Matt “frat” Stafford.

Riverboat Ritchie

1 minute ago, Process said:

What bills? She had the page up probably before she even got to the hospital lol. How about worrying about your health/surgery whatever before you start begging for money? And then starting the GoFundMe...when youve actually received a bill.

Plus it was obvious the second the video started circulating and the backlash started that someone from the organization was going to help out.

Relying on the magnanimity of Stan Kronke is always your best bet

• Haha (+1) 5

59 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

His wife is an experienced nurse, of course she is more qualified than most of the other people on the scene.  You obviously don't know that otherwise your statement makes no sense. 

Is your response for real?  Have you never heard of lawsuits against just about anyone with money?  If you have you wouldn't have no idea what I'm talking about.  Go and look up how many times a celebrity has been sued just for being somewhere where something happened.  Go and look up the times a person came upon a scene, tried to help a victim & got sued.   

Yes!  I have no idea what I am talking about....lol. 

But as an experienced nurse, she would have done nothing but call EMS.  Which any lay person could/would also due.  The fall victim was not in cardiac arrest.  You're making no sense at this point. 

Anyway, I googled "how many times a celebrity has been sued just for being somewhere where something happened" and found nothing you are describing.

Then I googled "times a person came upon a scene, tried to help a victim & got sued"...amazingly, still nothing!

It did link to https://www.enjuris.com/blog/questions/frivolous-lawsuits/

No lawyer is going to file a suit over a guy calling 911 and saying "are you OK?".  so stop with that, lol.

27 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

What were his facial expressions when this was announced?  How long after the announcement did he wait to drink or eat?

I believe he never stopped drinking.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Process said:

It's a bad look for stafford, but when I saw she started a GoFundMe within 3 hours of breaking her spine, I no longer felt sorry for her.

What is the appropriate elapsed time between sustaining an injury and realizing that one will need help with the bills?

If she was taken directly to hospital, she (or a relative) probably had a diagnosis and some understanding of what her recovery timeline would be within 2-3 hrs (and knew her camera equipment was busted and she wouldn't be able to work for several months)

PS: Looks like it was a friend who started the GoFundMe.  And the top donor is "Pat McAfee Inc" with $5k

• Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

The fuh is he supposed to do here?

What people who take first aid/CPR are trained to do is to make sure the scene is safe and then call for help. Look around wave, point, get on your phone, try to do something to bring attention to the accident victim. Do you think walking away is an appropriate response?

10 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Did he not check on her?

Let me ask you this... if Matt Stafford went down there to show care and concern (even standing close by) don't you think there would be photo and written documentation of this?

Here's another question for you: If you were a betting person, would you bet that Matt Stafford went down from the stage to see if the photographer was alright or would you bet that he didn't?

Here's another thing no one has mentioned which is really more damning on Matt Stafford: Matt Stafford's wife asked the photographer, Kelly Smiley to take a photograph of her and Matt. As they were starting to pose for the photo and as the photographer was trying to properly frame the picture, she fell off the stage. At the moment she fell she was trying to perform a service for the Staffords.

It's not like she was taking a picture of migrating geese overhead.

Edited by Sierra Foothills
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

His reaction to the situation looks strange at best and cold at worst but I think its silly to read anything more into it.  Had Stafford "rubber necked" and gawked at the injured woman, it would probably be seen as a sign of compassion and I doubt a thread ever starts. Morbid curiosity like gawking could easily be mistaken as empathy.  Similarly, a reflex triggering disgust in that situation could look like a cold response. I've witnessed plenty of people turn away from compound fractures.  

This thread exists purely as a judgement based on a 5 second clip where people assume to know what he was thinking and his level of care.  I find humor in the idea that morality could be defined as taking 2 steps forward instead of 5 steps back and the number of seconds waited before sipping water.  Obviously, that is an absurd way to judge a person's character but that is all the information we have to go on so that is what is truly being debated here.  I find even more humor in this argument since both actions, stare and express concern facially or walk away, are equally meaningless to the outcome.  We could start a whole new chapter of etiquette "How to Properly do Absolutely Nothing in an Emergency Situation".

The "frat" descriptor in the title and some of the reactions make it obvious that some people have a vested personal interest in painting Stafford as a bad guy and that interests me.  Schadenfreude aimed at a person who has no controversial past that I'm aware of is always fascinating.  Some people just like to see the privileged fall, or in this case, walk away from a fall.  Playing devils advocate and parody about virtue signaling and the other stuff is just me having fun with this thread.  

lol. The irony of passing judgment on people watching that video and observing that it was jacked up as somehow them being judgmental whackos while writing half a novel on your judgments of said people is rich. Go Bills. 

