Spotrac spitballs C. Kirk & C. Williams to Bills

Estro

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Interesting…. Because for some reason I feel you don’t know her or their relationship at all…. I wouldn’t go by Instagram posts or Twitter feeds as an indication of how a relationship is going…

Very true.  I do know they have been together for 6 years.  She was with him draft night and has been a permanent presence during the season.  That seems more than a twitterverse relationship.

I agree though - no rush.

6 hours ago, JoeF said:

In the playoff game against the 49ers, Williams almost single-handedly stopped a drive with 3 penalties.  He had 17 flags on the year. Not sure he is a fit.  Penalties are mostly a lack of focus or bad technique.  Both things piss off Coach McD...

Kirk - sign me up.  Bills need to get younger at WR.  Kirk, Davis and Diggs would be a great core for a couple of years.

Every time I watch the cowboys (my brother is a fan) the guy is the weak link on that Oline, I'm not sure he would be an upgrade on our OL. I rather go into the year with Boettger, Rick Bates and a IOL draftee. 

24 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Brown only played a few games didn't he? He started the year played about 4 games was impossiy bad and so cut and they played Doug Legursky who they had signed as insurance at center for the then oft injured Wood as LG the rest of the year where he was little better. 

That is my recollection though memory might be failing.

PFF graded him the worst performing player in the entire National Foot-ball League!......... in week 1 of 2013 ;)

https://www.espn.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/818/pff-colin-brown-earns-worst-week-1-grade

8 minutes ago, Fixxxer said:

Every time I watch the cowboys (my brother is a fan) the guy is the weak link on that Oline, I'm not sure he would be an upgrade on our OL. I rather go into the year with Boettger, Rick Bates and a IOL draftee. 

Agreed on the IOL being addressed with Bates and a draft pick in the first 3 rounds. Boettger or another similar type vet as a backup and another late round draft pick. Beane will bring guys in to compete, but I don’t see anyone getting anything close to $7mil a season who isn’t already on the roster. 

8 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I wonder if we did sign Connor Williams, we could move Daryl Williams to LG?  
I really liked what I saw from Bates but that was only a 5-6 stretch?  We were fooled with Ryan Groy….remember him?

Bates has already been targeted to replace Morse. The time is now. Sign C Williams, and cut Feliciano and Morse to make room under the cap and improve your line. Yes!

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/21/2022 at 7:18 AM, TheBeaneBandit said:

Kirk would be a phenomenal add, but with the explosion in salaries, I could see some team with huge cap space give 15M per. I'm all in on 4 for 48.

Every time I saw Kirk play he underpreformed. I remember a couple of big games a couple of years ago. I think he might be a good compliment to our receiving core. However, I'm a bit tepid on him. He seems very inconsistent for that amout of money. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I wonder if we did sign Connor Williams, we could move Daryl Williams to LG?  
I really liked what I saw from Bates but that was only a 5-6 stretch?  We were fooled with Ryan Groy….remember him?

I'd be far more excited to see the interior OL bolstered than to acquire a receiver. I'd like to see 7 starting caliber OL on the roster- to include Bates.

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Brown only played a few games didn't he? He started the year played about 4 games was impossiy bad and so cut and they played Doug Legursky who they had signed as insurance at center for the then oft injured Wood as LG the rest of the year where he was little better. 

That is my recollection though memory might be failing.

Compared to Collin Brown, Douglas Mother ***** Legursky was the greatest of all time.

And that's how my username came to be.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Process said:

Surprised to see his 40 time at 4.46/4.48. That's not slow obviously but I thought he was a burner. 

Yeah I was hoping he was a little faster than that.  He's projected around 11.7/yr. We just don't have that cap. Sign McKenzie as your slot guy for alot less and say goodbye to Beas & Sanders.  You could still go after Jameson Williams. 

15 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

If I were FA WR, I'd look for a few things when choosing a team.

*  Does the team win?  Is it playoff caliber?

*  Do they throw a lot?

*  Is the QB any good?

*  What role do they want me to play?  Will I be featured or forgotten?  

*  How much are they willing to pay?

Perception

Reality.  Especially coming off a rookie deal and I don't blame them.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.