STH Invoices are posted. 15% increase is a lot.

K-No

3 minutes ago, ToBillsFan said:

Tried the season ticket thing as an investment but found out really quick that this would be more of a cost than money maker. Restrictions probably didn’t help at all but I think I’ll give them up this season.

That's your problem, season tickets to the Buffalo Bills isn't an investment 

5 hours ago, CodeMonkey said:

There won't be many.  And for those that do, there will be others to buy them up.  Particularly seats like yours.  The team playing well after a long suck period, and the border open.  Bills fans in general will pay whatever is asked.  Look at how many kept paying even during the decade of suck to "support their team".  

It pisses a lot of people off that the state will throw money at it, myself included.  It should all be paid for by the team, the NFL, and the fans that go to the games.

Yet nobody wanted to go to games this past season. Outside of the Steelers game, demand for tickets was as bad as I can ever remember.  

3 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

If you are selling off many games on the secondary market and bitching about the low return, just buy tickets on the secondary market and ditch the seasons. If you aren’t going to every game, maybe the economics will work out. 

I live 7 hours from the stadium now and have 3 little kids so getting to games isn't as easy as it once was. I still like having the seasons, I've had them for 20 years with my brother.  The thing was I used to be able to sell off the 4-5 games I couldn't attend on Stubhub and at least break even or make a little bit.  Now with Stubhubs ever increasing fees (30-35% on the buyer side & 10% on the seller side) coupled with the soft demand the last couple years its tough to not sell tickets at a significant loss 

It's not bitching as much as it is just stating facts.  It'd be cool if Stubhub had some competition & their fees weren't so out of hand. Stubhub has vacuumed every penny out of the resale market. Their old pricing structure of 10% on the seller side & 15% on the buyer side seemed fair. The new structure is almost robbery.

Funny how local laws would have people arrested for doing this outside of the stadium, yet stub lhub is an official partner of the NFLs. Funny how that works.

Edited by Estro
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 hours ago, K-No said:

Invoices are posted. My tickets are up 14.8%. That's a lot when I have to sell several games.

I like how they always note the average percent increase to soften the message but then reality hits when you get your invoice.

Oh well, another year. Go Bills.

Unfortunately each and everything has gone up and likely will continue, which means you also have to go up. The buyers should understand one would think 

1 hour ago, Estro said:

I live 7 hours from the stadium now and have 3 little kids so getting to games isn't as easy as it once was. I still like having the seasons, I've had them for 20 years with my brother.  The thing was I used to be able to sell off the 4-5 games I couldn't attend on Stubhub and at least break even or make a little bit.  Now with Stubhubs ever increasing fees (30-35% on the buyer side & 10% on the seller side) coupled with the soft demand the last couple years its tough to not sell tickets at a significant loss 

It's not bitching as much as it is just stating facts.  It'd be cool if Stubhub had some competition & their fees weren't so out of hand. Stubhub has vacuumed every penny out of the resale market. Their old pricing structure of 10% on the seller side & 15% on the buyer side seemed fair. The new structure is almost robbery.

Funny how local laws would have people arrested for doing this outside of the stadium, yet stub lhub is an official partner of the NFLs. Funny how that works.

I hear ya.  I had seasons in the late 90s until 2010, mostly to have a guaranteed playoff ticket. You can guess how that worked out. For the 2-3 games I want to go to during Sept-Oct I just buy resale and will deal with the playoff ticket cost via resale. 

2 hours ago, Augie said:

That sounds like you could make a nice song out of it…..…

Have you bought a chicken wing lately? Some places the menu says “Market Price”, like it’s lobster or something! 

Everything is getting crazy expensive, and rates are about to rise for the first time in an amazingly long time. 

Yes inflation is crazy.

9 hours ago, K-No said:

Invoices are posted. My tickets are up 14.8%. That's a lot when I have to sell several games.

I like how they always note the average percent increase to soften the message but then reality hits when you get your invoice.

Oh well, another year. Go Bills.

The cost of winning… 

3 hours ago, Estro said:

Yet nobody wanted to go to games this past season. Outside of the Steelers game, demand for tickets was as bad as I can ever remember.  

Without the Canadian fans and the vax requirement I suspect demand would have been normal.    

We still wouldn't have been too bad off with regard to moving extra tickets.........but the worst-ever weather NFL season in Buffalo was the last f*cking straw.   

Ultimately,  when the games are on tv anyway a lot of things have to line up........price, ease of attendance, weather........to get the more casual fans to snap up those extra tickets.

Edited by BADOLBILZ

10 hours ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

It's market economics. The good news is consumers are free to spend their money elsewhere when it comes to entertainment. No coercion on the buying or selling side - awesome!

Sorry there is too much coercion....thanks to that Josh Allen Fella !!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Estro said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again: 

If the Bills think PSLs are going to work, & I agree with you I think thays the plan, they're in for a rude awakening, IMO.

This season, one of the best Bills teams of the last 25 years, and I struggled to sell my tickets on the secondary market.  The games after September had very little demand and the prices reflected that.  My tickets to the Panthers game sold for $15 a piece (lower level, 50 yard line, Bills side).  Maybe covid and the situation @ the border suppressed the market some, but I don't think that's the only factor.

I'm 100% not renewing my 4 season tickets if and when they try and tack on PSLs.  I wonder what they think they can get away with as far as PSL. Im thinking $1250-2500 for the lower level seats between the 40s.

Is anybody else prepared to walk away if the Bills want 5-10k just for the right to keep your seats?  

bingo.   this is another reason for a dome. as an out of towner with young kids the Houston downpour game was terrible, then went back with a friend for worse weather v. Indy.  I think some out of town fans won’t buy until they know the weather situation. 

5 hours ago, Estro said:

weather

9 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

bingo.   this is another reason for a dome. as an out of towner with young kids the Houston downpour game was terrible, then went back with a friend for worse weather v. Indy.  I think some out of town fans won’t buy until they know the weather situation. 

weather

You think the Pegulas will listen to you about a dome?  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.