One UFA you'd like the Bills to sign? (realistically)

warrior9

Some great suggestions in this thread that will never happen.  I think we all know what will happen this season.  Instead of signing a big name in FA, Beane will take his chances on players that might be undervalued in FA for one reason or another but who *could* outplay their deal.  He’ll also probably try to re-sign Tremaine Edmunds much to my disappointment

This is the Beane philosophy of team building.   You either end up with a player like Darryl Williams or a player like Trent Murphy or Vernon Butler.

50 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

Realistically, Considering the CB situation. I'll take Casey Hayward or Xavier Rhodes as a stopgap on a 1 yr deal. 

Rhodes is washed.  Terrible CB and not that much better than Dane Jackson

54 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

Quinton Spain anybody ?

Rasul Douglas - CB - Green Bay

we don’t need Spain on this team.  Douglas would be a nice addition

• Eyeroll 1

5 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

Some great suggestions in this thread that will never happen.  I think we all know what will happen this season.  Instead of signing a big name in FA, Beane will take his chances on players that might be undervalued in FA for one reason or another but who *could* outplay their deal.  He’ll also probably try to re-sign Tremaine Edmunds much to my disappointment

This is the Beane philosophy of team building.   You either end up with a player like Darryl Williams or a player like Trent Murphy or Vernon Butler.

Rhodes is washed.  Terrible CB and not that much better than Dane Jackson

we don’t need Spain on this team.  Douglas would be a nice addition

I was joking about Spain

• Like (+1) 2

Raheem Mostert,

OR....

Christian McCaffrey

Hear me out...look, I loved the effort put forth by Singletary the last 4 weeks of the regular season and the playoffs.  He played his butt off, and now he has something to build off of heading into next season.  But I think we have seen the best of what Singletary can provide us, and personally, it's not enough.  I still think he hesitates when it comes to making a decision, and hitting the hole with vigor and "authoritae".  More importantly, (to me at least) he's missing that 5th gear, that homerun, threat to take it to the house any time the ball is in his hands.  I would love to go into the season with another RB in place to at the very least be that change of pace back, because as of right now, it doesn't appear that Moss is up for the challenge, and I don't think Breida will stick around to give it another go.  I believe Mostert could be had for a reasonable price, and McCaffrey, though oft injured, I believe could shine splitting carries and not being relied on to be the workhorse back.   And if things don't work out with him we close the Carolina pipeline shut with kwik-krete.

• Like (+1) 1

I like the McKinnon & Mostert suggestions, but they'll both be 30 before next season. Both have had major injury issues, yet haven't logged a whole lot of career touches. They'd have to come cheap considering those concerns, but I like it.

Chandler Jones.  DE is the one position on the field where I'd be fine if the Bills need to restructure some contracts and kick some money down the road to make it happen.  It's possibly the team's biggest need and it's probably not something the Bills can fix in the draft for this year.  I'd be fine if he was our only FA signing this year (aside from re-signing a few of our own.)  

Edited by Adam727
  • Agree 4

I really think JA can get us first rate WR on a good deal. Maybe just for one year, but that would cross off a huge need on our shopping list.

Besides, like Jerry and Mario, the FA pass rushers available are all too old. I wish it wasn’t so but they are huge gambles that probably don’t pay off. I think three of our first four picks should go to defense. We need a young DT, DE and CB to upgrade our defense. The fourth pick in the top four should be an OL. So, I’m saying drafting three linemen in the top four picks. We need to go BPA with those four positions: DT, DE, CB and OL…. We have the chosen one, now we build from the trenches.

Go Bills!

2 minutes ago, billybrew1 said:

I really think JA can get us first rate WR on a good deal. Maybe just for one year, but that would cross off a huge need on our shopping list.

Besides, like Jerry and Mario, the FA pass rushers available are all too old. I wish it wasn’t so but they are huge gambles that probably don’t pay off. I think three of our first four picks should go to defense. We need a young DT, DE and CB to upgrade our defense. The fourth pick in the top four should be an OL. So, I’m saying drafting three linemen in the top four picks. We need to go BPA with those four positions: DT, DE, CB and OL…. We have the chosen one, now we build from the trenches.

