STH Invoices are posted. 15% increase is a lot.

K-No

Invoices are posted. My tickets are up 14.8%. That's a lot when I have to sell several games.

I like how they always note the average percent increase to soften the message but then reality hits when you get your invoice.

Oh well, another year. Go Bills.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

To be fair inflation was 7.5% this past year, so that might account for some of it.

But at the same time, we know businesses just charge what they think people will pay and not necessarily depending on what their costs are.

It's market economics. The good news is consumers are free to spend their money elsewhere when it comes to entertainment. No coercion on the buying or selling side - awesome!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, K-No said:

Invoices are posted. My tickets are up 14.8%. That's a lot when I have to sell several games.

I like how they always note the average percent increase to soften the message but then reality hits when you get your invoice.

Oh well, another year. Go Bills.

Just go trade some crypto, you'll make that in a day or two.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

The Tickets are below average for the NFL in general and guess what they'll be below average when they build a new stadium(albeit much more expensive below average). Their trying to cash in on a great team and saving up that money for that stadium haha. Spend the money, you spend a lot of money on a lot less enjoyable things in life. I get that season tickets are not a necessity in life compared to other things but paying bills probably doesn't bring joy to you. Plus I'm assuming season ticket holders will get first crack and new stadium seats. I think its a bad time to give up your seasons if you want tickets into the new stadium. 

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Wait till the new stadium. Bills fans will be saying hello PSL fees.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: 

If the Bills think PSLs are going to work, & I agree with you I think thays the plan, they're in for a rude awakening, IMO.

This season, one of the best Bills teams of the last 25 years, and I struggled to sell my tickets on the secondary market.  The games after September had very little demand and the prices reflected that.  My tickets to the Panthers game sold for $15 a piece (lower level, 50 yard line, Bills side).  Maybe covid and the situation @ the border suppressed the market some, but I don't think that's the only factor.

I'm 100% not renewing my 4 season tickets if and when they try and tack on PSLs.  I wonder what they think they can get away with as far as PSL. Im thinking $1250-2500 for the lower level seats between the 40s.

Is anybody else prepared to walk away if the Bills want 5-10k just for the right to keep your seats?  

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Estro said:

If the Bills think PSLs are going to work, & I agree with you I think thays the plan, they're in for a rude awakening, IMO.

This season, one of the best Bills teams of the last 25 years, and I struggled to sell my tickets on the secondary market.  The games after September had very little demand and the prices reflected that.  My tickets to the Panthers game sold for $15 a piece (lower level, 50 yard line, Bills side).  Maybe covid and the situation @ the border suppressed the market some, but I don't think that's the only factor.

I'm 100% not renewing my 4 season tickets if and when they try and tack on PSLs.  I wonder what they think they can get away with as far as PSL. Im thinking $1250-2500 for the lower level seats between the 40s.

Is anybody else prepared to walk away if the Bills want 5-10k just for the right to keep your seats?  

I can't and won't speak for anyone else, but If I can get season tickets for those seats in the new stadium, I will pay the PSL fee that goes along with it.  

• Thank you (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Estro said:

There won't be many.  And for those that do, there will be others to buy them up.  Particularly seats like yours.  The team playing well after a long suck period, and the border open.  Bills fans in general will pay whatever is asked.  Look at how many kept paying even during the decade of suck to "support their team".  

It pisses a lot of people off that the state will throw money at it, myself included.  It should all be paid for by the team, the NFL, and the fans that go to the games.

Edited by CodeMonkey
  • Agree 5

4 minutes ago, Estro said:

I can tell you what the Jets charge ( I have tickets) I have two seats which are $125 a piece. I am in the lower level right behind the goalpost. When they kick extra points and FG's I am on TV. The Jets charge me $5000 per seat for the PSL fee. However they give me options to pay it. I can pay in full, or over 10 years and 15 years. I chose 10 years. So its a $1000 fee for 10 years. Of course the Jets charge interest (bastards) if you don't pay it in full. My fee isn't that expensive compared to others. Between the 40's I heard the PSL fee goes as high as $25,000 per seat. That is your corporate businesses and the extremely wealthy. The Jets DO NOT charge a PSL fee if you sit in the upper deck. I believe the Giants charge $1000 for people who sit in the upper deck. Now the Jets and Giants have the NYC market and corporate support to draw from. Buffalo obviously doesn't have that. My guess is the Bills will probably charge between $1000 - $2500 for the lower level depending where you are sitting with no PSL fee for the upper deck. 

FYI - last year at Giants Stadium I was paying $1700 for everything. At MetLife its $3700. Right now I am paying for my seasons over 4 credit card payments charged on 2/1, 3/1, 4/1, and 5/1. My PSL fee is due Nov 1st. So the bill for my seasons and PSL fee come at different times. I would imagine the Bills will do the same thing.

26 minutes ago, Greg S said:

I can tell you what the Jets charge ( I have tickets) I have two seats which are $125 a piece. I am in the lower level right behind the goalpost. When they kick extra points and FG's I am on TV. The Jets charge me $5000 per seat for the PSL fee. However they give me options to pay it. I can pay in full, or over 10 years and 15 years. I chose 10 years. So its a $1000 fee for 10 years. Of course the Jets charge interest (bastards) if you don't pay it in full. My fee isn't that expensive compared to others. Between the 40's I heard the PSL fee goes as high as $25,000 per seat. That is your corporate businesses and the extremely wealthy. The Jets DO NOT charge a PSL fee if you sit in the upper deck. I believe the Giants charge $1000 for people who sit in the upper deck. Now the Jets and Giants have the NYC market and corporate support to draw from. Buffalo obviously doesn't have that. My guess is the Bills will probably charge between $1000 - $2500 for the lower level depending where you are sitting with no PSL fee for the upper deck. 

FYI - last year at Giants Stadium I was paying $1700 for everything. At MetLife its $3700. Right now I am paying for my seasons over 4 credit card payments charged on 2/1, 3/1, 4/1, and 5/1. My PSL fee is due Nov 1st. So the bill for my seasons and PSL fee come at different times. I would imagine the Bills will do the same thing.

Dear Lord....you PAY actual money to watch the Jets??? Like, on purpose? Is this your fantasy football punishment? 

• Haha (+1) 6

38 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Dear Lord....you PAY actual money to watch the Jets??? Like, on purpose? Is this your fantasy football punishment? 

I like going to the games besides its fun to watch them lose. To your point I am an idiot for paying these prices but at least I am guaranteed to see the Bills in person every year. Plus the tailgating is always a good time.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Estro said:

If it's that much they will probably spread it over 5 years.

They aren't heartless.....just greedy ;) 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.