Bill Maher: Hero to the left or enemy of the people?

Westside

Everyone knows Maher has been a liberal for as long as he’s been on television. Recently he’s been criticizing the biden administration for some of the ridiculous covid mandates and the supposed science behind.

Has his behavior towards the Democratic Party sit well with the libs on this board? Has he changed your view on some of these crazy policies the left has embraced or is he now a enemy?

1 hour ago, Westside said:

You did during Trumps presidency 

reddogblitz Rule is true again!  

I've been watching Bill Maher since he was on every night on the Politically Incorrect show before he got fired. Then I had HBO for a while and watched him there.  Now I watch every episode on YouTube.

I have been wondering what was up with him.  Before the election and  afterwards he was a donkey team back pocket boy.  I guess he could only do that for so long.   What he's doing now is what he's always done.  

Maybe since he was in the donkey team back pocket they thought he was one of them?

Edited by reddogblitz
  • Like (+1) 1

I think Maher is trying to save the Democrat party first which is fine - if we can get to a place where we primarily fight about tax cuts, the deficit, inflation, jobs, energy, immigration, and education, then we've saved America in the process.  

But as Bear Dog notes, we are too far gone because the base of the Democrats are full on fascist thugs.  Their platform should just say the following:  "More power and more control.  You will own nothing and be happy."  It's a coup.  The Democrat Party is Un American.  Is controlled by China.  And gives zero Fs about the belief in America and its mission.  It openly mocks it now.  Thereby to vote for them is completely Un American.

The second Maher gives them reason to cancel him they will.  If they ditched Rogan they'll ditch anyone.

Secession.  

Remember.  This s**t head is paid by some Dem Super PAC somewhere or is actually funded by the DNC.  

All you need to know about what's happened to these psychopaths

Edited by Big Blitz

Love Maher.  Criticizing your own side is healthy.   One of the things I despise about the right is that they don't do it nearly enough.  Don't always agree with everything he says but I'm with him 75% of the time.  He's not as good at interviews imo there's a tendency he has to misunderstand people's points but overall he's amazing.   Not many people last as long as he has.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

He wants to ship our water to California. Forget that! I don’t care whatever else he says, that idea he’s pushing makes him a zero in my book 

I’ll bet if we asked a few years ago, you’d be on his jock strap. He’s right about the idiocy of the ideologues ideologies on the left. Most other things he’s wrong on. At least he’s calling what he sees as it is from his own side. We need more of there centrist liberals to stand up and say enough is enough to entice change. 

2 minutes ago, HamSandwhich said:

I’ll bet if we asked a few years ago, you’d be on his jock strap. He’s right about the idiocy of the ideologues ideologies on the left. Most other things he’s wrong on. At least he’s calling what he sees as it is from his own side. We need more of there centrist liberals to stand up and say enough is enough to entice change. 

He’s calling for our water. Screw that 

12 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

He wants to ship our water to California. Forget that! I don’t care whatever else he says, that idea he’s pushing makes him a zero in my book 

You would tolerate American citizens and politicians kowtowing to china at the expense of the United States, but draw the line at shipping water to California?

You, just like biden are china’s B word.

1 minute ago, Westside said:

You would tolerate American citizens and politicians kowtowing to china at the expense of the United States, but draw the line at shipping water to California?

You, just like biden are china’s B word.

You are ok with draining Lake Ontario? 

And i think we should have boycotted the Olympics, so shut your pie hole! 

But hope you have a nice day 

Just now, HamSandwhich said:

Are you in the business of only looking at thing and judging a person by that single thing? Book and cover? 

He’s pushing the idea, so screw him 

Just now, Westside said:

Yes he is. 

Shouldn’t you be getting ready for church? 

Just now, Tiberius said:

Drain Lake Ontario? What are you, an imbecile? 
As far as you boycott the Olympics, first time I’m hearing this. 

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

He’s pushing the idea, so screw him 

Shouldn’t you be getting ready for church? 

Should I say a prayer for you?

1 hour ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Love Maher.  Criticizing your own side is healthy.   One of the things I despise about the right is that they don't do it nearly enough.  Don't always agree with everything he says but I'm with him 75% of the time.  He's not as good at interviews imo there's a tendency he has to misunderstand people's points but overall he's amazing.   Not many people last as long as he has.

I have never watched the guy and could barely give two ***** but your first two sentences are spot on.

18 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I'm no geography wiz but wouldn't it be a shorter path to drain Lake Superior?  I expect international agreements with Canada over the "shared" resource of the Great Lakes would impede such an idea. 

2 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I'm no geography wiz but wouldn't it be a shorter path to drain Lake Superior?  I expect international agreements with Canada over the "shared" resource of the Great Lakes would impede such an idea. 

It’s all a system, you drain one lake, they all go down. California can desalinize water