Bill Maher: Hero to the left or enemy of the people?

Westside

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

He wants to ship our water to California. Forget that! I don’t care whatever else he says, that idea he’s pushing makes him a zero in my book 

Niagara Falls:
3,160 tons of water flows over Niagara Falls every second. This accounts for 75,750 gallons of water per second over the American and Bridal Veil Falls and 681,750 gallons per second over the Horseshoe Falls.

https://www.niagarafallsstatepark.com/niagara-falls-state-park/amazing-niagara-facts

Water flows out of Lake Ontario through the St. Lawrence River on its way to the Atlantic Ocean.

All that excess fresh water goes to the Atlantic Ocean or am I missing something. It would be at Calif. expense to to take that excess.

Should still leave plenty of flow on the St Lawrence to also run the Massena Power dam

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moses-Saunders_Power_Dam

Edited by ALF

He wants to ship our water to California. Forget that! I don’t care whatever else he says, that idea he’s pushing makes him a zero in my book 

It would again give Buffalo more millionaires per capita like in it’s heyday.  We have you now in record as being anti-Buffalo. 

Water is the new oil!

57 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

It’s all a system, you drain one lake, they all go down. California can desalinize water 

Where is the water going now?  

24 minutes ago, ALF said:

Niagara Falls:
3,160 tons of water flows over Niagara Falls every second. This accounts for 75,750 gallons of water per second over the American and Bridal Veil Falls and 681,750 gallons per second over the Horseshoe Falls.

https://www.niagarafallsstatepark.com/niagara-falls-state-park/amazing-niagara-facts

Water flows out of Lake Ontario through the St. Lawrence River on its way to the Atlantic Ocean.

All that excess fresh water goes to the Atlantic Ocean or am I missing something. It would be at Calif. expense to to take that excess.

Should still leave plenty of flow on the St Lawrence to also run the Massena Power dam

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moses-Saunders_Power_Dam

Let them take it from the end of the St. Lawrence seaway? And ship it all the way across the continent? Ok, if they can manage that. 

1 hour ago, Westside said:

Drain Lake Ontario? What are you, an imbecile? 
As far as you boycott the Olympics, first time I’m hearing this. 

Should I say a prayer for you?

Fun fact: (not sure if it’s true but it’s what I always heard)

If you drained the Great Lakes they would flood the ENTIRE lower forty eight United States under one foot of water. 

Let them take it from the end of the St. Lawrence seaway? And ship it all the way across the continent? Ok, if they can manage that. 

By tanker ship I would think then thru Panama Canal

Bill Maher torches LeBron James, John Cena, Eileen Gu for 'kowtowing' to China

by Joseph A. Wulfsohn

"Real Time" host Bill Maher closed his show Friday night by taking aim at American celebrities who he claimed "kowtow" to China. Maher kicked off the monologue by skewering Eileen Gu, the 18-year-old American-born Olympic gold medal skier who made headlines when she announced she was competing for China, her mother's homeland. "Is that cool now, to choose to represent a totalitarian police state over America?" Maher asked. "The Olympics pretends to only be about sports but of course, the games have always been a bit of a proxy war for which country has the best system

https://www.foxnews.com/media/bill-maher-lebron-james-john-cena-eileen-gu-china

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Any of you ever hear about the California Aqueduct? Hint: It already exists! Next.

Yes. We steal water from NorCal.  We had to deal with the water Nazis up there while the Coachella valley in the middle of the California desert is a green golfing paradise. LOL 

20 hours ago, Westside said:

Everyone knows Maher has been a liberal for as long as he’s been on television. Recently he’s been criticizing the biden administration for some of the ridiculous covid mandates and the supposed science behind.

Has his behavior towards the Democratic Party sit well with the libs on this board? Has he changed your view on some of these crazy policies the left has embraced or is he now a enemy?

What we see happening to Maher has been the natural authoritarian and  leftward progression of American politics the last 100 years...

It’s not that people become more conservative over time...But rather, liberals, like Maher usually maintain their political stances most of their lives...It’s only because our government has continued  to grow more authoritarian, and promotes an ever expanding Leftist ideology, it makes a liberal, like Maher, seem more right wing, even though he is not...

A true liberal believes in free speech and bodily autonomy...we are opposed to censorship, like Maher...And anyone who opposes free speech, through censorship, is the very definition of a fascist...Why? Because a free democratic society requires open debate and discussion of issues to make informed decisions...We also believe it is government’s job to offer services and solutions to problems, while NOT imposing them on you...👍

However, the government has done a very good job, over the last generation, of convincing people that anyone who is for free speech, or bodily autonomy is a fascist or white supremacist...This is classic Marxist strategy, so that people will, willingly, advocate for a more fascistic and authoritarian government, and, willfully, surrender their civil rights and individual liberties...It’s diabolically genius... And this is precisely why a Liberal, like Maher, or Dave Chapelle, is opposed to it...

I am a liberal who is anti war, and supports free speech, and bodily autonomy like Maher...However, most people today, who think they are liberal, are actually more authoritarian, and support the government using fascistic means, to shut down speech they disagree with, and force medicate the population at the behest of Big Pharma...That is NOT liberalism, but fascism...

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

I can remember when liberals had bumper stickers on their cars that said:

I may not agree with what you say but I will fight for your right say it.

I’m old enough to remember when all the drugs just made them really, really mellow. I liked the classic peace loving, bra burning, draft dodging liberals way better than the current cranky model. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’m old enough to remember when all the drugs just made them really, really mellow. I liked the classic peace loving, bra burning, draft dodging liberals way better than the current cranky model. 

They are not the same group

I can also remember when liberals defended the Nazi party's right to a parade in Skokie, IL. A city with 50% Jewish population.

The First Amendment principles that apply to prior restraints are straightforward. While any effort to censor by punishing a speaker after the fact is likely to violate the First Amendment, preventing the speech ahead of time is even more likely to violate the Constitution, even where the anticipated speech is profoundly offensive and hateful. Central to the ACLU’s mission is the understanding that if the government can prevent lawful speech because it is offensive and hateful, then it can prevent any speech that it dislikes. In other words, the power to censor Nazis includes the power to censor protesters of all stripes and to prevent the press from publishing embarrassing facts and criticism that government officials label as “fake news.” Ironically, Skokie’s efforts to enjoin the Nazi demonstration replicated the efforts of Southern segregationist communities to enjoin civil rights marches led by Martin Luther King during the 1960s.

https://www.aclu.org/issues/free-speech/rights-protesters/skokie-case-how-i-came-represent-free-speech-rights-nazis

• Like (+1) 2

On 2/19/2022 at 11:30 PM, Westside said:

Everyone knows Maher has been a liberal for as long as he’s been on television. Recently he’s been criticizing the biden administration for some of the ridiculous covid mandates and the supposed science behind.

Has his behavior towards the Democratic Party sit well with the libs on this board? Has he changed your view on some of these crazy policies the left has embraced or is he now a enemy?

He has always had criticism fir any idiot, Biden, trump, whoever

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

Bill Maher is an old school Liberal, he was always against the pc culture, back when it wasn’t so identifiable with the left.  Now that being pc or woke is so part of the modern day lefty, they hate him for it.

Its not that Maher has shifted away from his roots, it’s the left who have shifted away from him.

• Like (+1) 2