One UFA you'd like the Bills to sign? (realistically)

warrior9

Von Miller.  It might be a stretch to get him and it is unlikely because I know he prefers to be in LA and will probably remain there.  But he is an Edge that can get to the QB in big games when the refs swallow their whistles - and we need that.  I like Hughes, but Miller would be a big upgrade.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Back2Buff said:

It's not even close, Mike Gesicki.  Replacing Beasley with Gesicki would propel this offense.  

This is an interesting name. I think Gesicki would check a few boxes. First he could be a flex slot option. While his blocking isn’t great, I think he could do a decent job against DB’s, taking the Kumerow spot. Then he is good insurance for TE. Lastly, with the reports that Dorsey has used 2 TE’s a good bit in his past, this might in name only, accomplish that. It would provide a nice wrinkly to the offense without trying to reinvent the whole system. 

Edited by atlbillsfan1975
  • Like (+1) 1

I think James Washington is one of those buy lower, high production FAs. 

Generally, no free agents over the age of 30, unless the plan is to play them lightly through the first 8-9 games.  You're paying them for playoff performance at that age.  

• Like (+1) 3

13 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Cordarrelle Patterson

12 hours ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Cordarelle Patterson is my realistic number 1 target. 

He would fill several needs but I'm afraid he'll be too pricey.

2 hours ago, Back2Buff said:

It's not even close, Mike Gesicki.  Replacing Beasley with Gesicki would propel this offense.  

That's interesting.  As much as I hate Gesicki on the Fish, I'd love him paired with Knox in Buffalo.

Edited by eball

2 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

This is an interesting name. I think Gesicki would check a few boxes. First he could be a flex slot option. While his blocking isn’t great, I think he could do a decent job against DB’s, taking the Kumerow spot. Then he is good insurance for TE. Lastly, with the reports that Dorsey has used 2 TE’s a good bit in his past, this might in name only, accomplish that. It would provide a nice wrinkly to the offense without trying to reinvent the whole system. 

4 hours ago, Back2Buff said:

I actually agree here.  Gesecki is not a great blocker, but just sheer size is an advantage over Beasley and he basically plays the same position.  He’s just a WR that lines up funny sometimes.   Beasley is no threat to take it to the house, so it’s not like you are losing that element.  I’d like to see him out there to create mismatches.  He could make it very tough to defend if you run 2TEs out there that are both receiving threats and at least big enough to get in the way of DEs.  Tendencies would probably be running away from him, but then you play that, play action and throw it back to him, make the D have to think, that split second is all it takes to make plays work.

I’m not sure it’s the absolute best pick, but adding him would be a nice pick up. I could argue for more speed, bigger WR, Pass rusher, etc, but play to your strength and add more weapons.

• Agree 1

28 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

I actually agree here.  Gesecki is not a great blocker, but just sheer size is an advantage over Beasley and he basically plays the same position.  He’s just a WR that lines up funny sometimes.   Beasley is no threat to take it to the house, so it’s not like you are losing that element.  I’d like to see him out there to create mismatches.  He could make it very tough to defend if you run 2TEs out there that are both receiving threats and at least big enough to get in the way of DEs.  Tendencies would probably be running away from him, but then you play that, play action and throw it back to him, make the D have to think, that split second is all it takes to make plays work.

I’m not sure it’s the absolute best pick, but adding him would be a nice pick up. I could argue for more speed, bigger WR, Pass rusher, etc, but play to your strength and add more weapons.

He runs a 4.5 and plays faster.  

• Like (+1) 1

If Olivier Vernon was back healthy and wanted to play at a reasonable price it might be worth kicking the tires.  As much as Hughes and Addison were veterans who knew how to rush a passer they are both horrible against the run and mediocre at best at actually getting to the QB.  Vernon if healthy can set an edge and collapse a pocket along with getting to the QB.  Akeem Hicks can still play if the price is right.  There are several guards who may become free agents who would improve the talent level here as well.  Daniels, Glowinski, Kappa, or Tomlinson would seemingly be good additions but cost could definitely be a factor.   Johnson from the Browns might also be a good pick up to compete with Moss for a rb spot.

18 hours ago, SWATeam said:

Mo Alie-Cox

😂 You can have your realistic acquisition and still get Mo Allie-Cox afterwards. He shouldn't be really hard to get if you feel a TE is important.

1 hour ago, Maine-iac said:

If Olivier Vernon was back healthy and wanted to play at a reasonable price it might be worth kicking the tires.  As much as Hughes and Addison were veterans who knew how to rush a passer they are both horrible against the run and mediocre at best at actually getting to the QB.  Vernon if healthy can set an edge and collapse a pocket along with getting to the QB.  Akeem Hicks can still play if the price is right.  There are several guards who may become free agents who would improve the talent level here as well.  Daniels, Glowinski, Kappa, or Tomlinson would seemingly be good additions but cost could definitely be a factor.   Johnson from the Browns might also be a good pick up to compete with Moss for a rb spot.

Always found him to be over rated, even when healthy. 

1 hour ago, billsbackto81 said:

😂 You can have your realistic acquisition and still get Mo Allie-Cox afterwards. He shouldn't be really hard to get if you feel a TE is important.

lol, he's a guy I want.  Not saying he'd be the gem of our FA class or anything.  I certainly see us addressing TE2 in FA.

20 hours ago, warrior9 said:

Other than our own guys. Obviously, we don't have a ton of cap room so we need to smart about who it is.

For me, I'd love to see us go after and sign Jerrick McKinnon. I think a speed back that presents the threat to catch out of the backfield will morph our offense. McKinnon can be our James White that the Patriots had for years. When teams wanted to sit back and protect against Gronk, Moss, etc.... White was the guy for a while (although they had Dion Lewis, etc). 

I think he's a realistic add that would be worth a look. 

I'll take him over McCaffrey.

18 hours ago, Desert Bills Fan said:

I like the James Conner RB idea. He has good receiving skills too.

He knows how to get into the end zone too. 

8 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I thought him also but if Sportrac is correct he will make $12 millions year and I think that is too rich for what we want to do 

He isn't worth that. He is overrated imho. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.