KC Chiefs Kingdom Article: Eric Bieniemy Ruined the AFCC

https://ckedboard.medium.com/how-a-season-long-rift-between-patrick-mahomes-and-eric-bieniemy-ruined-the-afc-championship-35481f116513

This makes me happy (most of us) aren’t crazy and too high on our ourselves or our imaginary sway with OBD.

i think this is nothing more than a thinly veiled attempt by some super fans to blame Bieniemy to get him fired. The first third to half provides “context and insight” and tries to prove insider info, but comes off as reaching, unbelievable, and tin foil hat crazy to me. Sure some of these things may have happened, but it affected Pat so much he was unable to throw a football for two halves?

Anyway, relish in another teams misery.

Edited by Best Williams Available
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

The uniformity of the narrative presented (ZERO concession or complexity), and the absolute lack of concrete attribution for ALL evidence submitted, adds up to a polemic hit-piece that reads more like a conspiracy theory than the whistle-blowing reportage it wants us to see.

Maybe the unnamed authors are on to something, but this published compilation of hearsay, conjecture, and innuendo isn't a convincing presentation.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

This strikes me a bit as fans doing what fans do - blame the coordinator. That is easier than blaming the Quarterback or the Head Coach 'cos your team is generally more locked into those guys. Coordinators are often the scapegoats. 

The article might be true but there isn't a single one of its claims that is corroborated by a second source. 

The main person to blame for the 2nd half of the AFCCG? It was Patrick Mahomes. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

First, If they were so worried about Bieniemy, then why let Kafka go to the Giants?

Seems ridiculous Reid would allow such behavior to cripple the team in the AFCC.  And then bring him back?   No way.

They couldn't prevent him from going to the Giants because it's a promotion but they certainly could've offered him the same role as offensive coordinator for the Chiefs.  I'm interested to see if players have anything to say about this article over the next couple of days.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

They couldn't prevent him from going to the Giants because it's a promotion but they certainly could've offered him the same role as offensive coordinator for the Chiefs.  I'm interested to see if players have anything to say about this article over the next couple of days.

That’s my point.  If Kafka was so respected and EB isn’t, why keep up the charade?  Let EB go and promote Kafka.

It will be interesting if the players say nothing and don’t have EB’s back.

• Agree 1

49 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

That’s my point.  If Kafka was so respected and EB isn’t, why keep up the charade?  Let EB go and promote Kafka.

It will be interesting if the players say nothing and don’t have EB’s back.

Meh. They should say nothing. It is a completely unverified blog post with no corroboration. They should just ignore it. If it was an SI piece or something like that then would be interesting to see the reaction. But this is no more than internet tittle tattle. 

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

This strikes me a bit as fans doing what fans do - blame to coordinator. That is easier than blaming the Quarterback or the Head Coach 'cos your team is generally more locked into those guys. Coordinators are often the scapegoats. 

The article might be true but there isn't a single one of its claims that is corroborated by a second source. 

The main person to blame for the 2nd half of the AFCCG? It was Patrick Mahomes. 

Yep. Total Rat meltdown.

2 hours ago, stuvian said:

It's hard to believe anyone who says they have inside sources. Sounds like some fans can't fathom that the Bengals outplayed and out coached the Chiefs.

They could have attended "high level meetings" ;) 

BTW lets hope its real and the Chefs implode :)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

The ending gives it away.

"Reid could turn to an old friend in Matt Nagy, who will actually check Andy and collaborate with the offensive coaching staff and listen to his players."

The writer of this piece was Matt Nagy. Guy's trying to find a job. 

Se riously though this whole thing reads like fan fiction.

• Haha (+1) 4

There may be a sliver of truth to that. I saw Mahones arguing with someone going up the tunnel at halftime. It was a coach that I now realize was Bieniemy. Also, he did squeeze his helmet a lot in the second half. And we all saw Hill and Hardman arguing on the sidelines during the 3rd quarter because Romo pointed it out. My takeaway was that the Chiefs are a team with a lot of big personalities who point fingers when things go south. If they did indeed fall apart, why couldn’t it have happened a week earlier?

On the other hand: Bieniemy has been the hot coordinator for the past 3 years. He has been the next guy who should be getting a head coaching job, right? But he has not. .... Why would Daboll be a better pick than him? Well, there might be some obvious reasons he's not been a serious candiate for a head coaching position. Interpersonal skills are important. Maybe, just maybe, that's why he's not a HC? .... If you go on merit, is there any other OC over the past few year ahead of him? Answer: No! So, why no HC opportunities???

Nothing more than a Hit piece. 

50 minutes ago, CSBill said:

On the other hand: Bieniemy has been the hot coordinator for the past 3 years. He has been the next guy who should be getting a head coaching job, right? But he has not. .... Why would Daboll be a better pick than him? Well, there might be some obvious reasons he's not been a serious candiate for a head coaching position. Interpersonal skills are important. Maybe, just maybe, that's why he's not a HC? .... If you go on merit, is there any other OC over the past few year ahead of him? Answer: No! So, why no HC opportunities???

1.  His criminal background is an issue 

2.  Unlike this Hit piece wants to claim this is Andy Reid’s offense and calling. 
3.  Getting out of the Shadow of Reid can be difficult on the offensive side. 
4.  Also right wrong or indifferent Daboll gets credit for Josh’s development. Bienemy doesn’t it was Reid with Mahomes 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, CSBill said:

I’m in science, and if a postdoc interviewing for a faculty job doesn’t distinguish their ideas from their advisors (independence) they get passed over for someone who does. I suspect no one believes he designs or calls the plays fully.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.