnerBill said:

Huge hands to catch Josh Allen's lasers...I like him

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Two years ago, the Philadelphia Eagles made one of the worst wide receiver draft picks in recent history. Last year, they picked a guy who should be great, but really wasn’t. Not sure if they should be the gold standard in scouting wide receivers.

1 hour ago, mannc said:

For those who were disappointed in Burks’s 40 time at the combine, Deebo Samuel ran a 4.48…the Deebo comp still seems legit to me.

While I understand the Deebo comparison in that Arkansas moved him around the field I'm not sure Deebo is who I see on film. Deebo was always a swiss army knife type coming out lots of taking short passes for big ones. Sure, Burks can do some of that but I think he is better in those intermediate and deeper areas. I see a slightly less polished CeeDee Lamb myself. The first time I sat down to watch Burks's tape that is immediately who came to my mind. 

Agree though that people worried about his 40 time are worried about nothing. I increasingly think Burks is an option for us. I'm struggling to find obvious fits for him higher up the first round. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

While I understand the Deebo comparison in that Arkansas moved him around the field I'm not sure Deebo is who I see on film. Deebo was always a swiss army knife type coming out lots of taking short passes for big ones. Sure, Burks can do some of that but I think he is better in those intermediate and deeper areas. I see a slightly less polished CeeDee Lamb myself. The first time I sat down to watch Burks's tape that is immediately who came to my mind. 

Agree though that people worried about his 40 time are worried about nothing. I increasingly think Burks is an option for us. I'm struggling to find obvious fits for him higher up the first round. 

Does he catch well enough with his hands?  In limited views, I felt like he favored body catching and that would not be good with Allen firing bullets at him.

3 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Does he catch well enough with his hands?  In limited views, I felt like he favored body catching and that would not be good with Allen firing bullets at him.

Interesting I really like his hands. He had a super low drop rate and there is not much evidence if a hands problem on his tape. There are plenty of one handers outside the frame of the body.

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Interesting I really like his hands. He had a super low drop rate and there is not much evidence if a hands problem on his tape. There are plenty of one handers outside the frame of the body.

Good news then, I think I saw him vs. Alabama body catch a few - maybe that was rare.  Watched some more of what I can find and I think my criticism wasn’t warranted.  He looks plenty fast on the field, too.

Edited by OldTimer1960
Add

• 2 weeks later...
  • YoloinOhio changed the title to Daniel Jeremiah Mock Draft 2.0 - Bills take Treylon Burks: 3.0 - Bills take Breece Hall
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.