Josh is the only QB on the roster... who's going to back him up?

transplantbillsfan

3 hours ago, Another Fan said:

The Bengals won the AFC North Division and their first playoff win this year was at home against the Raiders

Care to revise your statement?  

My bad..had a brain cramp. But the point remains they won two road games to make it there.

2 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I would take Tyrod to start in Detroit, Chicago, Steelers, Giants, and Carolina as constituted right now. You pick him to steady the team while trying to find better. Don't forget we were paying him 18 a year a few years ago. 

Goff and Fields are both better options than Tyrod. I’d give Daniel Jones more of an opportunity too. Carolina, maybe but they are better off exploring another option. Steelers fans would revolt if they brought in Tyrod to replace Ben.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/19/2022 at 4:38 AM, BillsFanForever19 said:

If a team doesn't sign Mitch to be a bridge gap or there isn't a team that wants him with a shaky QB at 1 - he'll be back. 

If there is and he's gone - it'll be either Jameis Winston, Jacoby Brissett, Teddy Bridgewater, Andy Dalton, Marcus Mariota, Ryan Fitzpatrick, or Tyrod Taylor. Off chance of Cam Newton if there's history with McBeane and they (for some unknown reason) think he could still be good in a pinch under them.

I would want Mitch back first.  I think someone will sign him to a decent contract as a starter.  I don't think he will be back.

I would like in this order....

Ryan Fitzpatrick

Marcus Mariota

Jacoby Brissett

Jameis Winston

Teddy Bridgewater

No thanks on Andy Dalton, Tyrod Taylor and Cam Newton  

• Dislike 1

5 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Since home games don't really seem to matter that much in the playoffs anymore, I don't really think it matters too much where we play..

Cincy made the Super Bowl with only one home game and TB won it as a wildcard last year with no home games.

Except McDermott’s Bills are 3-0 at home in the playoffs and 0-4 on the road.

• Like (+1) 3

10 hours ago, BobbyC81 said:

I thought he was going to go to the Giants with Daboll?

It's been speculated by writers who are connecting dots, but there's been nothing beyond speculation. Depends what his thoughts are on Daniel Jones.

I think bringing in Mitch when you're performing at the level of Jones right now sends a clear message he's on a short leash and Daboll thinks he needs a big time insurance policy in place. 

54 minutes ago, Manther said:

I would want Mitch back first.  I think someone will sign him to a decent contract as a starter.  I don't think he will be back.

I would like in this order....

Ryan Fitzpatrick

Marcus Mariota

Jacoby Brissett

Jameis Winston

Teddy Bridgewater

No thanks on Andy Dalton, Tyrod Taylor and Cam Newton  

For me it's:

Jameis Winston

Teddy Bridgewater

Marcus Mariota

Jacoby Brissett

Ryan Fitzpatrick 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

19 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

While you can certainly find anecdotal evidence to the contrary, statistically having home field in games is an advantage.  

That reads like one of those great explanations that Spock would give to Kirk or McCoy, especially when the initial question was posed figuratively. 

That's not at all a 'knock' on your observation.  It just took me back to my yute. 😁

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Draft one late and get an UDFA that can run and throw a bit and if a cheap serviceable vet happens along after the draft scoop him up.

14 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

That reads like one of those great explanations that Spock would give to Kirk or McCoy, especially when the initial question was posed figuratively. 

That's not at all a 'knock' on your observation.  It just took me back to my yute. 😁

Or Mondays on the Space/ Sci/Fi chanel ;)

4 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Kyle Allen....3 yrs/ 2.8 total....decent young backup who could win you a game or two. Then draft late a PS guy.

Drafted needs to be on the roster a UDFA goes to the squad.

• Thank you (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

I get that a lot. 

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.