2022 Offseason Primer Position Group: Quarterback (WE HAVE OUR FRANCHISE!!!)

MAJBobby

Notable UFAs – This list is actually quit long, there are a lot of veteran QBs, that will fit in the range of pay that I would give a BU (in the 3M max pre year range).  I will list those that I think will be a good teacher and BU.

Brandon Allen, age 29, Cincy

Ryan Fitzpatrick, age 39, Washington

Andy Dalton, age 34, Chicago

Hurt in a crash?   Call Allen & Allen.

Edited by ControllerOfPlanetX

12 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

I too want Fitz, but vet minimum might be quite expensive.

Don’t rule out Kyle Allen, he’s played well in relief and is real life good buddies with Josh. He also is with Jordan Palmer.

This could be the exemption that is offered. Where the vet Min is signed or a bit above and it counts as a 895K cap hit. Bills haven’t used it very much. But that is a way to get a Veteran QB on the roster for a smaller cap hit the player has to agree because I don’t think it can be much more than a Vet min contract. 

so let’s say Fits because he is really old costs 2.5M on his Vet Min contract. That exemption allows for a 895K cap hit. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.