What year you became a Bills fan and Two Bills Drive camaraderie

BillsFan619

On 2/21/2022 at 3:31 PM, BillsFan619 said:

1. You've been a fan since: 1987

2. Your first Bills memory: Watching the Bills play while in college in western NY with a bunch of rabid Bills fans - got me hooked.

3. One of your favorite Bills memories:  Too many to pick from, but recently... Watching Belicheat throw his phone in frustration because he had no answers for the Bills - very cathartic.

4. Your favorite player of all time and your favorite player currently:  Fred Jackson, loved his journey, his attitude and just amazing field vision.  Now?  Josh!

5. Some of you guys have some awesome forum names. What does your forum name say about you?:  That I had to do something to make my name (Blaine) sound fun.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 2/21/2022 at 4:28 PM, Ethan in Portland said:

1. 1980. I was 10.

2. Even though I know of the tearing down of the goal posts for the 1980 home opener, I dont really recall it. My first and most vivid memory of 1980 was Ferguson playing on a bus ankle in the playoff game.  I've watched several YouTube highlights from the 1980 season in the past year and still Ferguson's ankle is what I remember most.

3. Best Bills memory. I have several. I have posted this before but being on the field for the entire Jets game in 88 with my brother holding cameras for Sports Illustrated.  Next is the Raiders coldest game in Bills history playoff game.  There are several more. Those in person include this year's Patriots playoff game, Bills at GB just because I was able go to Lambeau, and Bills Cleveland MNF - met Al D'Amato in the parking lot. As far as other memories there are too many to list that I saw on TV, but Kelly beating Miami diving into the endzone on the final play is my favorite.

4. Favorite player of all time is Thurman Thomas. Jerry Butler, Fred Smerlas, Kyle Williams, Fred Jackson, and Shady are all on the list. Current is Allen. 

5. My forum name speaks to family and may need to change this Fall if I move back east. 

You're like my twin brother from a different mother. 

20 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Just scrolling through responses..... is my fandom the youngest on this board? Like the next most recent fans are guys from the late 80s / early 90s run. I will have supported the Bills TWENTY years this August, after coincidently watching a pre-season game on a trip to America when I was 18... and I am the most recent new fan?

Some of you guys are a) and b) loyal 😛

Young Bills fan. At the 59 minute and 47 second mark of the playoff game vs KC

20211005_080412 small (3) (2).jpg

13 seconds later.

20211005_080405 (5) (1).jpg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 6

Since I was a child at the rock pile. Off topic but freakin great, I stopped for coffee this am in college park md, Just off the beltway when in comes this couple, she has an orchard park face mask on and he has a bills pullover on. We greet each other with a heartfelt GO BILLS.  Rest of the folks in the store think we’re a bit on the mental side but what the hell, we’re talking Bills. Made my day. I miss home, I miss watching my teams in person on a regular basis. Thanks for letting me share.

• Like (+1) 5

On 2/21/2022 at 4:08 PM, BillsFan619 said:

That's awesome. So cool, bro!

While either is awesome, when you say you haven't missed a game since '96, are you talking in stadium or watching?

Thank you Bro. Haven't missed watching a game on tv, even out of state at times. Been to Stadium a handful of times.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1. You've been a fan since : SBXXVI

2. Your first Bills memory : SBXXV

3. One of your favorite Bills memories SBXXVIII at halftime, last divisional at 59.47, fitzmagic win against patriots

4. Your favorite player of all time and your favorite player currently : JK by the time, now JA

5. Some of you guys have some awesome forum names. What does your forum name say about you? You should better focus on the avatar...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1. You've been a fan since

2. Your first Bills memory

3. One of your favorite Bills memories

4. Your favorite player of all time and your favorite player currently

5. Some of you guys have some awesome forum names. What does your forum name say about you?

1. Birth (my dad, from Germany, moved to Buffalo and was an original season ticket holder).

2. OJ rushing for a 70+ yard TD at Miami in the mid-70s.

3. Before this January it was a tie between being at 51-3 and being at the Comeback.  Now being at the “perfect game” against the Pats*** is right there.

