Peter Schrager: Joe Burrow should now be viewed as the top QB in the AFC

YoloinOhio

Bills fans will say Allen. Chiefs fans will say Mahomes. Bengals fans will say Burrow. The 4 Chargers fans will say Herbert. These 4 are the top QB's in the AFC. I would say Mahomes and Allen are the top 2 and you can rank them anyway you want. These 4 will probably dominate the AFC for the next few seasons.

• Like (+1) 17
  • Agree 8
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Until Buffalo wins the AFC and or Superbowl he wont be given that title.  Its a team award.  Allen is the most gifted Qb.  He cleans up a few things I expect him to have an incredible year and hopefully in the same spot as this postseason but every game in Buffalo. 

Edited by Mat68
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Welcome to the offseason. It's an entire channel and show dedicated to NFL talk, and there is nothing to talk about right now. They have to come up with controversial takes for views and engagement. 

Peter doesn't actually believe this, it's just his role in the script. 

• Agree 8
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Errr, no. 

Yeah my opinion of Burrow was actually much higher before the playoffs.

The narrative that he was a great decision maker in the pocket with incredible accuracy and ball placement didn't really seem to be the case in the playoffs.............took implosions from Tannehill and Mahomes for him to get to the SB and right from the first drive of the SB Burrow was making bad decisions with the ball.   

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Process said:

Welcome to the offseason. It's an entire channel and show dedicated to NFL talk, and there is nothing to talk about right now. They have to come up with controversial takes for views and engagement. 

Peter doesn't actually believe this, it's just his role in the script. 

Have to agree with this, that statement just feels like something you say when you want to get laughed out of the room.

I cheered for the Rams so I wouldn’t have to hear about Burrow being the next Brady all off-season.  So far it’s been minimal, but there’s always one.

The AFC is stacked w good young QBs, pick your flavor.  Burrow is in the conversation, but there are more dynamic guys, depends on what you like.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

It's all subjective, and a case can certainly be made.

Mahomes and Allen

Burrow and Herbert

It's a fun discussion, and I'm thrilled our guy is part of the short list. No more Manning/Brady boring crap.

This.  Burrow is a lot better then some folks on 2BD think but Allen & Mahomes are at a different level IMO.

The Bengals had a classic NFL Cinderella run this season - good for them.  But this guy is way overrating a Super Bowl appearance in putting Burrow ahead of Mahomes & Allen.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.