What would it take to get Chase Young?

Weatherman

4 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Even if we were to consider this trade, I don’t think Washington would or could do it. Getting our 25th pick (and any futures) and with their 11th pick, really wouldn’t be worth enough to move very high up in the draft this year. And even if it were, it doesn’t seem like there is much elite QB talent in this draft.

i think what WFT is probably thinking is doing Young for Russell Wilson or another existing star. 

I agree. Most likely scenario for something like this is, a qb Washington covets drops further than he should, and there's a 3 way deal, where Washington packages our picks to another team ahead on the board. Pickett?

I dunno why I'm entertaining this lol it's like me planning the perfect date with Scarlett Johansen, just in case

7 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

I understand that the Commanders defensive line is loaded, but Young would be a lot for them to part with.

For argument's sake, if the Bills were to pull this type of trade off, they would also have to pay him top dollar. Can the Bills do that?

Isn't he still on rookie deal? I don't think he can get an extension yet.

This would be a very dumb trade if it even approached those Mack numbers. Josh Allen needs blockers and better weapons, not more first roud defensive picks. This team is built around Josh and the sport is now built on offense.

Hopefully McBeane won't be stupid enough to do a trade like this.

Edited by Bill from NYC
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, papazoid said:

considering the bills picks are in the high 25's .....it would take 3 first rounders and a massive contract extension when he's due

neither side would take that

This, plus no college scout or nfl pundit says there’s 1st Round talent for qb this Draft.

Typical fair weatherman forecast 🤦‍♂️

Edited by Chandler#81
  • Dislike 1

7 hours ago, Augie said:

Besides, the existence of this thread precludes this from EVER happening. Hypothetical trade threads are NOT allowed to come to existence per Jim Facenda and the other Gods of football. 

…I’m pretty sure. 

Counterpoint: We pretty much spoke the Diggs trade into existence a full year before it happened 😂

8 hours ago, Weatherman said:

The picks provide them Ammo to trade for one.  

If Young is so worth giving up high picks for...why would another team want the picks over Young? Why wouldn't they just take Young plus the Commanders picks?

11 hours ago, Weatherman said:

https://www.nbcsportsedge.com/football/nfl/player-news/10601761

Supposedly, the Commanders want to start over and May need ammo to trade for or draft a QB.  A Chase Young quality DE on this team and we are instant Super Bowl favorites.  What would fair market value be?  Do we have the ammo?  Khalil Mack cost was 2 #1’s a #3 and #6 for KM and a #2.  

Us having th 25th this year and most likely having a higher pick next year is a non-starter.

Teams looking to move up in a draft need picks as low as possible to have the ability to maneuver.  Packaging a 25th and potentially the same, or higher, in next years doesn’t get you in the top 5 IMHO.

10 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Starting over with a good pass rusher on a rookie deal seems like a good idea.  Why on earth would they want to trade him?

I live in the DC area, and they are not dealing a guy who is their best player, and who is still on a cheap rookie contract.   and of course Bills don't have the cap space to pay him ultimately anyway.   So that's a dead duck.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

Multiple first round picks

28 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

I live in the DC area, and they are not dealing a guy who is their best player, and who is still on a cheap rookie contract.   and of course Bills don't have the cap space to pay him ultimately anyway.   So that's a dead duck.  

There are reports everyone on the roster is available if it helps them obtain a franchise QB

12 hours ago, ToGoGo said:

I hear that a lot from Bills fans. 

"Hey, TJ Watt is available"

"Hard pass. Wouldnt touch him with a 10 foot pole. Maybe for a 6th"  

They feel some sort of power from it, I think. 

You mean JJ Watt 

12 hours ago, Weatherman said:

Please do explain.  He has been great every year except this year because he was hurt.  

My take is that he has all the talent in the world but has failed to develop.  He's currently a one trick pony rushing around the edge getting pushed wide just about every time- like in the Bills game.  Maybe he gets to work and develops some counters, but as of now he's been disappointing especially given the talent he is working next to on that line and his immense physical gifts.

11 hours ago, Rigotz said:

This. 

If we were going to overpay for a defensive end, there are about 10-20 guys I would want over Chase Young for the 1st Rounder+ it would take.

Lol “Hall Of Fame Talent” …

Just FYI, he had 1.5 sacks this year in 9 games and was constantly out of position. He’s a huge reason why the Redskins defense regressed badly this year.

Rigotz, is it?  I won't forget the name.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.