What year you became a Bills fan and Two Bills Drive camaraderie

BillsFan619

Fanatic since 1966

First memories: listening to the games on a transistor radio, waiting to watch highlights on Channel 7 Buffalo Bills highlights show every Saturday afternoon, hearing the sound of beer bottles clanking down the steps at the Rockpile 

Best Memories: attending two Super Bowls, road trip to London, meeting OJ at a Twin Fair the year he gained 2003

Favorite Players: was never really into individual players but Bruce Smith was an absolute beast

Screen name: current location mixed with lifelong nickname 

GO BILLS

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Fanatic since 1966

First memories: listening to the games on a transistor radio, waiting to watch highlights on Channel 7 Buffalo Bills highlights show every Saturday afternoon, hearing the sound of beer bottles clanking down the steps at the Rockpile 

Best Memories: attending two Super Bowls, road trip to London, meeting OJ at a Twin Fair the year he gained 2003

Favorite Players: was never really into individual players but Bruce Smith was an absolute beast

Screen name: current location mixed with lifelong nickname 

GO BILLS

Awesome, bro. Where in SoCal?

Public service announcement which maybe a little over the top but i would hate to see anyone (well except for a few :) ) get taken advantage of. I hope in your answers you are not using those things as passwords on other accounts. As an IT guy I can say that people will use things like there favorite player and number or the like as passwords. People can search through chats like this and then try to hack accounts .. sounds silly probably to some of you .. but this stuff happens. If you do .. might be time for a change.

• Like (+1) 2

1. You've been a fan since:  late 1960s.  My first players that I have long-term memory of:  O.J. Simpson, Dennis Shaw, Marlin Briscoe, Bobby Chandler, Joe D., Reggie McKenzie, Leonard Smith, Robert James….

2. Your first Bills memory: OJ destroying defenses and Dennis Shaw winning Offensive Rookie of the Year

3. One of your favorite Bills memories: Simpson’s runs, Jerry Butler, Bruce Smith, Fred Smerlas, Phil Hanson, Cornelius Bennett, Andre Reed, Thurman Thomas, …

4. Your favorite player of all time and your favorite player currently... Probably Bruce Smith, current: Allen, Diggs, Singletary 

5. Some of you guys have some awesome forum names. What does your forum name say about you? 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Public service announcement which maybe a little over the top but i would hate to see anyone (well except for a few :) ) get taken advantage of. I hope in your answers you are not using those things as passwords on other accounts. As an IT guy I can say that people will use things like there favorite player and number or the like as passwords. People can search through chats like this and then try to hack accounts .. sounds silly probably to some of you .. but this stuff happens. If you do .. might be time for a change.

Thanks for sharing, bro, appreciate it!

By the way, great forum name.

Edited by BillsFan619

1. You've been a fan since - 1975

2. Your first Bills memory - Clinching division in 1988

3. One of your favorite Bills memories - playoff berth 2017

4. Your favorite player of all time and your favorite player currently... Bruce Smith/Josh Allen

5. Some of you guys have some awesome forum names. What does your forum name say about you?

- I used to be YolointheBlo ( Blo was for Buffalo which made no sense because 1) I didn’t live there anymore 2) it’s not really an abbreviation for Buffalo and 3) it kind of sounded like I was rolling around in blow - so I i changed it to Ohio which is where I actually live. It was was 2013 that I joined and don’t remember why I chose this name yolo. I think it’s stupid but can’t change it now. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

4. Your favorite player of all time and your favorite player currently... Bruce Smith/Josh Allen

5. Some of you guys have some awesome forum names. What does your forum name say about you?

- I used to be YolointheBlo ( Blo was for Buffalo which made no sense because 1) I didn’t live there anymore 2) it’s not really an abbreviation for Buffalo and 3) it kind of sounded like I was rolling around in blow - so I i changed it to Ohio which is where I actually live. It was was 2013 that I joined and don’t remember why I chose this name yolo. I think it’s stupid but can’t change it now. 

That's funny that you think it's stupid. It's a great forum name.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Change it.... You Only Live Once 😉😃

5 hours ago, BillsFan619 said:

Hey Bills Mafia!

Besides staying up to date on all things Bills, one of the reasons I like coming to this site is for the Bills camaraderie. I figured the best time to get to know you a little more is do this in the long abyss of the offseason. I'm sure there will be some that don't like this post and will flame it (ie- "Man, it's going to be a long off season", "🤦‍♂️" or worse) because it's not a Bills news post. That's fine, either move on from it or say why you hate the post and then move on from it. That said, if you'd like to participate, here's some things to answer.

1. You've been a fan since

2. Your first Bills memory

3. One of your favorite Bills memories

4. Your favorite player of all time and your favorite player currently...

My answers:

1. 1988

2. Bills at Bears in 1988. We lost 24-3 in Soldier Field. I should've known then 😜😂

3. Breaking the drought and experiencing it with my kids/Going to the Bills/Cowboys Thanksgiving game with my kids/Experiencing the 2020 season with my kids (While I have fond memories as a child, yes, the best experiences are with my kids because they're huge Bills fans as well) 

4. Jim Kelly/Josh Allen

5. The first part of my forum name is obvious. Bills fan through and through! 619 stands for the area code I live in which is San Diego

Okay, Bills Mafia, share (or flame) away.

Great thread by the way for the off season or in season! 

