Peter Schrager: Joe Burrow should now be viewed as the top QB in the AFC

YoloinOhio

1- Patrick Mahomes

2- Josh Allen

3- Justin Herbert

4- Joe Burrow

Nobody else worth mentioning in the AFC. No way is Burrow the best in the AFC. He is nowhere near Mahomes and Allen yet and I'd say Herbert is better too.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Peter once again shows he’s a tool

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2022/02/16/josh-allen-joe-burrow-justin-herbert-the-athletic/

To be to be a top-tier guy in today’s NFL, you need a superhero trait, and I think Josh Allen has a few of them with the way he can impact the game in so many different ways,” Brugler said. “It doesn’t come without concerns. He takes so many hits. He is more expensive than the other two guys.

But if I’m just talking about the player and the guy that I feel most confident is going to lead my team to a chance at a Super Bowl championship, I’m going with Josh Allen.”

1 hour ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Let’s say Higgins TD doesn’t go for 75 yd TD…… Burrows SB stats would be 21-32 188 yds 0 TDs, sacked 7 times…..

Not buying best QB in AFC quite yet!

Better yet:

Burrow 4 Games:

97/142 1,105 yards 68% completion

5 tds 2 int

19 sacks

Allen 2 games:

48/62 637 yards 77% completion

9 tds 0 int

2 sacks

Mahomes 3 games:

89/122 1,057 yards 72% completion

11 tds 3 ints

9 sacks

Its simply no contest. Yes I get it, Allen didn't bring the Bills to the Super Bowl, but anyone who watched the playoffs knows that the Bengals defense (somehow) kept the Bengals in the games to steal victory from the jaws of defeat. 

As opposed to the Bills whose defense snatched defeat out of the jaws of victory, not Josh Allen.

Edited by What a Tuel
  • Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

No idea why people always insist on doing this…

Back in the day, my favorite was when certain posters would remove all of Travis Henry's good runs to make an argument that he (or our o-line) actually sucked.  He'd run for 150 yards and then there be posts like..."But if you remove his 8 best carries, he only averaged 2.9 YPC!!!".

Edit: to be fair, the o-line was actually putrid under ol Greggo.

Edited by TheBrownBear
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, TheBrownBear said:

Back in the day, my favorite was when certain posters would remove all of Travis Henry's good runs to make an argument that he (or our o-line) actually sucked.  He'd run for 150 yards and then there be posts like..."But if you remove his 8 best carries, he only averaged 2.9 YPC!!!".

Edit: to be fair, the o-line was actually putrid under ol Greggo.

The ball was severely underthrown and the wr had to basically like face mask ramsey down in order to get it. It should count but I have no problem saying thats not a feather in Burrows cap.

Either way even including it still doesnt show Burrow near Mahomes or Allen.

1a Patrick Mahomes

1b Josh Allen

2a Justin Herbert

2b Joe Burrow

herbert was damn amazing against raiders. I couldn’t believe what he did on 3/4th downs. Burrow? Holy crap was he sacked to hell. I don’t think you can splice these AFC four much finer than top 2 or top 4. Too many other variables. 

P.s. if Kay was a man, she wouldn’t be on the show…”yeah but…” 

Edited by Since1981

11 hours ago, wppete said:

AFC Qbs in this order:

1. Josh Allen

2. Patrick Mahomes

3. Justin Herbert 

4. Joe Burrow

5. Lamar Jackson

9 hours ago, RunninRebel37 said:

1. Mahomes (till Allen gets that ring) 

2. Allen 

3. Watson ( forgotten man -for understandable reasons) 

4. Burrow

5. Jackson/Herbert (take a pick) 

6. Jackson 

2022 Pro Bowl QBs:

Justin Herbert

Patrick Mahomes

Lamar Jackson

😅🤣😂

• Haha (+1) 1

He choked on that final drive....3rd and 1 and 4th and 1 and you can't extend a game winning drive?

If that's the best then the AFC should just concede the SB every year ;) 

BTW that show wore thin on me over a year ago and I don't even watch it anymore.

I would rather watch Boomer and Gio but I don't do that very often either.

