Prospect Watch: Kyler Gordon, CB, Washington

Estro

3 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

So this years Greg Newsome? How did he play for Browns by the way? Did he meet your expectations?

Started 11 games. Was very good in coverage. Only gave up 1 touchdown. Will need to improve as a tackler in run support. But very encouraging season for him as a rookie. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

The question to me is whether Gordon is a potential CB1.

If not.........then that's not the play...........and he probably isn't an immediate, quality CB2 for a SB team.........and not worth pick #25.

If they don't trust Dane Jackson or believe that Tre White will be decent early season before returning to top form later.......then they should be looking to fill CB2 in UFA with a physical upgrade over Levi.    

That may prove impossible if the market is strong but when you are a primarily zone-based defense it's more likely that CB2's will be available than if you are heavy man-based.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The question to me is whether Gordon is a potential CB1.

If not.........then that's not the play...........and he probably isn't an immediate, quality CB2 for a SB team.........and not worth pick #25.

On the first question, I'm not sold the answer is yes. On the second question I think he could be. 

As for whether he is a good use of #25... I can think of better uses of it, for sure. But at #25 sometimes you are left choosing between sub-optimal options. 

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

On the first question, I'm not sold the answer is yes. On the second question I think he could be. 

As for whether he is a good use of #25... I can think of better uses of it, for sure. But at #25 sometimes you are left choosing between sub-optimal options. 

whose your fav guy that you have seen mocked to us at 25?   

i think there should be a good contributor at 25.  

11 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

whose your fav guy that you have seen mocked to us at 25?   

i think there should be a good contributor at 25.  

By far Andrew Booth, Cornerback, Clemson - Chad Reuter mocked him to us this week on NFL.com. In a class this light at the very top for a player as good as him to slide to #25 would be madness in my mind. But if it happened I would not even pause for thought. 

My next two are:

Chris Olave, Wide Receiver, Ohio State - best route runner in the class and speculation he could run sub 4.4? Sign me up. 

Trevor Penning, Offensive Tackle, Northern Iowa - I have been banging the drum for him since mid season. Huge, nasty, finisher of a left tackle. He is raw but the ceiling is sky high and he would blow people off the ball in the run game day 1. You wanna run it better? Draft Penning, line him up at left tackle, slide Dion inside to left guard and just call all your run plays to the left. Sadly I think his dominant week in Mobile means he won't get out of the first 16 picks. 

I think Olave might be the most likely of those three to make #25. If none of them are there then I think Jameson Williams as a flier makes some sense because the Bills can afford to wait on him a bit. 

If all four of those are gone my next group of possible targets does include Gordon. But it would very much depend what the board looks like. 

On 2/15/2022 at 1:52 PM, Estro said:

Gordon's teammate & fellow CB, Trent McDuffie, seems to get more pub, but I really like Gordon.

Good size, 6' & 200lbs, and looks really fluid.  He's also a plus in run support, which I think Bills scouts covet in CBs. I haven't seen a ton of early 1st round hype surrounding this guy, but if his speed and change of direction #s look good @ the Combine he's going in the 1st round. He was part of Bruce Feldmans freak list, apparently has insane vertical jump and agility #s, do it wouldn't surprise if he blows up @ the combine.  Also has background in dance, Kung fu and ballet according to profootballnetwork.com, each just adds to the dudes motion and fluidity.

CBs that have size, speed and physicality that project as quality starters don't last long.  I really like Gordon.

Have seen a few drafts with him taken several picks before the Bills in the first round and I know one did project him to the Bills. So he is not under the radar by any means and a good possibility he is off the board when we pick , leading to the auburn cb mcreary (?) going to us. Majority of drafts so far I have seen have us taking CB. Lots of first round cb talent. 

• 2 months later...
On 2/16/2022 at 7:20 AM, GunnerBill said:

Best corner in the draft. He is my #4 overall player (which is partly a reflection on a weak class at the very top) but he is an excellent player. CB1. 

I don't think he's there at pick 25. Hope the Bills get assertive and trade up a little and get Booth. Him and Tre will be a nice duo for years to come. This is how you build champoinships. 

If Sauce Gardner, Derek Stingley, Garrett Wilson, Jameson Williams (surely all 4 of these are gone), Chris Olave, Andrew Booth, and Trent McDuffie are all gone by 25 (and we haven't moved up to secure one of them) - Kyler Gordon would probably top the list of my "okay, that works, I'm fine with it at 25" picks that also include Daxton Hill, Kaiir Elam, Christian Watson, and Breece Hall.

Though I think like many have pointed out, I'd prefer to move down and pick up more pick(s) to use to move up from 57 with to secure a couple from that list or someone like Skyy Moore, Roger McCreary, Kenneth Walker III, Alec Pierce, or Tariq Woolen (all of which might not be there at 57), in conjunction with one of those 5 guys I mentioned.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1

On 2/15/2022 at 12:52 PM, Estro said:

Gordon's teammate & fellow CB, Trent McDuffie, seems to get more pub, but I really like Gordon.

Good size, 6' & 200lbs, and looks really fluid.  He's also a plus in run support, which I think Bills scouts covet in CBs. I haven't seen a ton of early 1st round hype surrounding this guy, but if his speed and change of direction #s look good @ the Combine he's going in the 1st round. He was part of Bruce Feldmans freak list, apparently has insane vertical jump and agility #s, do it wouldn't surprise if he blows up @ the combine.  Also has background in dance, Kung fu and ballet according to profootballnetwork.com, each just adds to the dudes motion and fluidity.

CBs that have size, speed and physicality that project as quality starters don't last long.  I really like Gordon.

That’s all fine and good but did he take wrestling in high school ? 

6 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Could EASY end up being the 25th pick tomorrow.....size speed.....dog

I agree if we do take a CB at 25 it will be him , actually it wouldn’t surprise me even if Andrew Booth jr was still on the board and we went with Kyler Gordon 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.