Howard Stern...Jim Breuer on Yesterday

Yeah, he was pretty good.  Actually reminded me how much better the Stern show could be if he actually got somebody funny in there to replace Artie, like a Breuer.  I loved when he used to have that guy Adam I think from the Man Show sit in and just chime in with his comical commentary.  Very funny stuff.  Artie doesn't do anything funny for my taste - just makes stupid comments whereas those others add some comical creativity.

329656[/snapback]

You can still catch Adam Carrola on the radio (depending on where you live) every night on Loveline. In Buffalo, the show is on from 10pm-12am on 92.9 and he is simply hysterical. 0:)

You can still catch Adam Carrola on the radio (depending on where you live) every night on Loveline.  In Buffalo, the show is on from 10pm-12am on 92.9 and he is simply hysterical.  0:)

330213[/snapback]

Yeah, nothing against Artie, but IMHO compared to the likes of Corrolla or Breuer he simply doesn't stand up to them. Mimmicking and stupid and/or obnoxious comments don't cut it for me. You can get that stuff every day hanging out with your friends, but someone who is actually funny and lends comical perspective to every day current affairs is more rare and brings a lot more to the table.

Although, I have to admit I was crying when Artie relayed his story of doing coke in his pig outfit :lol:

Yeah, nothing against Artie, but IMHO compared to the likes of Corrolla or Breuer he simply doesn't stand up to them.  Mimmicking and stupid and/or obnoxious comments don't cut it for me.  You can get that stuff every day hanging out with your friends, but someone who is actually funny and lends comical perspective to every day current affairs is more rare and brings a lot more to the table. 

Although, I have to admit I was crying when Artie relayed his story of doing coke in his pig outfit 0:)

330226[/snapback]

To me Artie is great because he's the consumate every man. I don't need him to be hilarious constantly, but I think you also underestimate how funny he actually is. Carolla to me doesn't bring anything to the table. I guess you can just chalk it up to personal taste. Bruer blew the doors off the place the other day. But keep in mind it was just one appearance and one segment. I'd like to hear how he does on a regular basis. I guess I'll have to hurry up and get Sirius so I can listen to his show.

To me Artie is great because he's the consumate every man.  I don't need him to be hilarious constantly, but I think you also underestimate how funny he actually is.  Carolla to me doesn't bring anything to the table.  I guess you can just chalk it up to personal taste.  Bruer blew the doors off the place the other day.  But keep in mind it was just one appearance and one segment.  I'd like to hear how he does on a regular basis.  I guess I'll have to hurry up and get Sirius so I can listen to his show.

330253[/snapback]

I'm all set! Just waiting for them to pull the plug <_<

I just watched Jim Breuer live at Suny Brockport, and he was hysterical. I seriously think he was drunk at the show, nonetheless, he was awesome as he did killer impersonations of Joe Pesci, Angus Young, and James Hetfield.

Anyone here ever read Stern's old book, "Private Parts"? I realize it was first published like 13 years ago (very much pre-Artie Lange) but I just read it for the first time a couple of weeks ago. There are some GREAT stories in that book, about Howard, his staff and certain celebrities. The movie isn't too bad either...

Anyone here ever read Stern's old book, "Private Parts"?  I realize it was first published like 13 years ago (very much pre-Artie Lange) but I just read it for the first time a couple of weeks ago.  There are some GREAT stories in that book, about Howard, his staff and certain celebrities.  The movie isn't too bad either...

330910[/snapback]

I first picked Private Parts up on a flight back from my Grandmother's funeral. I wasn't living in a place that had Stern on the radio so it was kind of my introduction to him. I breezed through that book, but the only problem was I had to wait several years for the next one. Miss America in my opinion is even better than Private Parts. I bought it in the evening the night before a history final. I couldn't put the book down and ended up reading the whole thing in one night. I looked at the clock it was 6 am. No sense in going to bed when I had an 8 am exam. Luckily it was just a history final.