Why the hate for The Ringer and Bill Simmons - comments on the Bills and Josh Allen

Billsfan1972

So he's a Boston fan, and will talk himself into backing the Patriots, Bruins, Celtics and Red Sox, but he is a great listen, knows his stuff and The Ringer has great podcasts and articles, but when mentioned here, always a few have to announce they dislike him.  Loves pop culture too.  

Not sure why people here feel that way or need to announce it, without ever an explanation. Is it because he's such a Boston homer & thus a result of how the Pats made the Bills their whipping boys for 12-15 yards?  Is it because they are upset at his success and friends?  

Anyways he was talking about the SB and in two separate podcasts said about the game just 'how bad Josh Allen and Bills fans must have felt watching the game in disgust, knowing how much better they were'.

He also lamented seeing, Allen, Burrow, Mahomes, Herbert, Jackson(not on the same level) in the conference, and the Pats have Jones.

He talks like someone here on TBD who's a fan.  Great cast of characters and contributors too.

Edited by Billsfan1972
More details
  • Vomit 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

ummm, has there been a big movement against bill simmons around here that i'm missing?

speaking of Bills haters. Nick Wrong came out and said the same thing earlier in the week. Basically said if he was a bills fan watching the superbowl he'd be sick to his stomach knowing we would have rolled both the teams playing.

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Explanation?  Or just because he's Boston native.

His entire brand is "Masshole who knows little to nothing about sports outside of the Boston market." He's like Dave Portnoy but less fun and takes himself far more seriously. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

I cant say this issue has been on my mind ….

Well there is now 7 pages on Peter Schrager (who's actually on a podcast with Bill).  

Schrager, like Wright are paid by Networks, Simmons runs a significant platform.....  

And yes all should check the site (lot's of Bills & Allen articles if you do a search).

Sorry to post a thread on an opinion.

I heard this podcast and his thoughts which I agree with. The next day on GMFB Kyle Brandt yes “Mount up Kyle Brandt” said it was basically ludicrous that Simmons would say that on his podcast and that it was a terrible take.  Interesting.

I used to be a huge fan - he was one of the best writers out there.

Boston's sports success made him pretty insufferable.  He's had praise for Allen & the Bills lately, but in general, he's hard to listen to these days.  He's one of the hot take leaders in sports punditry.

He's right about Mac Jones & the AFC, though. I enjoy the thought of Pats fans looking at the landscape & realizing that they'll need an enormous amount of luck to ever contend in the division or conference w/ the talent disparity at that position.

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

So what he's a Boston fan, and will talk himself into backing the Patriots, Bruins, Celtics and Red Sox, but he is a great listen, knows his stuff and The Ringer has great podcasts and articles.  Love pop culture too.

So he's talking about the SB and in two separate podcasts said about the game just 'how bad Josh Allen and Bills fans must have felt watching the game in disgust, knowing how much better they were'.

He also lamented seeing, Allen, Burrow, Mahomes, Herbert, Jackson(not on the same level) in the conference, and the Pats have Jones.

He talks like someone here on TBD who's a fan.  Great cast of characters and contributors too.

Simmons is a clown and his flunkies are even worse. But if want to pollute your eyes and ears with his garbage go ahead.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

27 minutes ago, Success said:

He's right about Mac Jones & the AFC, though. I enjoy the thought of Pats fans looking at the landscape & realizing that they'll need an enormous amount of luck to ever contend in the division or conference w/ the talent disparity at that position.

Yeah, well, just wait until the Pats*** figure out how to trade for Rodgers *and* acquire 3 compensatory draft picks at the same time.

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Well there is now 7 pages on Peter Schrager (who's actually on a podcast with Bill).  

Schrager, like Wright are paid by Networks, Simmons runs a significant platform.....  

And yes all should check the site (lot's of Bills & Allen articles if you do a search).

Sorry to post a thread on an opinion.

And now you’re shilling for him? You on the payroll? And no, I shant check the site.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

45 minutes ago, astb41 said:

I heard this podcast and his thoughts which I agree with. The next day on GMFB Kyle Brandt yes “Mount up Kyle Brandt” said it was basically ludicrous that Simmons would say that on his podcast and that it was a terrible take.  Interesting.

I still don't understand the "Mount Up" thing. What are we mounting? What does that have to do with mafia? Are we going to ride our Buffalo through town?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.