What would it take to get Chase Young?

Weatherman

46 minutes ago, klos63 said:

So you want to trade Allen for him?

The picks provide them Ammo to trade for one.  

40 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

They should go knocking on the Texans door. No other team with a franchise QB is giving him up for Chase Young.

Most draft experts aren’t predicting QB’s to go in the first couple picks this year.  Maybe they need the ammo to get to #1 or #2 similar to how the Bills moved up for Allen.  It’s a stretch, regardless.  

1 hour ago, Weatherman said:

https://www.nbcsportsedge.com/football/nfl/player-news/10601761

Supposedly, the Commanders want to start over and May need ammo to trade for or draft a QB.  A Chase Young quality DE on this team and we are instant Super Bowl favorites.  What would fair market value be?  Do we have the ammo?  Khalil Mack cost was 2 #1’s a #3 and #6 for KM and a #2.  

No way we can pull this off.  Only reason Bears did was because they had Trubisky for a while on a rookie deal.  They made that trade hoping Trubisky would pan out too.

Bills already paid Allen, they can’t afford to part with a bounty of picks too get one guy, especially one coming off a major season ending injury like his that can take a full season of playing before you really know what kind of player they are after the injury. 

And like I’ve had said in other threads, we were 5th in the NFL in QB pressure and 10th in sacks while not blitzing a lot.  We are no where near as bad as people think in our pass rush and also have 3 picks the last 2 drafts in first 2 rounds to get on the field more as it is.  

We won’t likely be making any kind of crazy big trade like this for any DE, nor do we need to.  CB, DT, and OL are more critical off-season needs.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

If we are trading for someone I actually like the idea of trading for Khalil Mack. He would be a lot cheaper than what the Bears had to give up to get him a few years ago. Two questions though. Does he fit our defense and can we afford the cap hit? Bears are not in win now mode so they might be open to the idea of getting an extra first rounder or a couple day two picks to build the team for the future.

1 hour ago, SWATeam said:

All name no game.

This. 

If we were going to overpay for a defensive end, there are about 10-20 guys I would want over Chase Young for the 1st Rounder+ it would take.

1 hour ago, Chicken Boo said:

They're not trading him under any circumstances.  You have a Hall of Fame talent on his rookie deal and he's a hometown kid.

It's not happening.  Especially under a defensive mind at HC like Rivera.

Lol “Hall Of Fame Talent” …

Just FYI, he had 1.5 sacks this year in 9 games and was constantly out of position. He’s a huge reason why the Redskins defense regressed badly this year.

the way our D line is currently constructed......

i would rather move Oliver to DE and roll with youth  rousseau, basham and espenesa. get rid of hughes, star, addison, butler, obada. reallocate those $$

i like harrison and zimmerman but they aint good enough either.

what we really need are two large DT's  who can stuff the run.....along with 2 CB's and 2 OL's

37 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

No way we can pull this off.  Only reason Bears did was because they had Trubisky for a while on a rookie deal.  They made that trade hoping Trubisky would pan out too.

Bills already paid Allen, they can’t afford to part with a bounty of picks too get one guy, especially one coming off a major season ending injury like his that can take a full season of playing before you really know what kind of player they are after the injury. 

And like I’ve had said in other threads, we were 5th in the NFL in QB pressure and 10th in sacks while not blitzing a lot.  We are no where near as bad as people think in our pass rush and also have 3 picks the last 2 drafts in first 2 rounds to get on the field more as it is.  

We won’t likely be making any kind of crazy big trade like this for any DE, nor do we need to.  CB, DT, and OL are more critical off-season needs.

Besides, the existence of this thread precludes this from EVER happening. Hypothetical trade threads are NOT allowed to come to existence per Jim Facenda and the other Gods of football. 

…I’m pretty sure. 

• Awesome! (+1) 2

47 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Meanwhile watch the Chiefs go sign OBJ this offseason to add to their skills group…. Beanies a wizard though, I know. 

That Josh Gordon signing worked out great for them.  I'd be psyched if OBJ was theirr plan for a #2 WR.  A 30 year old coming off of two ACL tears on the same knee who pry won't even be ready to play by November if he's lucky.

15 minutes ago, Weatherman said:

He’s on the 3rd year of his rookie deal.  It’s not a monster contract.

Isn't there some excuse I can come up with to NOT want the Bills to add talent at an important position? I'll say anything. I'll downplay how good of a player he is, I'll pretend he has a destructive personality like that diva Stefon Diggs, I'll over-dramatize the loss of draft picks, I'll pretend our current players at the position are better than they are, something something salary cap...anything! 

I know the trade is unlikely to happen so I need to find a way to preemptively not want it to happen in the first place. The soothing of my worries is more important than the Bills winning championships.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.