• Like (+1) 3

I have to come clean here. When I first saw that clip, I misunderstood what was happening and why. I posted (since deleted) based upon what I thought I saw. 

I had no idea that she belonged there, or that she had been so seriously injured. (I’m not sure if the extent of her injury was known at the time.) It’s certainly a bad look for him, but I think his wife (?) appeared sufficiently horrified.

I hope nobody judges me by my worst moments. That would not be pretty. I won’t do that to him. Tequila makes for strange events! You don’t win your first SB very often in life.

Hope she gets well soon with no long term downside. 

• Like (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

Here's another thing no one has mentioned which is really more damning on Matt Stafford: Matt Stafford's wife asked the photographer, Kelly Smiley to take a photograph of her and Matt. As they were starting to pose for the photo and as the photographer was trying to properly frame the picture, she fell off the stage. At the moment she fell she was trying to perform a service for the Staffords.

If so one would think Matt or his wife would warn her that she's too close to edge....I mean since if they were posing they would have been looking directly at the photographer and all.....

1 minute ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

If so one would think Matt or his wife would warn her that she's too close to edge....I mean since if they were posing they would have been looking directly at the photographer and all.....

If you watch the video they're preoccupied with preparing themselves for the photo and not yet paying attention to the photog.

It also bears mentioning that the photog showed very poor spatial awareness. A large component to personal safety is personal responsibility...I'm a bit amazed at how oblivious she was to standing at the brink of a potentially catastrophic fall.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

If you watch the video they're preoccupied with preparing themselves for the photo and not yet paying attention to the photog.

It also bears mentioning that the photog showed very poor spatial awareness. A large component to personal safety is personal responsibility...I'm a bit amazed at how oblivious she was to standing at the brink of a potentially catastrophic fall.

Maybe she was hitting the tequila a bit hard also? 

10 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

The Staffords asked her to take their picture. She falls off stage framing the shot, fracturing her spine. Stafford just walks away to get another drink not even bothering to see what happened to her. She could of died or been paralyzed and he obviously did not give a *****.  

What an #######, there's absolutely no other excuse. A total piece of ***** human being. 

I think there's a bit of speculation going on here.

4 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Yes!  I have no idea what I am talking about....lol. 

But as an experienced nurse, she would have done nothing but call EMS.  Which any lay person could/would also due.  The fall victim was not in cardiac arrest.  You're making no sense at this point. 

Anyway, I googled "how many times a celebrity has been sued just for being somewhere where something happened" and found nothing you are describing.

Then I googled "times a person came upon a scene, tried to help a victim & got sued"...amazingly, still nothing!

It did link to https://www.enjuris.com/blog/questions/frivolous-lawsuits/

No lawyer is going to file a suit over a guy calling 911 and saying "are you OK?".  so stop with that, lol.

I guess you have a different Google search engine than I do:

https://www.vulture.com/2021/12/travis-scott-lawsuits-victims-families.html

https://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/story?id=6498405&page=14

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-2008-dec-19-me-good-samaritan19-story.html

https://www.mcdivittlaw.com/blog/can-sued-helping-accident-victim

https://cmplawgroup.com/blog/californias-good-samaritan-law-in-2019-can-you-be-sued-for-helping-a-car-accident-victim-and-aggravating-their-injury/

https://lawteam.com/florida-good-samaritan-law/

I'll stop pasting, I think I've made my point with the links above.  

Edited by Albany,n.y.

9 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

hmmmm...where to start?

The Travis Scott lawsuit is obviously unrelated as he is being sued for putting on  a production that had a litany of security problems AND he continued to perform while fans were being crushed to death and the staff was aware.  None of this in any way applies to the Stafford scenario.

And several of your other links refer to the same famous nonmedical Good Sam case in Cali.  The last one you cited on it says this:

"After the infamous car accident involving a good Samaritan in 2008, California’s good Samaritan law changed once and for all. In its 2008 ruling, the California Supreme Court upheld that as long as a rescuer renders medical or nonmedical care or assistance at the scene of a car accident and does so in good faith, that person cannot be held liable for injuries or damages resulting from his or her actions.
Therefore, if you are represented by an experienced car accident attorney in Los Angeles, rendering medical or non-medical aid at the scene of a car crash cannot make you liable for the victim’s injuries."

You didn't read your links.

Anyway, nothing you posted has anything to do with the simple act of asking if the person who was injured was OK and calling 911.   So your insistence that even doing that little would expose Stafford to a lawsuit is mind-bendingly ridiculous.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.