Schedule Prediction Fun

corta765

2 hours ago, Greg S said:

I know the schedule doesn't come out until sometime in April but doesn't the league announce who plays overseas sooner. I always thought the league announced those games earlier than April.

I think one of the Pats games will get on primetime.

The reason I don't think the Pats will be in primetime this season - we've faced them on MNF (2021, 2020, 2018), and the NFL Network Saturday Special (2019).

2017 was the last time we didn't face the Pats in a national telecast.  There are so many good matchups for the Bills this year that I suspect the Pats will take a breather for primetime games this year.  Of course, the NFL could disagree.

Season Opener: @ Miami 

Home Opener: Cleveland

Prime Time: @ Cincinnati (Sunday), @ Los Angeles (Sunday), Vs. Tennessee (Monday)

I also agree that the Kansas City game will be a Sunday Late Afternoon game. Same goes for the Baltimore game and one of the New England games.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, corta765 said:

I miss having it earlier too but I at least appreciate that they now do it after the draft and FA so rosters are far more set and they can try for more intriguing matchups then the Titans Jags yearly TNF disaster.

Good point and it does work better. I just hate this time of year football wise. Why won’t someone think about the plight of late 30 year olds with no football on Sundays!

On 2/16/2022 at 3:32 PM, mushypeaches said:

Week 1 - @ CIN Monday night

Week 2 - Home opener Minnesota

@ Rams will be a Sun 4 PM national game

@ KC will be a Sun night game

@ Detroit will be Thanksgiving

H NE on a Monday night

Week 18 @ Miami

I think this sounds much more likely.  Do question though if they'd let a team play two years in a row on Thanksgiving day.  Obviously Dallas and Detroit do it.

Do think at least two of the three between the Baltimore, Tenn, and Green Bay games will be also be national games,, either night or 4:25 double header games.

1 minute ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I do like the prediction of playing the Patriots early in the season. Week one or two. Seems like it’s been quite a few years since we’ve played them in the first three games of the year. Might have to go all the way back to 2015 When we played them in week two I think? 

Since the Pats are the only team in the division who can probably challenge the Bills for the AFCE I bet both games are later in the year when the races start heating up.

On 2/16/2022 at 1:13 PM, uticaclub said:

They will get better primetime opponents and they get Detroit. I guess they might want to avoid the blowout factor because we should be double digit favorites, but I could see the NFL trying to push Josh as much as possible, like they have other QBs that have annoyed us being on primetime every week, while we 1:00pm, unless we play on the west coast.

They play 3 games on Thanksgiving now.  Bills could host the 8 pm game like the Saints hosted it last year.

On 2/17/2022 at 12:20 PM, Mark Vader said:

Season Opener: @ Miami 

Home Opener: Cleveland

Prime Time: @ Cincinnati (Sunday), @ Los Angeles (Sunday), Vs. Tennessee (Monday)

I also agree that the Kansas City game will be a Sunday Late Afternoon game. Same goes for the Baltimore game and one of the New England games.

I think your light on the prime time games.  Josh Allen has taken the next step in public/media attention.   He’s considered one of the best and most entertaining players in the league.  And the team is good too.   I believe the Bills will get 4 or 5 night games.

• Like (+1) 1

I won't go into too much detail here...

Week 1:  @Bears 1pm

Week 2:  @ Jets, 1pm

Week 3:  Packers (MNF)

Week 4: Steelers 1pm

Week 5: Patriots 1pm

Week 6:  @Chiefs (SNF)

Week 7:  Vikings 1pm

Week 8:  @Fins 1pm

Week 9:  Bye

Week 10:  @ Rams (TNF)

Week 11:  Titans 1pm

Week 12:  @Bengals (MNF)

Week 13:  @Patriots 4:15pm

Week 14:  Jets 1pm

Week 15:  @Ravens (SNF)

Week 16: @Lions  1pm

Week 17:  Browns 1pm

Week 18:  Fins 1pm

• Vomit 1

On 2/20/2022 at 3:59 AM, Doc Brown said:

Five primetime games with four on the road. I hope not.

Edited by Greg S

On 2/18/2022 at 11:08 AM, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I do like the prediction of playing the Patriots early in the season. Week one or two. Seems like it’s been quite a few years since we’ve played them in the first three games of the year. Might have to go all the way back to 2015 When we played them in week two I think? 

Yep. 2013 Week 1 and 2015 Week 2. Last two times we faced NE early in season

5 hours ago, Greg S said:

Five primetime games with four on the road. I hope not.

Problem is our road schedule is superior to home for marquee games unless Rodgers returns then you have GB/NE/TEN as bigger draw options

On 2/20/2022 at 12:22 AM, purple haze said:

I think your light on the prime time games.  Josh Allen has taken the next step in public/media attention.   He’s considered one of the best and most entertaining players in the league.  And the team is good too.   I believe the Bills will get 4 or 5 night games.

Could turn out that way. I do think they will get 3-4 Sunday late afternoon games too.

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/20/2022 at 3:59 AM, Doc Brown said:

Waaay too many Sunday 1pm games. We’re marquee. Must see TV. 

No one has mentioned overseas game. I’m sure of one. Way overdue.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.