Who can fix school systems?

23 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

@Tiberius or @Backintheday544 I am truly hoping you can give me some thoughts on how we can fix schools that can be acceptable to your beliefs? As I stated in Orange County right now every failing school is in a blue section of town, how do we fix it?

Everyone should pull themselves up by the bootstrap and send their kids to private education like me? Don’t know what you’re looking for here.

Public school has been broke for decades.

I’d start by watching the Revionaries as a start: https://www.pbs.org/independentlens/documentaries/revisionaries/

After that I’d look at a system that doesn’t have schools being paid for via real estate taxes.

Fund students. People love to hate on vouchers but if you pool the education money and tie money to the kids (same amount for each kid by age) and let the parents decide where that money goes via enrollment, you’ll see a lot of issues go away. 

Do that, ensure absolute transparency and accountability from educators, and free up any restrictions currently on home schooling. 

49 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

@Tiberius or @Backintheday544 I am truly hoping you can give me some thoughts on how we can fix schools that can be acceptable to your beliefs? As I stated in Orange County right now every failing school is in a blue section of town, how do we fix it?

So hard to measure butthis list has most of the good school systems in the blue states 

https://worldpopulationreview.com/state-rankings/public-school-rankings-by-state

Makes sense, why would red states that won’t accept health care money for their own citizens spend heavily on education? 

27 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

So hard to measure butthis list has most of the good school systems in the blue states 

https://worldpopulationreview.com/state-rankings/public-school-rankings-by-state

Makes sense, why would red states that won’t accept health care money for their own citizens spend heavily on education? 

From your article.

There are about 51 million public school students in the United States. While far from perfect, public schools play a vital role in their respective communities. Public schools improve their communities and the welfare of children.

Far from perfect but they play a vital role?  Far from perfect??  I guess I shouldn't be surprised that far from perfect seems to be good enough for a government entity.  Imagine a publicly traded company putting that in their quarterly report.  "While we are far from perfect we are working diligently to get our share price out of the cellar."  :wacko:

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, BillStime said:

You seem really triggered about white trash - did I hit a nerve 1%er?

What’s this fixation with triggered? If that’s your goal in life then the title Racist Loser should be your new screen name. And to answer your question…. still winning! 

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

What’s this fixation with triggered? If that’s your goal in life then the title Racist Loser should be your new screen name. And to answer your question…. still winning! 

Your knee jerk reactions are cute - aka - triggered. And stop projection.

Whats this fixation with winning especially when you’re a big loser?

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

I am sorry but this list is complete garbage, in what world is a NY student safer than an Idaho student? Not just a little safer but much safer? (10 vs 50) that being said judging schools on numbers without mainly discussing results is not very valid. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I am sorry but this list is complete garbage, in what world is a NY student safer than an Idaho student? Not just a little safer but much safer? (10 vs 50) that being said judging schools on numbers without mainly discussing results is not very valid. 

You just don’t agree with it so you bad mouth it. Whatever 

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Repetition of this false narrative doesn't make it any less of a lie.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Who is Billsy kidding? Liberals probably love something like this. They’d probably have a class in it as an expression of sexual identity! 

Only if they get to ***** the kids after. 

• Shocked 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Controversy erupts after parents of Los Alamitos fifth-graders learn of sleeping arrangements at camp

The parents say their fifth-grade girls told them some of the biologically male counselors at Camp Pali in San Bernardino who use they/them pronouns spent three nights sleeping in cabins with the young girls.

"Per California law, we place staff in cabins they identify with,” Emmi Teige, assistant director of Camp Pali, confirmed.

https://ktla.com/news/controversy-erupts-after-parents-of-los-alamitos-fifth-graders-learn-of-sleeping-arrangements-at-camp/

When societal norms are destroyed.

Secession 

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Controversy erupts after parents of Los Alamitos fifth-graders learn of sleeping arrangements at camp

The parents say their fifth-grade girls told them some of the biologically male counselors at Camp Pali in San Bernardino who use they/them pronouns spent three nights sleeping in cabins with the young girls.

"Per California law, we place staff in cabins they identify with,” Emmi Teige, assistant director of Camp Pali, confirmed.

https://ktla.com/news/controversy-erupts-after-parents-of-los-alamitos-fifth-graders-learn-of-sleeping-arrangements-at-camp/

When societal norms are destroyed.

Secession 

Yes California is ***** up but then again it’s mid-February and I’m sitting by the pool. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1