Front page of the Buffalo News

Jpsredemption

There is an article labeled, Title: Bills should fire McDermott and hire a black head coach. I’m glad the news has now fully endorsed racism. This is sickening. I can’t read the article because I’m not a paying subscriber, and for good reason but this would imply that McDermott be fired on the basis of his color and someone replace him on the basis of their color. Way to go again, media. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Two points: one it is a letter to the editor, so not an article but also I think it is sarcastic because it says that Goddell should fire himself and appoint a black man also. I wish I was more certain it was sarcasm. 

I don’t think it is sarcasm

Edited by HamSandwhich
  • Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Two points: one it is a letter to the editor, so not an article but also I think it is sarcastic because it says that Goddell should fire himself and appoint a black man also. I wish I was more certain it was sarcasm. 

Agreed. I am not sure if it is sarcasm or not. The letter is just weird. It doesn't make a good point either way, addressing four entirely different issues too briefly without any real insight or logic: the stadium, relocation McD's coaching in the AFC Divisionals, and racism.

Edited by chongli

16 minutes ago, Jpsredemption said:

There is an article labeled, Title: Bills should fire McDermott and hire a black head coach. I’m glad the news has now fully endorsed racism. This is sickening. I can’t read the article because I’m not a paying subscriber, and for good reason but this would imply that McDermott be fired on the basis of his color and someone replace him on the basis of their color. Way to go again, media. 

Can you try clearing your cache/cookies and/or use a different browser or device?

https://buffalonews.com/opinion/letters/letter-bills-should-fire-mcdermott-and-hire-a-black-head-coach/article_1402f4aa-8b76-11ec-9783-fb6469f4d133.html#tracking-source=home-trending

The clowns name is Joe Cyran. Just a schmuck that wrote a letter the the BN. But why would they put that on the front page or even publish it? The BN is just as bad as “Joe Cyran” for doing so.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

They publish letters to the editor on the front page?

I thought the editorial page was where they put this stuff?

It is on a sidebar on the front page, under "Trending News". This thread probably should be locked.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Beast said:

No it shouldn’t.

But it's not really news (it's a person who wrote a letter's corny opinion); and the first post is misleading, since it was just on a sidebar of trending news without the poster seeing the letter, not an actual article or opinion from a pundit. It's nothing to talk about, as no sane person would have this opinion.

Edited by chongli

Just now, chongli said:

But it's not really news (it's a person who wrote a letter's corny opinion) and the first post is misleading, since it was just on a sidebar of trending news without the poster seeing the letter. It's nothing to talk about, as no sane person would have this opinion.

Whatever the case may be, the BN has it on the front page. They control what’s on it and what isn’t. As in, giving such a stupid letter any credibility to begin with.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Beast said:

Whatever the case may be, the BN has it on the front page. They control what’s on it and what isn’t. As in, giving such a stupid letter any credibility to begin with.

Agreed, they are brining attention to the letter, probably in an attempt to drive up clicks. Or maybe it is an automated process, and the most clicked on links get posted under their trending news via algorithm.

Edited by chongli
  • Like (+1) 2