Aaron Rodgers hinting at retirement? (Update - no decisions yet, just a “cleanse”)

YoloinOhio

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Alrighty

So A-Ron was doing an intense Colase regime, bet he feels less grumpy now…, 

2 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

If that's the cleanse I'll still do the yoga and meditation, plus drink lots of water and eat only veggies and citrus fruits for a few days instead. That'll accomplish like 90% of the same thing, right? 

Hell, just drink a couple protein shakes a day. May as well pull a pipe cleaner through your digestive tract.

Edited by BringBackFlutie

5 hours ago, Gugny said:

He calls it a cleanse.  The rest of us call it a bender.

He calls it a cleanse.  The rest of us call it "self-inflicted Norovirus symptoms"

People I know who've suffered through Norovirus typically feel intense gratitude when the puking and ***** taper off

I don't know anyone who has intentionally set out to create those symptoms in themselves though

Memo to Josh: if you must, take Brady as a mentor, eating Avocado ice cream and avoiding sugar sounds way healthier than this A-Rod (literally) *****.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Gugny said:

Just more attention-wh.oring.

The "read a book once in a while," comment was yet another display of his condescension and arrogance/douchebaggery.

I'd love nothing more than to see this guy walk away from the game.  But he won't.  He loves the attention too much; plus he's still an elite player.

His maturity level is that of a 14-year-old girl.  I'm sick of his face; sick of what comes out of his mouth; and sick of his LAMP crap on social media.

Amen, brother. I wish Bezos or Musk would charter a one way rocket to the sun for both Rodgers and Brady. Will we or won't we? Will we or won't we? Go away or don't...whatever. Just STFU already.

Cleanse, huh? That pretty much confirms what most football fans already knew...he was (and is) full of shite.

18 hours ago, Ross Murdock said:

Really? You think Kumerow rates that high on his or any ones radar at this time, with all the other things he is considering. Highly, highly unlikely. Maybe it rates above feeding his dogs today, but that's about it.   

Yes.  He's their missing piece and Rodgers knows it.  Beane better be on his toes to resign this guy before free agency begins.

Edited by Doc Brown

17 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

If that's the cleanse I'll still do the yoga and meditation, plus drink lots of water and eat only veggies and citrus fruits for a few days instead. That'll accomplish like 90% of the same thing, right? 

Only one way to find out.  

9 hours ago, BillsFan2313 said:

Minus the "theraputic vomitting" 

Um, you know what ghee is, right?  It’s similar to clarified butter.  The only difference is that with ghee the milk solids are browned before straining whereas clarified butter doesn’t have the browning process.  Straight up?  NFW.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

After what the GM pulled yesterday, saying he never promised a trade, Rodgers is either getting traded or retiring. He won't play for them again. Smart move by GB would be get what you can to speed up your rebuild, because it's definitely going to be a rebuild. 

9 minutes ago, H2o said:

After what the GM pulled yesterday, saying he never promised a trade, Rodgers is either getting traded or retiring. He won't play for them again. Smart move by GB would be get what you can to speed up your rebuild, because it's definitely going to be a rebuild. 

I kind of missed this - I assume you mean GB GM Brian Gutekunst? 

Edit: just found this

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33356458/green-bay-packers-gm-says-never-promised-trade-aaron-rodgers

As far as anything Aaron Rodgers says, whatever else one thinks about his opinion,s he has unambiguously shown he is willing to shade the meaning of words to serve his personal convenience. 

So it shouldn't come as a surprise to him if

1) other people in his life (his GM, his CEO) are willing to do likewise (Sauce, Gander, Goose)

2) maybe Rodgers is doing that here, the GM told him they'd sit down and talk about it and he is interpreting that "but you promised"

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I kind of missed this - I assume you mean GB GM Brian Gutekunst? 

Edit: just found this

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33356458/green-bay-packers-gm-says-never-promised-trade-aaron-rodgers

As far as anything Aaron Rodgers says, whatever else one thinks about his opinion,s he has unambiguously shown he is willing to shade the meaning of words to serve his personal convenience. 

So it shouldn't come as a surprise to him if

1) other people in his life (his GM, his CEO) are willing to do likewise (Sauce, Gander, Goose)

2) maybe Rodgers is doing that here, the GM told him they'd sit down and talk about it and he is interpreting that "but you promised"

Oh, I'm not claiming he is the most reliable of humans (Rodgers), but there are people close to the situation saying the Pack GM is lying. We'll see how it plays out, but I don't expect Rodgers to ever don a Packers uni again. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.