4. I’ve always been a huge Andre Reed fan.  Josh is my favorite now, and I can’t imagine him ever being supplanted.

5. Mine is a college nickname that just stuck.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Hey Bills Mafia!

Besides staying up to date on all things Bills, one of the reasons I like coming to this site is for the Bills camaraderie. I figured the best time to get to know you a little more is to do this in the long abyss of the offseason. I'm sure there will be some that don't like this post and will flame it (ie- "Man, it's going to be a long off season", "🤦‍♂️" or worse) because it's not a Bills news post. That's fine, either move on from it or say why you hate the post and then move on from it. That said, if you'd like to participate, here's some things to answer.

5. Some of you guys have some awesome forum names. What does your forum name say about you?

My answers:

1. 1988

2. Bills at Bears in 1988. We lost 24-3 in Soldier Field. I should've known then 😜😂

3. Breaking the drought and experiencing it with my kids/Going to the Bills vs Cowboys Thanksgiving game with my kids/Experiencing the 2020 season with my kids (While I have fond memories as a child, yes, the best experiences are with my kids because they're huge Bills fans as well) 

4. Jim Kelly/Josh Allen

5. The first part of my forum name is obvious. Bills fan through and through! 619 stands for the area code I live in, which is San Diego

Okay, Bills Mafia, share (or flame) away.

619,  cool topic.

1.  My first vivid memory as I had vague ones of OJ, but I’ll never forget Joe Cribbs in the home opener against Miami who beat us 20 times in the 70’s.  166 yards for a 17-7 win.  It was incredible.  I was entering 8th grade at OMGC that’s now closed.

2.  Same as question 1.  I was a fan earlier, but only as a small boy and hard to remember the early grade school years other than my dad yelling at the TV with my older brother saying Ferguson should get fined for that INT or whatever.

3.  Beating the Jets to win the AFCE and jumping on that goal post personally for all of 7 seconds.

4.  JA17 is becoming my all time favorite, but in the day loved Talley.

5.  We’ll everyone knows what MGK stands for and loved his heart, toughness and tenacity.  I’d like to think I’ve emulated some of those qualities throughout my life.

Edited by machine gun kelly
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1.  I almost feel guilty for not being a fan sooner but none of my parents, uncles, grand parents watched football.   my younger brother gave me his hand me down tecmo bowl game and at first it was the rams....willie flipper anderson, then i found buffalo....andre reed...eric moulds, jim kelly...so i remember asking my brother if the bills were any good in real life.  he said well they went the super bowl last year..this was in 91...been a real life fan ever since.   watched them lose three superbowls.   which wasnt near as painful as the next 20 years.

2.  idk...probably losing the 91 superbowl.   

3. hmm....come back game, beating tom brady with fitzy.  anytime we beat miami.  

4.  Bruce...don bebe, fred jackson, meatball.     diggs...   josh, always been a big hughs fan.

5.   well...  i was on  bmbb for a long time as west side fan.   as in im from utah....(west side of the states)....one time i had a big fallout after a game and got kicked out.  but but i changed my name and came back...hence comeback kid.  came here when they killed it off.   not that awesome but it is what it is.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

619,  cool topic.

1.  My first vivid memory as I had vague ones of OJ, but I’ll never forget Joe Cribbs in the home opener against Miami who beat us 20 times in the 70’s.  166 yards for a 17-7 win.  It was incredible.  I was entering 8th grade at OMGC that’s now closed.

2.  Same as question 1.  I was a fan earlier, but only as a small boy and hard to remember the early grade school years other than my dad yelling at the TV with my older brother saying Ferguson should get fined for that INT or whatever.

3.  Beating the Jets to win the AFCE and jumping on that goal personally for all of 7 seconds.

4.  JA17 is becoming my all time favorite, but in the day loved Talley.

5.  We’ll everyone knows what MGK stands for and loved his heart, toughness and tenacity.  I’d like to think I’ve emulated some of those qualities throughout my life.

Hey MGK!

Nice to hear from you, bro. I know you haven’t been able to be around as much lately.

How’s everything been going lately?

1. Conception..  Born a Bills fan.   Seriously..  Always have been.  Can't remember a time in my life when I wasn't.  Joined TBD in 2008.

2. OJ breaking 2000 yards...  

3. Beating Miami in 1980 (after the 0-for-the-70's) and tearing down the goal posts

4. All time favorite: tough to pick one.  Current favorite: JA17

5. my initials..  use it anywhere and everywhere...  

