Josh is the only QB on the roster... who's going to back him up?

transplantbillsfan

Lost in the offseason discussion seems to be that we now only have 1 QB on our roster:

Josh Allen

Beane's approach last offseason to bring Trubisky in makes me doubt we'll let a 5th round drafted rookie QB be 1 snap away from getting under center, which means one of our FA acquisitions this offseason is going to be a vet FA QB... which costs money.

PLUS one of our draft picks is likely going to be a QB because... well... we only have Josh...

and unlike the Matrix... there CANNOT be only one...

QB...

on an NFL roster :flirt:

• Like (+1) 1

I guess when I look at roster needs I don't have this on it.  not like Beane doesn't know he needs at least 3 QBS

2 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Sam Darnold...There’s no way a team brings him in to compete for starter next season, and he will need a job...2 yrs, $7 mil 👍

I don't have a problem with Sam, I thought Carolina picked up his option (?)

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Sam Darnold...There’s no way a team brings him in to compete for starter next season, and he will need a job...2 yrs, $7 mil 👍

The best choice would be someone who plays similar to Josh.  Darnold is not a running threat.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

The Panthers stupidly picked up his fifth year option of 18.9 million guaranteed last offseason.  They still owe him that money even if they cut him.  We could maybe give them a 7th rounder for him if they pick up say at least 15 to 17 million of his salary.  If not, its probably someone like Jacoby Brissett on a one year deal slightly above the vet minimum.

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, JaCrispy said:

He’s not a good QB, not worth 3.5 million a year,  not worth more that 1.5 per. Figures that Carolina would pay a back up 18 million dollars

Edited by Don Otreply

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.