One UFA you'd like the Bills to sign? (realistically)

warrior9

20 hours ago, warrior9 said:

Is it realistic we can sign him? Can he play with his hand in the dirt? Or would he play the Lorenzo Alexander role? 

Yes Beane said that he is going to continue to invest in the DL and there is a major need for a vet player. As far as usage I’m pretty sure they could find a way to best utilize his strengths. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Gronk.. not only because it would be a great fit and let us run a monster of a two te set at the goal line and during short down situations it would also piss off half of Bills mafia until he scored his first td and everyone would be all I loved him all along how dare you haters.. blah blah blah

5 hours ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

A name I haven't seen listed yet...CB Donte Jackson.

In his prime at 26 years old, played for Buffalo South (Carolina Panthers), and ran a 4.32 40 time pre-draft. Brings the top end speed, athleticism, and play-making ability that we have lacked in an otherwise very good secondary. 

He's been VERY average. He has good INT numbers from one year but he was WILDLY inconsistent. I lived in Charlotte for a long time and he was absolutely a liability and they wanted him gone. Arrogant, dumb penalties, and selfish. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Maynard said:

I wouldn’t mind stealing Emmanuel Ogbah from the Phins. Productive and just reaching his prime. I’m guessing 10-12 million a year? Have to be creative to free up the dough however. 

I think we have enough for both Ogbah and Berrios. Players like Chandler Jones, Von Miller, Gesicki and Kirk will cost 12-17. Too rich for Beane's blood. 

36 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Beane is not going after high priced free agents....he just isnt going to do it.  He is going to continue to do what he has been.......spreading the money around on realistic contracts.

The suggests I have seen on Kristian Kirk make sense to me and fill a need......a speed guy to stretch the defense .

I’m not saying Beane is gonna go crazy in free agency, but it would be borderline negligent not to get rid of some bad contracts still on the books now that we are a legit super bowl contender and have a consensus top 5 QB.  I think there’s room for a $10-11m per year guy like Kirk on offense and a vet edge guy at $15m like Chandler Jones.  

2 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

I’m not saying Beane is gonna go crazy in free agency, but it would be borderline negligent not to get rid of some bad contracts still on the books now that we are a legit super bowl contender and have a consensus top 5 QB.  I think there’s room for a $10-11m per year guy like Kirk on offense and a vet edge guy at $15m like Chandler Jones.  

Would be thrilled to get Jones....just trying to remember the time the bills actually went this route.  Mario Williams?

2 hours ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

I wouldn't say washed, But that's all we need in FA for a CB. Draft one in the first. White comes back. CB is covered. 

I don’t know… is he really that much better than Dane Jackson?  He seemed to be on the downside of his career the past few seasons.  

9 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

I don’t know… is he really that much better than Dane Jackson?  He seemed to be on the downside of his career the past few seasons.  

More experienced. I seriously doubt Mcbean is going to sign a top corner in FA. Plus, I can't picture Mcbean going into the draft with a hole like that. Rhodes or Hayward would be basically a place holder for White and Insurance for the rookie at a good price and no long term commitment. 

14 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Would be thrilled to get Jones....just trying to remember the time the bills actually went this route.  Mario Williams?

Mitch Morse was a highly regarded Center when we added him in free agency. 

10 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

I would like either Christian Kirk or Will Fuller and then I would like to see us go BPA in RD1, which could ultimately mean another WR or a corner or maybe even an IOL or IDL at that point.

Fuller is one of those buy low candidates that can perform at a high level, it's just a matter of him staying healthy. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Jokeman said:

Mitch Morse was a highly regarded Center when we added him in free agency. 

Fuller is one of those buy low candidates that can perform at a high level, it's just a matter of him staying healthy. 

Yeah I am talking about the DL not the OL......where they like to play their "rotation"

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.