Bill Maher: Hero to the left or enemy of the people?

Westside

• 1 month later...

Free Speech Means Sometimes Explaining Jokes to Idiots, Like Bill Maher Just Did

When it comes to Free Speech and the freedom to speak your mind, Bill Maher gets it.

Now, let me set this out before I get to the main point of this article about idiots not getting jokes. Maher is NOT a conservative, and I have written about that previously with this post called, Don’t Put Classic Liberals Like Bill Maher on a Pedestal, but Appreciate Their Honesty. This is exactly what I’m doing

https://redstate.com/tladuke/2022/04/09/free-speech-means-sometimes-explaining-jokes-to-idiots-like-bill-maher-just-did-n547809

• Like (+1) 1

Tibs is as stupid as the libs in CA that I knew.  I have had friends in CAthat have asked  me what happens to Niagara Falls  in a dry summer. They think Tahoe is a great lake. I try to explain 20-25% of the fresh water on earth, running continuously for ~7000-10,000 years and its all lost on them.

• Like (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...

Bill Maher Mocks Twitter for Its Meltdown Over Elon: 'You Failed'

On his show Friday, Maher had a little fun, joking about Musk’s Twitter deal.

“Has Twitter failed in setting itself up in the past as the judge of what can go out there? And I would say yes, you have,” Maher said during a panel discussion Friday night.

“You failed when you threw the New York Post off of Twitter for talking about Hunter Biden’s emails. And it turned out that was a real story. You failed when you said we couldn’t read about whether COVID had come from a lab. You failed!”

He pointed out how even now, as Musk is about to take over, they’re still trying to stomp on content, with how they labeled a Babylon Bee satire video about the Twitter employee reaction to the Elon deal “sensitive content.” He pointed out how funny it was that Twitter went after a parody video about them being too sensitive — and proved their point.

“‘Sensitive content,’ Twitter said. In the video, they were making fun of Twitter for being too sensitive. This is so ‘Through the Looking Glass’!” Maher exclaimed. “This is well within what satire has always been. And the fact that they flagged this for being insensitive shows their complete lack of self-awareness about what their own problem is. If that’s where the line is, you have failed Twitter. You do need a new sheriff.”

I mean, this is a generation that doesn’t know what the word ‘violence’ means. They think ‘violence’ means ‘anything I don’t like.’ Their standard of free speech is ‘I’m uncomfortable.’ That’s not where the standard is, right?”

Maher blasted the education system for failing to teach “civics” to young people.

“Civics doesn’t exist anymore. They don’t know … ‘Free speech? What the f— does that mean? It hurt my feelings.’ That’s what matters to them.

https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2022/04/30/bill-maher-mocks-twitter-for-its-meltdown-over-elon-you-failed-n558117

• Like (+1) 1

He’s always been in the racist, conservative, intolerant faction of of center, similar to Trump’s faction of the GOP. It’s mostly white grievance and the battle against some “woke” boogeyman coming from him these days. 

Ratings caused him to find a center safe place to attack both sides.

• Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Governor said:

He’s always been in the racist, conservative, intolerant faction of of center, similar to Trump’s faction of the GOP. It’s mostly white grievance and the battle against some “woke” boogeyman coming from him these days. 

there ya go. so far left they push another common sense liberal who is on the team to the right. the flock just keeps getting smaller. when all is said and done who will bring home the wokey award by being the one TRUE victim?

keep us updated.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Governor said:

Wrong, he's great

It's just the Left is utter bananas right now (and will be probably forever until some foreign power eliminates them)

• Like (+1) 1

Bill Maher Blows up Some of the Democrat Lies About the SCOTUS Draft Opinion

FTA:  

Maher’s thought keeps showing how far left the left has gone. Maher is a liberal but he’s a liberal who still has some sense. He isn’t willing to throw all logic and reality under the bus for agenda like Begala. He’s also willing to call out the narratives when they’re false, even if blowing up the narrative doesn’t help the Democratic Party.

https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2022/05/07/bill-maher-blows-up-some-of-the-dem-lies-about-the-scotus-draft-opinion-n561333

On 4/30/2022 at 10:57 AM, Governor said:

Perfectly stated in liberal-speak buzz words and definitions.  Racist, check.  Conservative, check.  Intolerant, check.  And a real beauty, white grievance!  Check, love it,  I'm beginning to conclude you're a diversity trainer.

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...