What would it take to get Chase Young?

Weatherman

6 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

This would be a very dumb trade if it even approached those Mack numbers. Josh Allen needs blockers and better weapons, not more first roud defensive picks. This team is built around Josh and the sport is now built on offense.

Hopefully McBeane won't be stupid enough to do a trade like this.

And stopping those offenses is how you win championships. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Weatherman said:

Are sacks the only metric we’re looking at?  How about TFL, QB Hurries/pressures, FF, FR?  

In 9 games last year:

1.5 Sacks

3 tackles for loss

2 forced fumbles 

0 fumbles recovered

I don’t know about you, but I’m ready to crown him a Hall of Famer.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Answer to original question is not enough.  Only thing Bills have that they’d trade Young for is Allen and that ain’t happening in a million years. The 25th pick and late 1st rounders for the foreseeable future ain’t gonna help Washington land a franchise QB.  

Didn’t the Bills package a bunch of picks in multiple moves to get to draft Allen?

Seems to me 25 could help them do just that especially when they already pick at 11 (and 42). 

1 hour ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Outscoring them is how you win.  Stopping then means nothing if you can’t outscore them

back on topic.  

We’re discussing trading for Chase Young.  Good luck with that.  

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Didn’t the Bills package a bunch of picks in multiple moves to get to draft Allen?

Seems to me 25 could help them do just that especially when they already pick at 11 (and 42). 

They would have to have a trade partner with a QB they wanted lined up and that partner would have to prefer our picks over Young or Sweat.  That scenario is unlikely to say the least. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, papazoid said:

considering the bills picks are in the high 25's .....it would take 3 first rounders and a massive contract extension when he's due

neither side would take that

You would at least be looking at the 25th pick plus next years first and a couple of other picks plus maybe a throw in like Boogie or AJ. I just don't see the Bills doing that for a player coming off of an ACL. 

17 hours ago, Weatherman said:

https://www.nbcsportsedge.com/football/nfl/player-news/10601761

Supposedly, the Commanders want to start over and May need ammo to trade for or draft a QB.  A Chase Young quality DE on this team and we are instant Super Bowl favorites.  What would fair market value be?  Do we have the ammo?  Khalil Mack cost was 2 #1’s a #3 and #6 for KM and a #2.  

Good lord…it truly is going to be a long offseason around here.  

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, Rigotz said:

In 9 games last year:

1.5 Sacks

3 tackles for loss

2 forced fumbles 

0 fumbles recovered

I don’t know about you, but I’m ready to crown him a Hall of Famer.

How’d he do the previous year?  Who said anything about the HOF?  He had a solid rookie campaign 7.5 sacks, 4FF, 3 FR, and crowned DROY.  We don’t have a single DE on this team that can effectively rush the passer.  Rousseau is still an unknown and everyone else most likely wouldn’t be starters on any team in the league.  

Edited by Weatherman

4 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

I understand this Bro and a part of me pines for the "good old days" when Jack Tatum could flat out destroy receivers over the middle, even on incomplete passes 3 feet over the receiver's outstretched arms. I also miss Earl Campbell just running into defenders and knocking them into next week. 

The thing is, those days are all but gone. Brady at 44? Years ago he might not have made it to 34.  Josh Allen is the real deal and the answer to the Bills problems....providing he stays healthy.  He needs better weapons and he needs better blocking. When he gets these things, we will win a Super Bowl, perhaps several of them.

I hope that we can have a cyber handshake and agree to disagree. 👍🙂🏈

As always, the above is jmo.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, mannc said:

Not as bad as all those off-season years in the 17 year drought.  I remember that was the only thing I looked forward to, the off-season... Lol

Go Bills!!

1 hour ago, Bill from NYC said:

I understand this Bro and a part of me pines for the "good old days" when Jack Tatum could flat out destroy receivers over the middle, even on incomplete passes 3 feet over the receiver's outstretched arms. I also miss Earl Campbell just running into defenders and knocking them into next week. 

The thing is, those days are all but gone. Brady at 44? Years ago he might not have made it to 34.  Josh Allen is the real deal and the answer to the Bills problems....providing he stays healthy.  He needs better weapons and he needs better blocking. When he gets these things, we will win a Super Bowl, perhaps several of them.

I hope that we can have a cyber handshake and agree to disagree. 👍🙂🏈

As always, the above is jmo.

Do you need to be reminded Josh had us 90 seconds and 13 seconds away from most likely an NFL championship and the Defense completely failed him?  Defense wins championships…ask the Bengals I’m sure they would agree.  

4 hours ago, mannc said:

Thanks for the contribution to the thread.  

Edited by Weatherman

1 minute ago, Weatherman said:

Do you need to be reminded Josh had us 90 seconds and 13 seconds away from most likely an NFL championship and the Defense completely failed him?  Defense wins championships…ask the Bengals I’m sure they would agree.  

Yes. Thanks for the reminder. 

Please keep teaching me about football; I have so much to learn from you. Do bring up some more trade scenarios in which we give up years of draft picks for a defender but next time, make it a trade for a defensive back, OK? 👍👌👍 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Yes. Thanks for the reminder. 

Please keep teaching me about football; I have so much to learn from you. Do bring up some more trade scenarios in which we give up years of draft picks for a defender but next time, make it a trade for a defensive back, OK? 👍👌👍 

I put him on ignore long ago.  Do yourself a favor.  Do the same.

I forgot he existed until this insightful thread made its way into my life.  

• Eyeroll 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.