Aaron Rodgers hinting at retirement? (Update - no decisions yet, just a “cleanse”)

YoloinOhio

14 minutes ago, H2o said:

Oh, I'm not claiming he is the most reliable of humans (Rodgers), but there are people close to the situation saying the Pack GM is lying. We'll see how it plays out, but I don't expect Rodgers to ever don a Packers uni again. 

Linkies?

The only people who would know for sure would be anyone who was in the room or on the call with the GM and Rodgers when it was said

And even there - was it explicitly said, or was it assumed from context and then taken forward as what was said?

Like maybe Rodgers said "if I return and play for GB this season, I want you to give me your word you will trade me in the 2022 off season"

And Gutekunst replied "I promise you that if you still want out after this season, we will sit down together and work it out"

It gives the impression Gutekunst agreed to trade Rodgers, but actually, in the above example, he didn't exactly say that.  But he's allowing the impression that he agreed, to stand with the people who heard what he said.

Sort of like what Rodgers said to the press about......

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.