Edited by wjag
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1. Born late 50's.
  2. The merger was a big deal.
  3. Too many to mention. Good friends, family, food all at times revolve around the Bills.
  4. Roland Hooks, Joe Cribbs, Jim Braxton.  Hyde.
  5. I'm round and I like beer. 
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Early 70's born into it. Been on TBD since 2002.

First real Bills memory was attending the rain game against the Jets in 74 I think, I was about 6. I remember it raining so hard we had to leave. 

Several but the best was attending the 51-3 game against the Raiders. That game was a giant party right from the start.

Thurman/Josh

Chose Realist because I try to keep it real when I do post, but tend to be a bit more on the optimistic side. During the drought, I thought every new QB was the one. Now, we finally got him.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

17 hours ago, BillsFan619 said:

Hey MGK!

Nice to hear from you, bro. I know you haven’t been able to be around as much lately.

How’s everything been going lately?

Good bud.  Very long days in the OR, and working with these Epileptologists.  Having a great time these last six months.  Others have PM’d me and not because I don’t miss all of you.  I’m just up at 4 am to try and get an hour at the gym, 12-14 hr day, pass out and do it again.

just because I haven’t posted a lot lately, as Roz says,

Edited by machine gun kelly
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1. 1970, or 8 years old

2. OJ breaking the 2,000 yards barrier

3. End of the draught in 2017, I was driving with my daughter when I found the Tyler Boyd TD on the radio I became crazy and she joined my, honking the car, yelling, etc

4. Jim Kelly \ Josh Allen

5. This is my alter ego, I use mostly Buffaloko, (influenced by my Spanish for Crazy) and i have not been able to recover it, for some reason, I joined The Wall in 1997. Love 80% of your avatar names

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Hey Bills Mafia!

birth-1969.  My mother made Bills ceramic figures for me when I was infant.  My Dad took me to many Bills, Sabres, and Yankees(at Toronto)- many when I was very young, and can barely remember.

I was at game Jerry Butler caught 4 TDs(1978?)  It was exciting to see Buffalo score big plays!

I made trip for 51-3 Bills AFC Championship game, that was special.  But my favorite memories are my trips with my father and brother to Buffalo last season.  My father and I have seen many Bills games together since the 70s, Shea Stadium, Sullivan Stadium, Giants Stadium..,

super tough question.

Carwell Gardner is probably my favorite.  What a badass!  Kyle Williams, Leonard Smith, and Lorenzo Williams

Josh Allen is obvious choice.  Im trying to figure out next jersey-Micah, Motor, Milano are possibilities.  I already have a Diggs and Poyer

Pete- it means Go Bills! Lets go Buffalo!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 2/22/2022 at 6:40 PM, GunnerBill said:

Just scrolling through responses..... is my fandom the youngest on this board? Like the next most recent fans are guys from the late 80s / early 90s run. I will have supported the Bills TWENTY years this August, after coincidently watching a pre-season game on a trip to America when I was 18... and I am the most recent new fan?

oh wow— so the allure of those Gregg Williams teams drew you in?! 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

oh wow— so the allure of those Gregg Williams teams drew you in?! 

So it coincided with me going away to university and at the time the monday night game and was on free to air network TV in the UK. So I'd get back fro my night out on a Monday night (big student drinking night) with my kebab or pizza, watch the first half of the MNF, watch the highlights of the Sunday games at half time and then fall asleep. I saw very little of the Bills.... our highlights were usually 20 seconds at most. It was during the Jauron era - 2006ish - when it became possible to watch out games in full. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Good bud.  Very long days in the OR, and working with these Epileptologists.  Having a great time these last six months.  Others have PM’d me and not because I don’t miss all of you.  I’m just up at 4 am to try and get an hour at the gym, 12-14 hr day, pass out and do it again.

just because I haven’t posted a lot lately, as Roz says,

🤣😜🤣

Thanks for sharing, bro. I’m glad you’re doing well.

Mad respect for your current schedule. Because it’s 12-14 hour days, hopefully it won’t last too much longer though.

. You've been a fan since: 2011 - I am 24 

2. Your first Bills memory - Week 3 vs Pats 2011

3. One of your favorite Bills memories If 13 seconds did not happen... Will have to settle for the guard changing in the wildcard 

4. Your favorite player of all time and your favorite player currently JA

5. Some of you guys have some awesome forum names. What does your forum name say about you? just an alias 

On 2/22/2022 at 6:40 PM, GunnerBill said:

I am a mid-drought fan.as well! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.