Letter: Bills should fire McDermott and hire a Black Head Coach.

Jpsredemption

2 minutes ago, Jpsredemption said:

Discuss. This is a letter on the Buffalo News Website. 

Try to provide some context here or substrate for reasonable discussion. 

I don't hang out there and read the letters, but I'm guessing that a lot of letters on TBN have ridiculous viewpoints. 

Why does this one deserve the Feels and the Clicks?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't hang out there and read the letters, but I'm guessing that a lot of letters on TBN have ridiculous viewpoints. 

I provided context and my opinion and my thread was shut down. I think the News is out of line for pushing this, I think the letter is racist, and I think it’s sickening. 

2 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

Apparently you wrote this letter?

No - I’m not a racist. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Jpsredemption said:

I provided context and my opinion and my thread was shut down. I think the News is out of line for pushing this, I think the letter is racist, and I think it’s sickening. 

No - I’m not a racist. 

I think we need more white people appalled at the racism they're subjected to in Umurica. Maybe they should form a group or something.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Jpsredemption said:

You can cut and paste any accurate information.  I agree with Simon that your original thread contained multiple misrepresentations - that it was 'the front page of the News" and not an opinion letter trending on their website etc etc.

A dude has an opinion you find racist and the news is publishing his letter.  Why do we care? 

Why is this not "someone was WRONG on the internet?"

If the News gave it a voice, and you disagree, isn't that a Good Thing? 

Isn't the usual complaint that media "censors" opinions? 

Just now, Jpsredemption said:

No - I’m not a racist. 

What is the letter's content, and why does it show the author is a "racist"?

You need to put more substrate into this thread ASAP, or it too will be shut down for race-baiting without relevance or substance.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Jpsredemption said:

No - I’m not a racist. 

I agree...Just because the racism is against white people, in this instance, does not mean it should be acceptable...

If the letter was written the other way around, The Buffalo News would be run out of town, and put out of business...

You don’t end racism by being more racist...That’s not how life works...👍

• Like (+1) 6

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

If people want to fight racism and help the disadvantaged, then they need to call out racism even when it’s uncomfortable or inconvenient, otherwise they’re seen as insincere and others who would otherwise join in the fight will simply shrug and move along.

that’s why it deserves to be called out IMHO

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, Jpsredemption said:

Discuss. This is a letter on the Buffalo News Website. 

OK I went and looked at your shut down thread:

1. It's not an article, it's a letter to the editor. 

2. It's not on the front page

3. You provide no substance - just "I can't read the article"

Let's reflect on this right now.  You actually can't read the article, but you're coming on here to inform us the author (whose article you can't read) is a racist.

You can't provide any substance - because you haven't read the article - yet you state "The news has fully endorsed racism"

Verdict: Race Baiting, No substance.

Lock.

10 minutes ago, julian said:

If people want to fight racism and help the disadvantaged, then they need to call out racism even when it’s uncomfortable or inconvenient, otherwise they’re seen as insincere and others who would otherwise join in the fight will simply shrug and move along.

that’s why it deserves to be called out IMHO

Dude, the guy provides no substance because he hasn't even READ the freaking letter.

That's what deserves to be called out - people waxing all indignant because "a guy on the internet said a thing" without having any actual facts about what was said and why it is or isn't racist.  For all we know the headline is sarcastic and the text takes an opposing view.

Somewhere Else, Not Here.  Take it to PPP if that kind of "don't hassle me with the Facts, Chuck" reaction is your thing.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 10