Schedule Prediction Fun

corta765

Since it is the offseason with not a lot happening I wanted to see peoples thought on what they want for some cool schedule stuff in 2022. Fill in your own on what your hoping for with these categories, here are mine:

Opening Day: at Miami. I like opening week 1 on the road and give me a rookie head coach week 1

Home Opener: New England 1pm week 2. I doubt the NFL lets us go back to back division games to open, but after beating Miami lets wreck NE next at home

Monday Night Football: Cleveland Browns I think that would be a fun game

Thursday Night Football: at Cincy. This would be a really fun game and I can't expect all of our home games to be the national ones

Sunday Night Football: Titans so we can get revenge at home

Since we opened at home this past season I will guess a road opener this year.

Season opener - at Jets. Our most common opening day opponent.

Home opener - Vikings. Bills will wear their all whites (current) at home sparking outrage from Bills fans who feel they should always wear blue over white at home. Despite the fact that the Bills have been wearing white at home early in the year for years now. Fans will still be shocked they wore white at home. Also there will be a thread on this board sometime in August saying what uniform will the Bills wear for their home opener and some will guess all blues or all reds which will never happen.

4 primetime games. 2 at home. 2 on the road.

at KC (SNF)

at NE (MNF)

TEN (MNF)

GB (SNF)

12 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

Thanksgiving at Detroit I think is a given.

That would make it 3 times in 4 years on Thanksgiving. If Detroit hosts an AFC team I could see Miami getting this one. They probably will get a primetime game anyway and the Bills will get better opponents for their primetime games IMHO.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Greg S said:

That would make it 3 times in 4 years on Thanksgiving. If Detroit hosts an AFC team I could see Miami getting this one. They probably will get a primetime game anyway and the Bills will get better opponents for their primetime games IMHO.

Thanksgiving is Josh Allen's holiday

Just now, uticaclub said:

Thanksgiving is Josh Allen's holiday

Still I think the Bills will get better opponents for primetime then Detroit. Just look at their schedule and the league has a lot of options for the Bills when it comes to primetime games.

8 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Still I think the Bills will get better opponents for primetime then Detroit. Just look at their schedule and the league has a lot of options for the Bills when it comes to primetime games.

They will get better primetime opponents and they get Detroit. I guess they might want to avoid the blowout factor because we should be double digit favorites, but I could see the NFL trying to push Josh as much as possible, like they have other QBs that have annoyed us being on primetime every week, while we 1:00pm, unless we play on the west coast.

The one sure thing in the schedule - @KC is going to be a standalone 4:25 CBS national game.  CBS hasn't gotten this game in the regular season the last two years - 2020 going to FOX's Thursday package and 2021 being on NBC SNF.  If I had to guess, this goes in the first or second week of November.  This is the NFL's #1 game they have on the schedule next year and it's going to get top billing, which doesn't necessarily mean SNF.

I think we open against the Rams on Thursday Night (NBC), the Packers home game is probably a non-standalone 4:25 on FOX in September, the Bengals game is a MNF game, and I bet we play one of the Dolphins or Jets on Thursday night.  I'd also guess that one of the Steelers or Ravens is going to be a SNF or MNF game.

I'd be really surprised if we play Detroit on Thanksgiving given we've played 2 out of 3 years and we aren't the Lions or Cowboys.  But, the other option in that slot is Miami and I wouldn't be surprised if the NFL is gun shy about giving that franchise national attention on Thanksgiving.

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, corta765 said:

Since it is the offseason with not a lot happening I wanted to see peoples thought on what they want for some cool schedule stuff in 2022. Fill in your own on what your hoping for with these categories, here are mine:

Opening Day: at Miami. I like opening week 1 on the road and give me a rookie head coach week 1

Home Opener: New England 1pm week 2. I doubt the NFL lets us go back to back division games to open, but after beating Miami lets wreck NE next at home

Monday Night Football: Cleveland Browns I think that would be a fun game

Thursday Night Football: at Cincy. This would be a really fun game and I can't expect all of our home games to be the national ones

Sunday Night Football: Titans so we can get revenge at home

NE is their (our) female dog 🐩 

need a real competitor.  

well.  Maybe not.  

bring on the easy win.  Openers always sell tickets 🎟 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, BillsfaninChicago said:

I miss the earlier schedule roll out. It at least game me something football wise to look forward until free agency and the draft.

I miss having it earlier too but I at least appreciate that they now do it after the draft and FA so rosters are far more set and they can try for more intriguing matchups then the Titans Jags yearly TNF disaster.

• Like (+1) 1

I know the schedule doesn't come out until sometime in April but doesn't the league announce who plays overseas sooner. I always thought the league announced those games earlier than April.

16 hours ago, sullim4 said:

The one sure thing in the schedule - @KC is going to be a standalone 4:25 CBS national game.  CBS hasn't gotten this game in the regular season the last two years - 2020 going to FOX's Thursday package and 2021 being on NBC SNF.  If I had to guess, this goes in the first or second week of November.  This is the NFL's #1 game they have on the schedule next year and it's going to get top billing, which doesn't necessarily mean SNF.

I think we open against the Rams on Thursday Night (NBC), the Packers home game is probably a non-standalone 4:25 on FOX in September, the Bengals game is a MNF game, and I bet we play one of the Dolphins or Jets on Thursday night.  I'd also guess that one of the Steelers or Ravens is going to be a SNF or MNF game.

I'd be really surprised if we play Detroit on Thanksgiving given we've played 2 out of 3 years and we aren't the Lions or Cowboys.  But, the other option in that slot is Miami and I wouldn't be surprised if the NFL is gun shy about giving that franchise national attention on Thanksgiving.

I think one of the Pats games will get on primetime.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.