14 hours ago, streetkings01 said:

3 things are for certain on GMF:

Schrager will always go with whosever hot at the moment as being the best coach, QB and/or team.

Kyle will be so hyped off of sugar booger and/or caffeine that he’ll do something cringe worthy and have you reaching for your remote.

Kay will always “yea but” when it comes to Allen and the Bills…..she will give the Ravens, Patriots, Mac Jones or L. Jackson the benefit of the doubt before Allen and/or the Bills.

14 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

the other stuff is hit or miss but you NAILED the bolded. She seemed to actively go out of her way to criticize buffalo allllll season. It was odd.

14 hours ago, ndirish1978 said:

Schrager is such a try-hard it's cringe. Kay is whatever, she seems to think it's her job to balance out Kyle bouncing off the ceiling about the Bills. 

Guys, you realize that the show is probably 80% scripted, right?  If three or four of them sat around and agreed about everything it would be a boring ass show.  Kyle is now the designated Bills guy, Kay is the “but what about X” balancer, and Schrager is “Mr. Hyperbole.”  They play their roles and for the most part the show works.  Then the 4th is the ex-player perspective.

7 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

This is exactly why I was so pissed the Bengals beat the Chiefs and were rooting so hard against them in The Super Bowl. Saw this bull#### rhetoric coming a mile away if they won the AFC Title.

I would be surprised if the Bengals ever make the Super Bowl again with Burrow. He’s good, but that playoff run was full

of lucky breaks.

Raiders almost beat them! If Carr makes the right read at the end of the game, they are one and done

He was sacked 9 times against the Titans! If Tannehill hadn’t sucked so bad they win that game easily 

if the Chiefs kick a FG at halftime, they probably hold on to win. Burrow had a terrible INT in the second half of that game that the chiefs couldn’t capitalize on. 

bengals, fun story. But that team was at least a year ahead of where they should have been. If they fix the o line, maybe. But I’m skeptical 

13 hours ago, What a Tuel said:

Better yet:

Burrow 4 Games:

5 tds 2 int

19 sacks

Allen 2 games:

9 tds 0 int

2 sacks

Mahomes 3 games:

11 tds 3 ints

9 sacks

Its simply no contest. Yes I get it, Allen didn't bring the Bills to the Super Bowl, but anyone who watched the playoffs knows that the Bengals defense (somehow) kept the Bengals in the games to steal victory from the jaws of defeat. 

As opposed to the Bills whose defense snatched defeat out of the jaws of victory, not Josh Allen.

19 sacks...  2 of the games he had rob johnson level sack rates.  I know the offensive line isn't good there, and they played especially poorly in those 2 games, but there has to be some awareness that his clock isn't fast enough and that he needs to get the ball out quicker. 

Whatever they tried to do with Boyd mixon and the other short targets resulted in 17 targets for 63 yards.  Poor playcalling, poor execution by burrow, poor execution by other players - in any case when he got the ball out quick there was like nothing gained.  Usually to me - when you aren't getting yards on short passes its because you held the ball too long.  

This was the area that Allen showed the most improvement as the season wore on.  Learning when to take shots and when not.  Is there a pressure look?  Who's rushing from where?  Recognizing coverage.  Knowing where the outlets are going to be.  

1 hour ago, eball said:

Guys, you realize that the show is probably 80% scripted, right?  If three or four of them sat around and agreed about everything it would be a boring ass show.  Kyle is now the designated Bills guy, Kay is the “but what about X” balancer, and Schrager is “Mr. Hyperbole.”  They play their roles and for the most part the show works.  Then the 4th is the ex-player perspective.

Do Santa next!

• Haha (+1) 1

18 hours ago, What a Tuel said:

Better yet:

Burrow 4 Games:

5 tds 2 int

19 sacks

Allen 2 games:

9 tds 0 int

2 sacks

Mahomes 3 games:

11 tds 3 ints

9 sacks

FAKE NEWS. 

we’ve all been told Josh is inaccurate and throws INT’s 

and Joe Cool Burrow doesn’t throws INT’s 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.