Stefon Diggs extension thoughts

Estro

14 minutes ago, transient said:

He went on to explain how he thought the best course of action would be to take the picks aquired in this trade, trade up to #4 and take the 3rd or 4th best WR in a WR loaded draft.

So Create a hole, to get all the assets to fill the hole.  Whaleys way actually

• Like (+1) 3

I wouldn’t doubt it.  I still think Beane wants to try and squeeze the most out of Diggs’ current contract and win the Lombardi this year.  I’d suspect that that he’ll try and throw him a few extra mill now to keep him happy for the season.  

30M aav ain’t no joke and I don’t blame Beane for not wanting to pay that kind of money for any non QB.  Should’ve paid him before this offseason….the WR pay scale is now broken. 

12 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Bills win super bowl and immediately trade Diggs before the draft for 2 1's and 2 2's. You guys wouldn't be ok with that?

I’d be on board with that

13 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Bills win super bowl and immediately trade Diggs before the draft for 2 1's and 2 2's. You guys wouldn't be ok with that?

I don’t think anyone would complain with that kind of haul, but there's ZERO chance Stef would fetch that much in return.

Edited by Chicken Boo
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I mean it'd leave a bad taste in my mouth most definitely.

Well, I mean.........you are only a Bills fan because you were following Josh Allen..........you root for the player first, team is relative............the majority of the fanbase is here to root for the laundry.

And actually Diggs going out on top would give him hero/cult status among the types of fans who worship Freddie Jackson and Kyle Williams etc..

This as opposed to underperforming his contract and bitterly playing out the string under fan/media scrutiny........which seems inevitable if a new contract takes him into his mid-30's.     For people who are attached to the player it might be a good ending while preparing the Bills for sustained success.

I dont see the upside in trading the guy right now.  His last two years have been the best of his career, he is incredibly close with your franchise QB, and he probably has 3-4 really good years left in the tank.    Sure you cut salary, but who replaces him?  Gabe Davis?  An unproven rookie?  Any veteran you bring in thats worth his weight will cost you what Diggs costs anyways.   Unless Diggs doesnt want to be here, which doesnt seem likely, why is this even a question right now?  They'll have the money to pay him next year, to me its a non-issue, and a product of the boring offseason.

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Well, I mean.........you are only a Bills fan because you were following Josh Allen..........you root for the player first, team is relative............the majority of the fanbase is here to root for the laundry.

And actually Diggs going out on top would give him hero/cult status among the types of fans who worship Freddie Jackson and Kyle Williams etc..

This as opposed to underperforming his contract and bitterly playing out the string under fan/media scrutiny........which seems inevitable if a new contract takes him into his mid-30's.     For people who are attached to the player it might be a good ending while preparing the Bills for sustained success.

That's how I got here but at this point I'd say I'm rooting for the team plenty too. I mean the idea that the Bills win a Super Bowl and then immediatly trade away one of the key pieces in doing that not being somewhat upsetting seems ridiculous to me. Not saying I don't understand the idea or that it might not be the better move at the time, it would just not be something I'd particularly enjoy. I mean I'm sad that Kyle Williams and Lorenzo Alexander won't be on the team when they win the Super Bowl, doesn't mean I don't understand why that's how it is.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

"will be traded" does not equal "could be traded"

Yeah, he really went out on the limb with the possibility that a player who wants a new contract could possibly be traded.  It’s exactly the kind of insight that I’ve come to expect from him. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.