Go Bills!

How much younger can we get at D End? Epenesa, Groot, and Basham are all we have right now.  Signing a vet Edge is a must.  If I had to guess, I’d say there’s a 85-90% chance our 1st round pick will be a DB or OL.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, smuvtalker said:

Raheem Mostert,

OR....

Christian McCaffrey

Hear me out...look, I loved the effort put forth by Singletary the last 4 weeks of the regular season and the playoffs.  He played his butt off, and now he has something to build off of heading into next season.  But I think we have seen the best of what Singletary can provide us, and personally, it's not enough.  I still think he hesitates when it comes to making a decision, and hitting the hole with vigor and "authoritae".  More importantly, (to me at least) he's missing that 5th gear, that homerun, threat to take it to the house any time the ball is in his hands.  I would love to go into the season with another RB in place to at the very least be that change of pace back, because as of right now, it doesn't appear that Moss is up for the challenge, and I don't think Breida will stick around to give it another go.  I believe Mostert could be had for a reasonable price, and McCaffrey, though oft injured, I believe could shine splitting carries and not being relied on to be the workhorse back.   And if things don't work out with him we close the Carolina pipeline shut with kwik-krete.

He needs to start watching the video board and zig sagging like Fred did. If time him with a calendar Jackson could do it, I suspect Singletary can too.

Edited by reddogblitz
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Adam727 said:

Chandler Jones.  DE is the one position on the field where I'd be fine if the Bills need to restructure some contracts and kick some money down the road to make it happen.  It's possibly the team's biggest need and it's probably not something the Bills can fix in the draft for this year.  I'd be fine if he was our only FA signing this year (aside from re-signing a few of our own.)  

I did not realize he was born in Rochester. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloRebound said:

How much younger can we get at D End? Epenesa, Groot, and Basham are all we have right now.  Signing a vet Edge is a must.  If I had to guess, I’d say there’s a 85-90% chance our 1st round pick will be a DB or OL.  

That’s a good question. I’m looking at it from a purely talent level situation. We need more talent and I don’t know how else to increase the talent level. Old guys aren’t gong to do it. Good young DL rarely hit the market. I guess Beane could trade for one but I have no idea why one might be traded. Good young DL are gold in the NFL. Epenesa will be hitting season three and while he is still wildly inexperienced maybe he is ready to take a step. I think the thing you don’t want is too many rookies anywhere. Second year players like Groot and Basham are miles ahead of rookies… IDK?

Some think we should get Efe Obada and Zimmer to be the fourth end and Tackle in the front eight and draft a tackle to understudy as our ninth… The Bills might do exactly that, IDK?  The way I look at it is those two could hardly play on last year’s line how are we going to get better? By our young current guys getting better? Perhaps but I saw the game lost vs. KC because we allowed 42 points and hardly pressured Mahomes at all. I think we still need more talent there.

Though you definitely might be right as far as McBeane decides….

One thing I’d do this year that perhaps we didn’t do last year is pick 4-6 positions of need, let’s say… DE, DT, WR, CB, OL and try to get as exacting as we can at grading them and then go BPA…Beane talks a lot about filling holes before the draft so you can go BPA but somewhere along the line I think idea fell to the floor and DE turned into a must draft position. Hopefully, Beane got excellent pieces of clay anyway and they start to pay off by making some plays this year….Though, as exciting as our offense is, our defense did nothing vs. KC in the playoffs. As Bills fans, we havta think about how well we played in the week five matchup to find hope for next season vs. KC. Man, did we ever kick their ass in that game; total domination. So there’s hope….

BTW, I’d take Efe over Jerry. And Zimmer really did surprise though that would give us two injury prone three-techs. I guess we’d draft one to shore that up…. I hope that you at least understand if McBeane pulls the DL lever high again this year. We’ve got to really hit sooner or later…. Or maybe get a bunch of red chippers that can play well together in rows….

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.