Stefon Diggs extension thoughts

Estro

15 minutes ago, Laughing Coffin said:

thanks for assisting my point?  Reggie Wayne was a good receiver like Diggs is.  Diggs is actually better individually than Wayne.  Look at Wayne's stats decline post being teamed up with Harrison and in his 30s.  He's not and never has been an elite WR that couldn't be schemed out of games.  With a top QB like Allen, I don't see the desire to spend 20m+ on a WR into his 30s.  We should be living in the day 2 of the draft looking for WR talent to allow Allen to elevate

The dude went for 1300 at 34 and is gonna be a HoFr 

Diggs can play at a high level for at least 4 years

Edited by Buffalo716

1 minute ago, MrEpsYtown said:

GM Doug doesn't realize that we now have a GM who knows how the cap works. So we are good. 

Not really.  Beane is banking on the cap skyrocketing due to new TV deals.  Whaley didnt have that.  Whaley also didn't have Pegula bucks.

Edited by Back2Buff
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

If a WR is drafted within the first two rounds this year and proves he can play, next offseason may be very interesting! Diggs no doubt probably wants in the neighborhood of what Adams and Hill got and that’s not possible. An $8M bump to “only” $25M/yr may not be possible. Too many contracts are coming due in the next couple years.

Edited by JayBaller10

7 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Not really.  Beane is banking on the cap skyrocketing due to new TV deals.  Whaley didnt have that.  Whaley also didn't have Pegula bucks.

"Pegula bucks" are relevant how? Do you mean as in being able to pay upfront bonuses? Otherwise, the salary cap keeps things "equal".

1 minute ago, Back2Buff said:

Definitely true. The cap getting a huge increase will help dramatically. Hopefully Diggs will be wanting to stay in Buffalo & not pull a Tyreek, leaving behind a great QB & contending for SBs in favor of just money. 

Obviously making more money is important, but being a key member of a good organization that contends for SBs seems more enjoyable than wasting away on the Jets or Texans or something.

$25 million/yr on the Jags vs $19 million/yr on the Chiefs/Bills/Bucs/Rams/Bengals.... seems like a no-brainer to me. 

I might be in the minority here. I think a Diggs trade is a real possibility. Don't get me wrong I love Diggs and what he brings to the team. Last year, I thought he wasn't as dominate as the previous year. Many games he was a non factor probably due to double teams. He still is an elite number 1 receiver. However, a trade should be considered depending on what the Bills draft and how Davis and others develop. I believe Allen is good enough to win without Diggs. That money can be utilized to bolster the Oline, replace him, and running game. If the price is right I think Beane pulls the trigger. No one thought Adams or Hill would be traded so why not Diggs? Qbs make receivers. Wrs don't make QBs. 

I wouldn't be shocked and Im also not sure it wouldn't be the right move depending on what comes back. Given his age, what his contract demands are sure to be, and the wall that lots of WRs hit around 30 I don't think we want to be the team to write his next contract.

If he can be turned into another WR with more years of cheap team control I think that needs to be explored.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.