• Like (+1) 1

Back in 68 - 69 wanted to be different in middle school everyone was giants or jets fans 

first time in Buffalo for game was 1990. 
92 took over season ticks from a lady that we used  her seats for several games. 
her husband passed in 92 and we would just send her the money for the tickets. 
moved to clubs 7 years ago

Joined TBD IN 2003 

first opener tailgate was 2004. 

developed a ton of close friendships over the years. 
OJ 

kelly 

now Allen

mead is me. 

Edited by mead107
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1. Been a fan since 1962. I was eight years old.

2. First memory was beating the Chargers in the 64 AFL championship. We were pretty big underdogs if I remember correctly. That defense was awesome with Sestak, McDole, Day and Dunaway on the line. Stratton, Jacobs and Tracy as our linebackers. Butch Byrd and George Saimes in the secondary. Saban was one of the first coaches to employ the safety blitz, with Saimes.

3. One of my favorite memories was attending Super Bowl XXVI in Minnesota with my brother.

4. Favorite player of all time is probably Bruce Smith and Josh Allen currently.

5. My forum name is a tribute to Tom Sestak. He was as good as any d lineman in the game, just dominating and would have been a sure hall of famer if not for injuries shortening his career. His strength was unreal. If he grabbed a running back's ankle that running back was not breaking free.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Forgot to mention I also have some autographed glossy black and white photos of Sestak, Lamonica, Gogolak, and Dick Hudson. I remember going to see them practice in Blasdell at the Camelot Motor Inn I believe. Became a Regency later I think. One other great memory was from the 1965 AFL championship game. Butch Byrd had a key interception and returned a punt for a td. People have forgotten how good he was, a true game changer.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Well, the 70's - somewhere around '73

OJ

2017 season

- Took the family to Broncos/Bills game- if you forgot the outcome check my avatar

- the Kyle Williams TD

- and of course watching the drought end on the Tyler Boyd catch   

4. Your favorite player of all time and your favorite player currently...

All time: Bruce. Current: Josh is the easy pick, but Tre and his goalie academy are an honorable mention. In general it's a very likable group of players since McD took over. 

I have no imagination.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1. 1968 was the first season I remember following the Bills. Have a scrapbook from the 1968-1969 seasons I made as a 10-year old fan. 

2. My first memory is of going to the Rockpile, which was a dank, dark, gray cesspool to walk through, and stepping into the entrance to the field and seeing the bright green grass, painted Bills logo and those blue jerseys. We had black and white TVs then, so the colors were shocking and amazing. 

3. Favorite memory is being at the AFC championship win over the Raiders; I remember staring up into the sky with the snow falling, tears in my eyes and wishing my father was alive to see the Bills going to the Super Bowl. 

4. Favorite players are OJ (as a kid fan) and Thurman (as an adult fan).  Current favorite is Josh Allen; he’s as much fun and more exciting to watch than OJ was. 

5.  I chose my name to emphasize my incredible humility. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

1. 1968 was the first season I remember following the Bills. Have a scrapbook from the 1968-1969 seasons I made as a 10-year old fan. 

2. My first memory is of going to the Rockpile, which was a dank, dark, gray cesspool to walk through, and stepping into the entrance to the field and seeing the bright green grass, painted Bills logo and those blue jerseys. We had black and white TVs then, so the colors were shocking and amazing. 

3. Favorite memory is being at the AFC championship win over the Raiders; I remember staring up into the sky with the snow falling, tears in my eyes and wishing my father was alive to see the Bills going to the Super Bowl. 

4. Favorite players are OJ (as a kid fan) and Thurman (as an adult fan).  Current favorite is Josh Allen; he’s as much fun and more exciting to watch than OJ was. 

5.  I chose my name to emphasize my incredible humility. 

Thanks for sharing.

What a cool perspective when it comes to seeing it live and in color because you only had a black and white TV.

6 hours ago, BillsFan619 said:

Hey Bills Mafia!

Besides staying up to date on all things Bills, one of the reasons I like coming to this site is for the Bills camaraderie. I figured the best time to get to know you a little more is to do this in the long abyss of the offseason. I'm sure there will be some that don't like this post and will flame it (ie- "Man, it's going to be a long off season", "🤦‍♂️" or worse) because it's not a Bills news post. That's fine, either move on from it or say why you hate the post and then move on from it. That said, if you'd like to participate, here's some things to answer.

4. Your favorite player of all time and your favorite player currently

My answers:

1. 1988

2. Bills at Bears in 1988. We lost 24-3 in Soldier Field. I should've known then 😜😂

3. Breaking the drought and experiencing it with my kids/Going to the Bills vs Cowboys Thanksgiving game with my kids/Experiencing the 2020 season with my kids (While I have fond memories as a child, yes, the best experiences are with my kids because they're huge Bills fans as well) 

4. Jim Kelly/Josh Allen

5. The first part of my forum name is obvious. Bills fan through and through! 619 stands for the area code I live in, which is San Diego

Okay, Bills Mafia, share (or flame) away.

Great job on a fun idea for a post.  Most of the members and admin in here are pretty cool, so I don’t see anyone complaining about this topic.

1. I probably started following them closely in 1990.  Team was on 🔥🔥🔥

2. Home playoff game versus Houston in 1988.  Everyone in town was buzzing

3. Watching the Comeback 1992.  Breaking the drought. 
4. Thurman Thomas/Josh Allen

5. it’s the name of a former pro wrestler.  I joined about a year ago and needed to come up with something fast.  That’s what I picked

Edited by JohnNord
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

All-time: Bruce Smith (with an honorable mention to Terrance McGee)

Every once in a while I call up the replay of Mcgee's miracle kickoff return against the Saints.  May be the greatest play in Bills history.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.